d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1622623624625626910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Aug 5 2020 03:54pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 5 2020 03:49pm)
Well the state facilitates leaving. I can leave my kids right now, never see them again, and all i have to do is mail a check every month until their 18.

Record I've heard of (from other social workers) is one dude here having 50 children.

The children are dismissed from a young age and taught they are worth less than others by systems in their life.

Well Duffman, the schools are already segregated as you like, you win. Yay for you.

Glad a cursory Google search was all took for you to understand a complex social phenomenon.

But why does the husband want to leave? The State might accommodate it as you said, why are other cultures not plagued so heavily with this issue?

This post was edited by SBD on Aug 5 2020 03:56pm
Gold: 12,030.00
Aug 5 2020 03:56pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 5 2020 05:49pm)
Well the state facilitates leaving. I can leave my kids right now, never see them again, and all i have to do is mail a check every month until their 18.

Record I've heard of (from other social workers) is one dude here having 50 children.

The children are dismissed from a young age and taught they are worth less than others by systems in their life.

Well Duffman, the schools are already segregated as you like, you win. Yay for you.

Glad a cursory Google search was all took for you to understand a complex social phenomenon.

Taught as being less 😂

When and where does this happen? Be specific please, because I grew up in a inner city and half my classmates were black and seemed to have missed that part of the curriculum.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 5 2020 04:02pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 5 2020 05:56pm)
Taught as being less 😂

When and where does this happen? Be specific please, because I grew up in a inner city and half my classmates were black and seemed to have missed that part of the curriculum.

You probably haven't spoke to them about it like I have so you're more than likely unaware.

How else do you explain living in a shittier place, having no car, shitty old tore up books, no extracurriculars activities, shity sports equipment if you're lucky, no computers, gun violence at schools, etc, when some other people have a nice building, nice teachers, sports, computers and internet, new books of the current edition, no violence, no guns, booster club, parent teacher association, field trips, etc.

If you cannot see this you just lack empathy, and i don't think you've experienced real poverty sir because of your uninsightful posts concerning everything related to it.

Quote (SBD @ Aug 5 2020 05:54pm)
But why does the husband want to leave? The State might accommodate it as you said, why are other cultures not plagued so heavily with this issue?

There was probably no husband to begin with.

Individuals we are talking about have a lack of faith in systems since they all work against them to a degree...education, political, educational, healthcare, etc. There is something called the arousal-response cycle that builds or erodes faith in systems, important idea in systems theory applied to people. Arousal-response is not sexual.

You have a need, you engage with a system, and if your experience is negative you will have less faith on that system next time. If it works to meet your need you will have faith in it.

Our systems meet the needs of some and deny others. Affluent whites have a healthy respect for authority because it works out for them and had benefitted them in their experience, so they trust cops until they get a gun pointed in their face or their rights violated and it erodes faith, if such a thing were to occur. Someone on the other wnd might be treated poorly by law enforcement, be profiled, arrested for matching a description by a person who thinks they all look alike, etc...then have his life saved and preserved by those same forces....

Its like that mediocre movie Crash and the cop that sexually assaults the woman on the traffic stop in front of her husband and then saves her in the fire later on in the film. Her arousal-response was probably all wacked out by that lol.

People can do the same things and have very different outcomes based on who they are due to the agency of these systems. Marriage is one system among many, which is especially disadvantageous to males in general.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 5 2020 04:13pm
Aug 5 2020 04:26pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 5 2020 06:02pm)
You probably haven't spoke to them about it like I have so you're more than likely unaware.

How else do you explain living in a shittier place, having no car, shitty old tore up books, no extracurriculars activities, shity sports equipment if you're lucky, no computers, gun violence at schools, etc, when some other people have a nice building, nice teachers, sports, computers and internet, new books of the current edition, no violence, no guns, booster club, parent teacher association, field trips, etc.

If you cannot see this you just lack empathy, and i don't think you've experienced real poverty sir because of your uninsightful posts concerning everything related to it.

The explanation to most of those is quite easy and logical tbh. I pay 1/9 of the property taxes in an inner city that my cousin pays in the suburbs. That contributes to pretty much all of that disparity.

I know you’ll probably find a creative way to offload responsibility on government why there’s violence or inner city kids bringing guns to school but that’s dishonest. Stop looking at blacks as inferior which are unable to make conscious decisions about their lives.
Gold: 1.00
Aug 5 2020 04:26pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 5 2020 04:02pm)

There was probably no husband to begin with.

Individuals we are talking about have a lack of faith in systems since they all work against them to a degree...education, political, educational, healthcare, etc. There is something called the arousal-response cycle that builds or erodes faith in systems, important idea in systems theory applied to people. Arousal-response is not sexual.

You have a need, you engage with a system, and if your experience is negative you will have less faith on that system next time. If it works to meet your need you will have faith in it.

Our systems meet the needs of some and deny others. Affluent whites have a healthy respect for authority because it works out for them and had benefitted them in their experience, so they trust cops until they get a gun pointed in their face or their rights violated and it erodes faith, if such a thing were to occur. Someone on the other wnd might be treated poorly by law enforcement, be profiled, arrested for matching a description by a person who thinks they all look alike, etc...then have his life saved and preserved by those same forces....

Its like that mediocre movie Crash and the cop that sexually assaults the woman on the traffic stop in front of her husband and then saves her in the fire later on in the film. Her arousal-response was probably all wacked out by that lol.

People can do the same things and have very different outcomes based on who they are due to the agency of these systems. Marriage is one system among many, which is especially disadvantageous to males in general.

We are not more racist now than we were 50 years ago but the rates of children out of wedlock have actually increased drastically. Why is faith eroded as racism decreases? I'm certainly not arguing we live in a utopia now, but to say we haven't progressed significantly from a whites only fountain to now would also be a huge lie. In 1965 you were looking at 24% of infants being born outside wedlock in the African American community. Fast forward to now its nearly 80%. If anything the system was far worse and faith should have been fully eroded by 1965 and rebuilding as society became more progressive. We have seen the exact opposite. Society becomes more progressive and now you have more single mothers.

We can drop wedlock even just focus on single mothers (you certainly dont have to get married but there's certainly a coloration between lack of wedlock and single mothers. E.g. a kid born outside is more likely to have a single parent in the future.). Its the same trend though. Single mothers have gone up as we have become more progressive.

Gold: 500.00
Aug 5 2020 04:37pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 5 2020 05:49pm)

Its funny you read that paragraph and get your translation lol. Its like you don't understand the language.

For others who do not want to be ignorant like Duffman learn more here: http://www.justicepolicy.org/mobile/news/8775

Delinquents are bound for prison in any society that maintains law and order. They are worth less than well behaved students who are bound to become productive members of society.

This post was edited by duffman316 on Aug 5 2020 04:39pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Aug 5 2020 04:44pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 5 Aug 2020 21:19)
see the chicken egg bit in the next sentence.

its funny people say discrimination is reduced substantially but if u call 20 employers and say your name is "Lavondrius" then call back and say your name is "Kevin" you'll get a lot more interviews as Kevin. same goes for looking for places to live, bank loans, etc. if the context is "get a job" systematic discrimination is still a very real thing.

but yes, people dont scream nigger in your face nearly as much these days.

Quote (fender @ 5 Aug 2020 21:21)
you're not a racist though, at least in your own mind, right?

sure, decades of discrimination (housing, lending, education, policing...), that btw directly explain the wealth gap, have nothing to do with it, it's just inherent in black 'culture', huh? holy shit, you're such a despicable bigot...

Do you guys realize that African immigrants in the US are earning more and achieving higher educational attainment than US-born blacks?

https://www.courthousenews.com/african-immigrants-doing-well-in-united-states/
https://www.blackenterprise.com/black-immigrants-in-u-s-earning-30-more-than-u-s-born-blacks/

Nielsen research finds that the median household income for foreign-born blacks is 30% higher than U.S.-born blacks.

Now, you might say that this is due to wildly different education levels, but according to

there is only a 6% gap in the rate of college education, which is a bit low to explain a 30% income difference. And that's not even taking into account the fact that high-school and college education obtained in sub-saharan African countries should normally be inferior to the same tier of education obtained in the US.

So... immigrants from piss-poor countries who have not spent enough time in the US to have built up relevant amounts of real estate property or social capital, and who look just like the native-born blacks, are still earning substantially more. How do you explain this disparity without taking a counter-productive culture of US-born blacks into account?

This comparison between native and immigrant blacks clearly shows that, on average, starting from absolute scratch in the US (while having black skin and thus facing all the discrimination that might come with it) is still better than being born to black parents and growing up in a black neighborhood in the US.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Aug 5 2020 04:44pm
Gold: 285.00
Aug 5 2020 04:55pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Aug 5 2020 06:26pm)
The explanation to most of those is quite easy and logical tbh. I pay 1/9 of the property taxes in an inner city that my cousin pays in the suburbs. That contributes to pretty much all of that disparity.

I know you’ll probably find a creative way to offload responsibility on government why there’s violence or inner city kids bringing guns to school but that’s dishonest. Stop looking at blacks as inferior which are unable to make conscious decisions about their lives.

What the fuck does any of what you say have to do with the inner experience of someone in poverty?

You didn't even address what I said as it went completely above your head.

These children made conscious decisions to be born in shittier circumstances? God you say some stupid things here without even thinking.

Quote (SBD @ Aug 5 2020 06:26pm)
We are not more racist now than we were 50 years ago but the rates of children out of wedlock have actually increased drastically. Why is faith eroded as racism decreases? I'm certainly not arguing we live in a utopia now, but to say we haven't progressed significantly from a whites only fountain to now would also be a huge lie. In 1965 you were looking at 24% of infants being born outside wedlock in the African American community. Fast forward to now its nearly 80%. If anything the system was far worse and faith should have been fully eroded by 1965 and rebuilding as society became more progressive. We have seen the exact opposite. Society becomes more progressive and now you have more single mothers.

We can drop wedlock even just focus on single mothers (you certainly dont have to get married but there's certainly a coloration between lack of wedlock and single mothers. E.g. a kid born outside is more likely to have a single parent in the future.). Its the same trend though. Single mothers have gone up as we have become more progressive.

Traditional authorities like family and god have given way to rational authorities like economy and science. Average marriage lasts 7 years, down from 8. Not as many people across the board sticking it out. The family isn't an important mechanism for survival and men aren't needed by women to survive... but survival shouldn't be mistaken for living and thriving.

This erosion of traditional values, with church and family being destroyed by market capitalism, is the crux of The Manifesto of the Communist Party. "All that is solid melts into air" is how he described the death of traditional authority to rational authority. God is very dead.

Quote (duffman316 @ Aug 5 2020 06:37pm)
Delinquents are bound for prison in any society that maintains law and order. They are worth less than well behaved students who are bound to become productive members of society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqOgnQyXp4

And this is true for all races. We aren't talking about juvenile delinquency, we are discussing policies that treat people very different and how the enforcement of policies aren't consistent across the board. You're intelligent enough to understand this.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 5 2020 05:06pm
Aug 5 2020 05:21pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 5 2020 06:55pm)
What the fuck does any of what you say have to do with the inner experience of someone in poverty?

You didn't even address what I said as it went completely above your head.

These children made conscious decisions to be born in shittier circumstances? God you say some stupid things here without even thinking.

Pretty slow on the uptake today huh?

Schools are partially funded by local taxes. The reason why a school in the suburbs is better is because taxes there are 9x so they can afford to offer piano lessons, niche sports, etc.

A kid can make the conscious decision to not get into gangs, skip school, bring guns to school, etc. A parent can make a conscious choice to make an effort and have a two parent home, to work more to move to a better school district, etc. Government is not the backstop, parents always have been and should be.

Stop shirking all individual responsibility, blacks are not some inferior, less capable race. Plenty do quite well without your dumb ass rationalizations such as why inner city schools get less funding compared to a suburb school.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Aug 5 2020 05:21pm
Gold: 260.11
Aug 5 2020 05:24pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Aug 5 2020 05:44pm)
Do you guys realize that African immigrants in the US are earning more and achieving higher educational attainment than US-born blacks?

https://www.courthousenews.com/african-immigrants-doing-well-in-united-states/
https://www.blackenterprise.com/black-immigrants-in-u-s-earning-30-more-than-u-s-born-blacks/

Now, you might say that this is due to wildly different education levels, but according to
https://www.pewresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2018/04/PG_2018.04.24_Sub-Suharan-Immigrants-Profile_00-02.png
there is only a 6% gap in the rate of college education, which is a bit low to explain a 30% income difference. And that's not even taking into account the fact that high-school and college education obtained in sub-saharan African countries should normally be inferior to the same tier of education obtained in the US.

So... immigrants from piss-poor countries who have not spent enough time in the US to have built up relevant amounts of real estate property or social capital, and who look just like the native-born blacks, are still earning substantially more. How do you explain this disparity without taking a counter-productive culture of US-born blacks into account?

This comparison between native and immigrant blacks clearly shows that, on average, starting from absolute scratch in the US (while having black skin and thus facing all the discrimination that might come with it) is still better than being born to black parents and growing up in a black neighborhood in the US.

What are you even talking about? Immigrants from literally everywhere are better than the people who stay because immigrating requires significant resources and drive to even attempt. You're making a super shitty comparison by assuming that everybody from Africa is dirt poor. The ones who are truly dirt poor and without opportunity don't make it through the immigration process.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1622623624625626910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll