d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1625626627628629910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 6 2020 08:19am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 6 Aug 2020 14:47)
There are multiple lenses to look at issues. You exclusively look at the world and issues through an oppression/racism everywhere lens.You don’t care to understand underlying reasons like the fact that fatherlessness is responsible for almost all issues in the black community, or the fact that the reason blacks have higher police interactions because they commit violent crimes at higher rates. Nope, it’s because of racism cops police the inner city not because those areas are crime hotspots!

And why are blacks so often growing up without fathers? Sky high incarceration rates for young black males certainly contribute to this, brought to you by the likes of the Joe Biden and his crime bill.
Similarly, higher rates of crime are the result of poverty, a lack of opportunity and a depraved socioeconomic environment. These striking crime rates reinforce racist stereotypes and force (yes, force!) cops to act more cautiously and trigger-happy in black neighborhoods. And they contribute to the deprivation and fatherlessness in black communities. And so on and on.

Which is what I have been saying all along: it is a vicious cycle that keeps perpetuating itself even in the absence of present-day racism. My personal gripe on this issue is simply that the liberal take on the situation, their proposed solution, completely misses the mark and would only risk making matters even worse. I strongly disagree with the leftist notion that the present-day U.S. is rotten to its core and riven by an omnipresent, all-encompassing racism. I dont think that this vicious cycle black America is trapped in can be broken by shitting on the police, or by looking away when crimes happen, or by imposing racial quotas everywhere without fixing the fucked up culture in many black neighborhoods.

Simply put, even if all actual racism was ended today, it would still take a long time, probably multiple generations, for black communities to heal and for inequality to recede to acceptable levels. By pushing short-sighted, virtue signalling pseudo-solutions like defunding the police, or by pushing divisive liberal identiy politics like racial quotas, reparations and stuff like that, the contemporary left is wasting a big opportunity to make real progress and even putting past progress at risk.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 6 2020 08:19am
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 6 2020 08:31am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 6 2020 09:19am)
And why are blacks so often growing up without fathers? Sky high incarceration rates for young black males certainly contribute to this, brought to you by the likes of the Joe Biden and his crime bill.
Similarly, higher rates of crime are the result of poverty, a lack of opportunity and a depraved socioeconomic environment. These striking crime rates reinforce racist stereotypes and force (yes, force!) cops to act more cautiously and trigger-happy in black neighborhoods. And they contribute to the deprivation and fatherlessness in black communities. And so on and on.

Which is what I have been saying all along: it is a vicious cycle that keeps perpetuating itself even in the absence of present-day racism. My personal gripe on this issue is simply that the liberal take on the situation, their proposed solution, completely misses the mark and would only risk making matters even worse. I strongly disagree with the leftist notion that the present-day U.S. is rotten to its core and riven by an omnipresent, all-encompassing racism. I dont think that this vicious cycle black America is trapped in can be broken by shitting on the police, or by looking away when crimes happen, or by imposing racial quotas everywhere without fixing the fucked up culture in many black neighborhoods.

Simply put, even if all actual racism was ended today, it would still take a long time, probably multiple generations, for black communities to heal and for inequality to recede to acceptable levels. By pushing short-sighted, virtue signalling pseudo-solutions like defunding the police, or by pushing divisive liberal identiy politics like racial quotas, reparations and stuff like that, the contemporary left is wasting a big opportunity to make real progress and even putting past progress at risk.

what is the "big opportunity" liberals are missing specifically?
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 6 2020 08:44am
Quote (thesnipa @ 6 Aug 2020 16:31)

The opportunity to come to a real understanding on race relations that cuts across racial lines and could lead to legislative action with bipartisan support. In the wake of Floyd's death, there was a short moment when a big majority of white Americans (I think it was 62% or so), big enough to include a sizable block of Republicans, supported BLM (or rather, the abstract idea behind the slogan) and unspecified calls for racial justice. Violence, looting and divise politics on both sides have squandered this moment.

That said, I personally think that the country was already on a good track in terms of race relations during most of the 2000s. I cant tell you exactly when things went off the rails, if it was Obama's election in '08, or the rise of the tea party in '10, or the Ferguson protests in '14, but at some point, something went horribly wrong. To be fair though: this impression of the 2000s is only my personal opinion, the biased perspective of a conservative-leaning foreign voyeur, so take it with a grain of salt.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 6 2020 08:45am
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 6 2020 08:49am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 6 2020 09:44am)
The opportunity to come to a real understanding on race relations that cuts across racial lines and could lead to legislative action with bipartisan support. In the wake of Floyd's death, there was a short moment when a big majority of white Americans (I think it was 62% or so), big enough to include a sizable block of Republicans, supported the idea of BLM and unspecified calls for racial justice. Violence, looting and divise politics on both sides has squandered this moment.

That said, I personally think that the country was already on a good track in terms of race relations during most of the 2000s. I cant tell you exactly when things went off the rails, if it was Obama's election in '08, or the rise of the tea party in '10, or the Ferguson protests in '14, but at some point, something went horribly wrong. To be fair though: this impression of the 2000s is only my personal opinion, the biased perspective of a conservative-leaning foreign voyeur, so take it with a grain of salt.

firstly the idea of effectual legislation even pre-riots is a pipe dream. republican's idea of helping the black community is jobs jobs jobs and more jobs. they aren't interested in actually investing the amount of money it will take to make large change in a generation. at all. if they were they wouldn't have let the rust belt go to shit and millions live in perpetual poverty in their districts. they want votes, and jobs and taxes are the least expensive fix to get just a hair over 50% of the votes to get them in office. fixing the ghetto in 50-100 years will cost many trillions of dollars, and republicans simply can't explain to white voters in predominately white districts why they voted to send trillions to people in other states while they sat in congress.

secondly if the election of obama was the catalyst for "when things went off the rails" that's a sad state of racial affairs. black guy gets elected and people lose their minds? id hope america isnt THAT racist, but i know at least a third of america is that racist.
Gold: 12,030.00
Aug 6 2020 08:56am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 6 2020 10:44am)
The opportunity to come to a real understanding on race relations that cuts across racial lines and could lead to legislative action with bipartisan support. In the wake of Floyd's death, there was a short moment when a big majority of white Americans (I think it was 62% or so), big enough to include a sizable block of Republicans, supported BLM (or rather, the abstract idea behind the slogan) and unspecified calls for racial justice. Violence, looting and divise politics on both sides have squandered this moment.

Real problem is the peddlers of hate and division. Blacks and pretty much every other minority group is doing much better today than at any other point in history. There's more blacks in position of power, more blacks going to universities, etc. Problem is this trend can't be leveraged for political gain, but if you paint the opposite picture you could fire people up.

90% of these incidents would not balloon to this level if you didn't have opportunistic media & politicians sowing discord through narratives.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Aug 6 2020 08:56am
Gold: 500.00
Aug 6 2020 10:21am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 6 2020 10:31am)

Public Caning
Gold: 285.00
Aug 6 2020 11:12am
My governor, mike dewine, Has tested positive for Corona virus :(

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 6 2020 11:12am
Gold: 22,720.48
Aug 6 2020 11:14am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 6 2020 01:12pm)

Damn, now republicans are catching covid to avoid meeting with trump.
Gold: 57.00
Aug 6 2020 11:16am
Quote (Skinned @ 6 Aug 2020 13:12)

that’s a shame. hope he gets through it while he continues to go on blaming churches for the spread of covid-19
Gold: 260.11
Aug 6 2020 11:57am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 6 2020 07:47am)
Lol

I responded to your shitty schools point which you quickly pivoted away from.

There are multiple lenses to look at issues. You exclusively look at the world and issues through an oppression/racism everywhere lens.You don’t care to understand underlying reasons like the fact that fatherlessness is responsible for almost all issues in the black community, or the fact that the reason blacks have higher police interactions because they commit violent crimes at higher rates. Nope, it’s because of racism cops police the inner city not because those areas are crime hotspots!

If its not material circumstance its biological. And then you are making a claim that is one tiny baby step from eugenics.

What weve been saying is only controversial if you think blacks are genetically inferior. If you dont think theres an inherent biological inferiority then material circumstance influencing the culture is pretty obvious and not controversial in the least
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1625626627628629910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll