d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1621622623624625910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Aug 5 2020 01:50pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 5 2020 01:29pm)
I said this a few weeks ago and triggered a bunch of people here and was called stupid lol.

If we were to actually delve into cultural influences I think i could list things that are more predominant in the African American community than other groups that are likely not beneficial, but its certainly not comparable to the underlying cause of their current position which is significant open discrimination and legal barriers , not even 50 years ago.

Don't misinterpret me as one of those people saying, well its rap and gangs making the kids bad.

An example though would be births outside of wedlock. I think its nearly 75-80% among African Americans. Is this cultural influences caused by discrimination or a culture grown from within?

Evidence shows that children brought up in single parent family's regardless of skin color perform significantly worse, evidence also shows that there's significantly more single mothers than other cultures. So less wedlock, more single parent homes, more poverty, less opportunity for children, resort to other means of income, criminal activity goes up, etc.

Is my above example because of systematic racism or an internal issue?
Gold: 285.00
Aug 5 2020 02:10pm
Quote (SBD @ Aug 5 2020 03:50pm)
If we were to actually delve into cultural influences I think i could list things that are more predominant in the African American community than other groups that are likely not beneficial, but its certainly not comparable to the underlying cause of their current position which is significant open discrimination and legal barriers , not even 50 years ago.

Don't misinterpret me as one of those people saying, well its rap and gangs making the kids bad.

An example though would be births outside of wedlock. I think its nearly 75-80% among African Americans. Is this cultural influences caused by discrimination or a culture grown from within?

Evidence shows that children brought up in single parent family's regardless of skin color perform significantly worse, evidence also shows that there's significantly more single mothers than other cultures. So less wedlock, more single parent homes, more poverty, less opportunity for children, resort to other means of income, criminal activity goes up, etc.

When the greatest predictive measure of an individual's success is parent's levels of education, having one parent is a huge handicap.

Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 5 2020 03:42pm)
well yeah, anything i say sounds reasonable but anything an SJW cuck liberlol purple haired priviledged lefty antifa commie bernie bro tax advocate such as yourself says is biased.

for real tho, people love to deny systematic discrimination when simple tests prove its real. i dont get it, they're like social science flat earthers.

They will say systemic racism doesn't exist them complain about affirmative action. Dumb motherfuckers lol.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 5 2020 02:12pm
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 5 2020 02:33pm
pretty important new bits of info

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20200805/Study-Memory-T-cells-that-recognize-common-cold-coronaviruses-also-recognize-SARS-CoV-2.aspx
https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/08/04/science.abd3871

strong genetic evidence that individuals already have immunity/resistance to covid-19 before being exposed to it, due to t-cells recognizing the genetics of the coronavirus as similar to other common rhinoviruses (colds)
so just having been exposed to colds can make people at least asymptomatic when infected by coronavirus
This potential preexisting cross-reactive T cell immunity to SARS-CoV-2 has broad implications, as it could explain aspects of differential COVID-19 clinical outcomes, influence epidemiological models of herd immunity (17, 18), or affect the performance of COVID-19 candidate vaccines.

https://www.livescience.com/convalescent-plasma-therapy-reduces-covid19-deaths.html

patients treated with convalescent plasma donated from people with resistance to covid-19 are showing a ~50% drop in mortality rates
not perfect research but its definitely worth being optimistic about

Specifically, the mortality rate among patients given plasma was 13%, compared with 25% among patients given standard treatments. While that's trending in the right direction, the new analysis wasn't peer reviewed, and neither was some of the trial data the analysis looked at. What's more, only three of the 12 studies were randomized controlled trials (RCTs), where patients are randomly assigned to receive a treatment or standard of care, which is the gold standard for assessing medical treatments.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-new-york-city-zero-covid-deaths-three-days/

new york city has now reported 0 covid-19 related deaths for 3 days in a row
Aug 5 2020 02:48pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 5 2020 02:10pm)
When the greatest predictive measure of an individual's success is parent's levels of education, having one parent is a huge handicap.

But is the significantly over-represented single mothers in the African American community because of systemic racism?

I don't know the answer.

This post was edited by SBD on Aug 5 2020 02:48pm
Gold: 500.00
Aug 5 2020 02:50pm
Quote (SBD @ Aug 5 2020 03:50pm)

Looks like a problem of weak family values. Asian family values so strong they'll kill you for bringing dishonor to the family.
Aug 5 2020 03:07pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Aug 5 2020 02:50pm)
Looks like a problem of weak family values. Asian family values so strong they'll kill you for bringing dishonor to the family.

I would agree with that. There's a value system there that is also a hindrance to advancement. I don't put that ahead of other barriers, but it hinders none the less and I don't think its trivial.
Aug 5 2020 03:17pm
Quote (SBD @ Aug 5 2020 04:48pm)
But is the significantly over-represented single mothers in the African American community because of systemic racism?

I don't know the answer.

If dads are on the school to prison pipeline its a big social problem.

The state has replaced the father in many black families.

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 5 2020 03:18pm
Aug 5 2020 03:22pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 5 2020 03:17pm)

This is fair. Now we would need to determine how many mothers are single because their partner is in a correctional facility comparatively to how many just impregnated a woman and left by free will.

This post was edited by SBD on Aug 5 2020 03:22pm
Gold: 500.00
Aug 5 2020 03:33pm
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 5 2020 05:17pm)

Just googled this school to prison pipeline. Looks like shitty kids that get suspended repeatedly are likely to end up in jail. Kids that don't concern themselves with academic achievements should not be permitted to interfere in the education of civilized children. Sounds like a problem that can only be solved through better parenting to produce less shitty kids.

This post was edited by duffman316 on Aug 5 2020 03:43pm
Aug 5 2020 03:49pm
Quote (SBD @ Aug 5 2020 05:22pm)
This is fair. Now we would need to determine how many mothers are single because their partner is in a correctional facility comparatively to how many just impregnated a woman and left by free will.

Well the state facilitates leaving. I can leave my kids right now, never see them again, and all i have to do is mail a check every month until their 18.

Quote (duffman316 @ Aug 5 2020 05:33pm)
Just googled this school to prison pipeline. Looks like shitty kids that get suspended repeatedly are likely to end up in jail. Kids that don't concern themselves with academic achievements should not be permitted to interfere in the education of civilized children. Sounds like a problem that can only be solved through better parenting to produce less shitty kids.

Record I've heard of (from other social workers) is one dude here having 50 children.

The children are dismissed from a young age and taught they are worth less than others by systems in their life.

Well Duffman, the schools are already segregated as you like, you win. Yay for you.

Glad a cursory Google search was all took for you to understand a complex social phenomenon.

In the United States, the school-to-prison pipeline (SPP), also known as the school-to-prison link or the schoolhouse-to-jailhouse track, is the disproportionate tendency of minors and young adults from disadvantaged backgrounds to become incarcerated, because of increasingly harsh school and municipal policies.

Its funny you read that paragraph and get your translation lol. Its like you don't understand the language.

For others who do not want to be ignorant like Duffman learn more here: http://www.justicepolicy.org/mobile/news/8775

This post was edited by Skinned on Aug 5 2020 03:57pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1621622623624625910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll