d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Shot At Rally In Pa
Prev1616263646585Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 15 2024 10:14am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 15 2024 10:46am)
I mean it's not even that controversial or biased to just say that Trump was shot at during the rally as a headline, it's literally what happened with zero bias in any direction. Why are they going through these word-smithing gymnastics. If they can't be trusted with such basic shit that's so clear, how can they be trusted with more nuanced things?

the part i dont get is these headlines always get torn apart in about 3 hours flat. whatever unsure nature they're grabbing with that headline gets destroyed in just a few hours. so they get MAYBE a short term boost, then in the long run compilation photos like this make them look like shit. even if we 4d chess shitty online clickbait journalism it seems like a net loss.
Gold: 13,750.00
Jul 15 2024 10:19am
Quote (Mondain @ Jul 15 2024 12:03pm)
You're going to try and spin it from the left wing media,
who promoted violence against trump for years,
who repeatedly made false reports on the Assassination Attempt on former President Trump,
who victim blamed trump.

I'm sorry but there is a reason this 'bullied' angle is not being pushed harder.
It creates sympathy and encourages violence by giving an excuse.

e- There is no excuse for committing Treason and a Terrorist act.
Let the professionals determine the motive.

Do not forget, the shooter is an Assassin.
Trump was injured, 2 men are hospitalized, 1 man is dead.
People were injured and killed.

just asking the dumb questions but... how is it treason when trump isn't even officially a nominee yet?

terrible person, doing a terrible thing; a life was lost here, but let's not dehumanize him and act like we can't understand what draws this behavior out of people

no news outlet is justifying what he did, they're simply trying to understand it so you can help put guardrails in place
Gold: 11.11
Jul 15 2024 10:20am
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ Jul 15 2024 11:51am)
I'm tell you something..
You don't iron sight, under duress, with heavy breathing & a high heart rate, all while being spotted, knowing return fire is coming at any second, aim at a moving target and miss by an inch at 100-150m

Also, rooftop unsecured, it's not negligence, this mistake isn't possible with SS detail, it's not even an amateur mistake, it's day one rookie mistake, if that...

Going for a dome shot at 150 with irons is either the mark of a professional or someone who had no idea what they're doing.
I am completely following your logic here because I can't tell if this guys a pro, or all these details were handled for him beforehand.

Also the USSS said that trump was in international waters and therefore he wasnt in the active protection zone.
They also have no plans for changing any policy because that takes time and they're very stressed right now.

Here's a snipers opinion on the situation:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13634219/Veteran-longest-confirmed-sniper-kill-Trump-assassination-attempt.html

This post was edited by zorzin on Jul 15 2024 10:42am
Gold: 93,285.69
Jul 15 2024 10:21am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Jul 15 2024 04:19pm)
just asking the dumb questions but... how is it treason when trump isn't even officially a nominee yet?

terrible person, doing a terrible thing; a life was lost here, but let's not dehumanize him and act like we can't understand what draws this behavior out of people

no news outlet is justifying what he did, they're simply trying to understand it so you can help put guardrails in place

Here is my response.
Quote (Mondain @ Jul 15 2024 07:34am)
Trump is a former USA President and USA Presidential Candidate.

Treason - the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill or overthrow the sovereign or government

e- If this had happened to Biden, I would be saying the same thing.
Violence is unacceptable, Nobody should advocate for violence. Especially regarding representatives.

Gold: 0.11
Jul 15 2024 10:34am
Quote (WhiskeyRunz @ Jul 15 2024 11:51am)
I'm tell you something..

This wasn't a lone wolf

CIA failed assignment

They wanted to JFK his head in 4k and plaster the photos on the internet for all to see, they failed.

You don't iron sight, under duress, with heavy breathing & a high heart rate, all while being spotted, knowing return fire is coming at any second, aim at a moving target and miss by an inch at 100-150m

This person was ready, this required training.. Who offered this training? No social media accts?

Information is being buried like an Epstein tape

Also, rooftop unsecured, it's not negligence, this mistake isn't possible with SS detail, it's not even an amateur mistake, it's day one rookie mistake, if that..

Anyway, that's all for now..

CIA would not miss tbh

surely possible something whack happened here

I guess the most likely is EXTREME incompetence and complacency in this event but that leaves a lot of room for looking for reasons why that could ever be the case
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 15 2024 10:47am
Quote (babun1024 @ Jul 15 2024 07:13am)

That is WILD!
Gold: 1,804.12
Jul 15 2024 11:01am
Quote (MasterHand @ Jul 15 2024 12:34pm)
CIA would not miss tbh

Grazed the ear right as he turned his head, if anyone is remotely aware of high adrenaline situations, they'd understand this shot placement was fucking phenomenal..

This isn't fudster breaking out his deer rifle sitting at a range bench with scope, aiming down range and hitting a bullseye on a target.

High stress situation
Middle of Summer
Ascend a Ladder to Roof
Bearcrawl on hot metal panels

Okay, put this into perspective, run a 1/4 mile to get your heart rate up to speed..

Climb a ladder, laydown on hot metal, within a second or two have target acquistion, fire..

This is so much harder to perform in a real life scenario, facing certain death, knowing as soon as you pull, it's all over..

You cannot pull this off without training, so it begs the question, who..?

Gold: 57.00
Jul 15 2024 11:02am
Quote (stuartg85 @ 15 Jul 2024 12:19)

killing a presumptive nominee and/or former president would be at the very least would be subversion as that person is attempting to overthrow the order of the country. would attempting to murder a political figure go so far as treason? i would say yes but some scholars would argue otherwise.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 15 2024 11:07am
Quote (Sixers @ Jul 15 2024 04:55am)
Videos of him on the roof and people pointing him out are pretty wild. Plenty of time to take him out.

I'd like to know more about this, as I've read cursory accounts of this. This seems like a massive failure of Secret Service and gives rise to conspiracy theories.

I'm also concerned about how many people are saying that if Trump had been killed, that it would have meant them initiating some kind of civil war. Presidential assassination, attempted or otherwise, understandably would rock the country but to have one's instinct be to seek civil war is perhaps reflective of how divisive things are as a country. It certainly doesn't help though when large media outlets refuse to call a spade a spade and report this as an assassination attempt.

This post was edited by Handcuffs on Jul 15 2024 11:09am
Gold: 8,933.00
Jul 15 2024 11:12am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Jul 15 2024 12:07pm)
I'd like to know more about this, as I've read cursory accounts of this. This seems like a massive failure of Secret Service and gives rise to conspiracy theories.

I'm also concerned about how many people are saying that if Trump had been killed, that it would have meant them initiating some kind of civil war. Presidential assassination, attempted or otherwise, understandably would rock the country but to have one's instinct be to seek civil war is perhaps reflective of how divisive things are as a country. It certainly doesn't help though when large media outlets refuse to call a spade a spade and report this as an assassination attempt.

https://x.com/TheMilkBarTV/status/1812731727053488418?t=rw5kYM9f3OOPXQxJxO-njw&s=19
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1616263646585Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll