d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1626627628629630910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 6 2020 01:34pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 6 2020 07:44am)
The opportunity to come to a real understanding on race relations that cuts across racial lines and could lead to legislative action with bipartisan support. In the wake of Floyd's death, there was a short moment when a big majority of white Americans (I think it was 62% or so), big enough to include a sizable block of Republicans, supported BLM (or rather, the abstract idea behind the slogan) and unspecified calls for racial justice. Violence, looting and divise politics on both sides have squandered this moment.

That said, I personally think that the country was already on a good track in terms of race relations during most of the 2000s. I cant tell you exactly when things went off the rails, if it was Obama's election in '08, or the rise of the tea party in '10, or the Ferguson protests in '14, but at some point, something went horribly wrong. To be fair though: this impression of the 2000s is only my personal opinion, the biased perspective of a conservative-leaning foreign voyeur, so take it with a grain of salt.

It really depends on how much progress you want to make. Middle class+ folks don't want to bothered but they don't want to feel bad either. White identity politics is difficult to navigate IMO.
Gold: 57.00
Aug 6 2020 01:40pm
Quote (thundercock @ 6 Aug 2020 15:34)
It really depends on how much progress you want to make. Middle class+ folks don't want to bothered but they don't want to feel bad either. White identity politics is difficult to navigate IMO.

privileged lefty NIMBYs can fix all this by writing large checks over to the government with the line memo filled out 'fix racism'. then they can be left alone and not feel bad because they actually helped *LAUGH OUT LOUD*
Gold: 285.00
Aug 7 2020 05:54am
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/08/06/georgia-teens-shared-photos-maskless-students-crowded-hallways-now-theyre-suspended/?outputType=amp

Whistle blower students suspended from Texas school for sharing that school isn't taking a Corona virus seriously.
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 7 2020 12:08pm
https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2020/08/06/released-jail-height-pandemic-alexandria-rape-suspect-allegedly-killed-his-accuser/

Ibrahim E. Bouaichi was arrested last year for abducting a woman, raping her and strangling her. She survived and testified against him, and Bouaichi was deemed dangerous enough to jail without bond pending trial.
This summer a circuit court judge released Bouaihi on $25,000 bond over the objections of the prosecution, citing the coronavirus pandemic as reason to keep people out of jail.
There was not a single case of covid-19 at the jail at that time. The jail was on a lockdown that provided video conferences with legal counsel and forbade face-to-face visits, which the lawyers never requested.
He first was arrested and released again despite ramming cop cars in May, and then a couple weeks ago while out on bail Bouaichi tracked her down and shot her to death
Two days ago the police finally caught him again, leading US marshals on a pursuit before crashing his vehicle and shooting himself
He survived and is in critical condition.
Gold: 12,730.67
Aug 7 2020 12:57pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 7 2020 11:08am)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/crime-law/2020/08/06/released-jail-height-pandemic-alexandria-rape-suspect-allegedly-killed-his-accuser/

Ibrahim E. Bouaichi was arrested last year for abducting a woman, raping her and strangling her. She survived and testified against him, and Bouaichi was deemed dangerous enough to jail without bond pending trial.
This summer a circuit court judge released Bouaihi on $25,000 bond over the objections of the prosecution, citing the coronavirus pandemic as reason to keep people out of jail.
There was not a single case of covid-19 at the jail at that time. The jail was on a lockdown that provided video conferences with legal counsel and forbade face-to-face visits, which the lawyers never requested.
He first was arrested and released again despite ramming cop cars in May, and then a couple weeks ago while out on bail Bouaichi tracked her down and shot her to death
Two days ago the police finally caught him again, leading US marshals on a pursuit before crashing his vehicle and shooting himself
He survived and is in critical condition.

The judge should experience the pain of the victim as a sentence.
Aug 7 2020 02:53pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 7 2020 07:54am)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2020/08/06/georgia-teens-shared-photos-maskless-students-crowded-hallways-now-theyre-suspended/?outputType=amp

Whistle blower students suspended from Texas school for sharing that school isn't taking a Corona virus seriously.

This students suspension for whistle blowing has been overturned and will now be the subject of a compelling college essay likely.
Gold: 22,720.48
Aug 7 2020 04:00pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 7 2020 04:53pm)
This students suspension for whistle blowing has been overturned and will now be the subject of a compelling college essay likely.

"Shit, we got caught again!"
Aug 7 2020 04:08pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Aug 7 2020 06:00pm)
"Shit, we got caught again!"

Imagine suspending someone for showing everyone that you're contributing to the corona deaths and thinking you would get away with it.

I think three kids died of it the day after Trump said children couldn't get it. He needs to just quit talking.

Now that he is fighting tiktok I'm afraid I'll be forced to download and play it nonstop.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 7 2020 04:09pm
Gold: 319.37
Aug 7 2020 04:17pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 7 2020 06:08pm)
Imagine suspending someone for showing everyone that you're contributing to the corona deaths and thinking you would get away with it.

I think three kids died of it the day after Trump said children couldn't get it. He needs to just quit talking.

Now that he is fighting tiktok I'm afraid I'll be forced to download and play it nonstop.

Let's be honest with ourselves and admit that children are almost completely safe, and that the concern is with the adults in question. It's a realistic concern, albeit not one that plays on the heartstrings quite as much. You're not fooling anyone with this schtick, and it would be supremely disappointing to learn that you've bought into this narrative so easily.
Gold: 14,569.69
Aug 7 2020 04:20pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Aug 7 2020 03:17pm)
Let's be honest with ourselves and admit that children are almost completely safe, and that the concern is with the adults in question. It's a realistic concern, albeit not one that plays on the heartstrings quite as much. You're not fooling anyone with this schtick, and it would be supremely disappointing to learn that you've bought into this narrative so easily.

be careful.. every statistical 4 year old that dies, and there will be some is going to be national news. What is the response?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1626627628629630910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll