d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1610611612613614910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 319.37
Aug 3 2020 08:35am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Aug 3 2020 08:52am)
"Am I going to get well?" : Covid-19 patients testify to persistent symptoms after several months

"The symptoms were over and then it got worse"

Julie, 40, noticed the first "harmless" symptoms in early April. A slight cold and sneezing, quickly accompanied by a loss of smell. "I had aches and fatigue, but nothing to do with what I know now," said this mother of two, "exhausted" after three months of illness. For this child protection professional in Ardèche, who tested positive, the situation went from a "little cold" to respiratory failure in mid-April. Then a relapse, less than a month ago. Julie now describes "migraines which do not pass", "incessant nausea".

Olivier's first symptoms, in March, also seemed "rather mild". Body aches, loss of taste and smell, chest pain and fatigue. "The turning point took place at the beginning of May", at the end of a lull of two to three weeks, tells this inhabitant of Boulogne-Billancourt (Hauts-de-Seine), also tested positive: "A point in the heart with tingling in the brain made me fall. My body was shaking. I thought I was going to die. " A battery of examinations with a cardiologist does not indicate anything, but "leaps of heart" return for this 44-year-old man "three to four times a day".

These cardiac symptoms sometimes give rise to complications, as experienced by Philippe, a 33-year-old Parisian who also tested positive by PCR. "I was arrested on March 4 ... until last week," summarizes the thirty-something working in the insurance industry. In addition to the cough and shortness of breath "that did not go away", Philippe developed tachycardia - a symptom "quite common" among patients followed in Rennes, observes Pierre Tattevin. "I was already being treated for arrhythmia and hypertension, but after the tachycardia, I developed heart failure," reports Philippe.

source

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/sante/maladie/coronavirus/est-ce-que-je-vais-guerir-des-malades-du-covid-19-temoignent-des-symptomes-persistants-apres-plusieurs-mois_4032575.html

Conclusion: It's not a good idea to try, even if healthy

>33 year old being treated for hypertension
>healthy

Pick one.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Aug 3 2020 10:11am
Gold: 22,164.69
Aug 3 2020 11:15am
Well, shit. I've been following and supporting a local restaurant that's basically been my bellwether for how local businesses are coping with the coronavirus. They're in a small town, deeply skeptical of the state mandates and opposed to the governor's orders, but been bending over backwards to comply with them and follow the letter of the law while the community has had to organized multiple drives and big nights out with generous tips in an attempt to keep them afloat. When the lock-down only let them sell food off-site and to people in vehicles, they had drive-in concerts from musicians supporting them, they had some decent names and called in to radio shows and appeared at protests. When a limited reopening was allowed, they had to pay for numerous hand sanitizing stations, complied with distancing and mask rules, had to buy all kinds of new equipment and seating. In the end, this is how long they could make it before it simply became financially impossible.

How can a business owner be expected to continue to support payroll on PPP that expires, pay for liquor licenses, electric, gas, water and a mortgage while supplier rates rise and become unavailable, while only getting a fraction of his normal sales and heading into winter months knowing his revenue stream is about to drop even further even without the impending second lockdown? There was no support from state/local government. The only thing the governor and AG did was sent compliance inspectors to his restaurant three times with the threat of $20,000+ fines, but he passed each time.

At some point we have to accept, this is what democrats want. Its not a flaw.

from the comments of his supporters;

This post was edited by Goomshill on Aug 3 2020 11:17am
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 3 2020 11:28am
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 3 2020 12:15pm)
Well, shit. I've been following and supporting a local restaurant that's basically been my bellwether for how local businesses are coping with the coronavirus. They're in a small town, deeply skeptical of the state mandates and opposed to the governor's orders, but been bending over backwards to comply with them and follow the letter of the law while the community has had to organized multiple drives and big nights out with generous tips in an attempt to keep them afloat. When the lock-down only let them sell food off-site and to people in vehicles, they had drive-in concerts from musicians supporting them, they had some decent names and called in to radio shows and appeared at protests. When a limited reopening was allowed, they had to pay for numerous hand sanitizing stations, complied with distancing and mask rules, had to buy all kinds of new equipment and seating. In the end, this is how long they could make it before it simply became financially impossible.

How can a business owner be expected to continue to support payroll on PPP that expires, pay for liquor licenses, electric, gas, water and a mortgage while supplier rates rise and become unavailable, while only getting a fraction of his normal sales and heading into winter months knowing his revenue stream is about to drop even further even without the impending second lockdown? There was no support from state/local government. The only thing the governor and AG did was sent compliance inspectors to his restaurant three times with the threat of $20,000+ fines, but he passed each time.

https://i.imgur.com/077OYQ4.png

At some point we have to accept, this is what democrats want. Its not a flaw.

from the comments of his supporters;

https://i.imgur.com/kOaEjEZ.png

the dine in restaurant model is dead, and still will be if a vaccine is released. restaurants need to move down to smaller locations focused on take out with patio seating, or buy a food truck.

fines, no fines, masks, no masks, etc. doesnt matter, the business will never come back for most places to be able to sustain if they have a moderate to large dining area and lots of staff.

pop a tent up for friday night fish fry and downsize. RIP salad bars, aka my favorite thing ever. sad!
Aug 3 2020 11:36am
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 3 2020 12:28pm)
the dine in restaurant model is dead, and still will be if a vaccine is released. restaurants need to move down to smaller locations focused on take out with patio seating, or buy a food truck.

fines, no fines, masks, no masks, etc. doesnt matter, the business will never come back for most places to be able to sustain if they have a moderate to large dining area and lots of staff.

pop a tent up for friday night fish fry and downsize. RIP salad bars, aka my favorite thing ever. sad!

Food trucks out in lake country? We've got areas of the state with basically no coronavirus cases at all, but while rural businesses are dropping like flies, the allowances in the state orders allow for urban restaurants to make it by with their patios, food trucks, doordash and take-out. Pretty sure that a single infected uber eats driver in the cities will spread more cases of coronavirus than 100 rural restaurants offering dine-in service.

This is all the cost of the coronavirus response, not the virus itself. They had a relatively healthy business before the shutdown and had waiting lines and outdoor seating because they hit the reduced capacity every night, people wanted to go to the bar and spend their money. But all the costs got put onto the small business owners in the end. It wasn't the state government footing the bill, and the feds money was like a splash of water on their forehead as they died of thirst. The state kept passing more and more regulations and laid them all at the feet of business owners, even to the point of mandatory logging for contact tracers. The burden of this epidemic was never spread out, it wasn't mitigated by drawing upon other sectors to prop up the vulnerable ones.
Gold: 17,384.69
Aug 3 2020 11:36am
Quote (bogie160 @ 3 Aug 2020 16:35)
>healthy

Pick one.

It's a good indicator: not everyone is monitored so you will have alot more data from those who had at least 1 pathology.
Try to think twice.
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 3 2020 12:02pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Aug 3 2020 12:36pm)
Food trucks out in lake country? We've got areas of the state with basically no coronavirus cases at all, but while rural businesses are dropping like flies, the allowances in the state orders allow for urban restaurants to make it by with their patios, food trucks, doordash and take-out. Pretty sure that a single infected uber eats driver in the cities will spread more cases of coronavirus than 100 rural restaurants offering dine-in service.

This is all the cost of the coronavirus response, not the virus itself. They had a relatively healthy business before the shutdown and had waiting lines and outdoor seating because they hit the reduced capacity every night, people wanted to go to the bar and spend their money. But all the costs got put onto the small business owners in the end. It wasn't the state government footing the bill, and the feds money was like a splash of water on their forehead as they died of thirst. The state kept passing more and more regulations and laid them all at the feet of business owners, even to the point of mandatory logging for contact tracers. The burden of this epidemic was never spread out, it wasn't mitigated by drawing upon other sectors to prop up the vulnerable ones.

are local police enforcing order in that area? or is this more of a state inspector driven thing?

north WI just had sherrifs decline to follow up on the state laws, and with 1-3 cases per county it seemed like the right course. but now cases are exploding due to vacationers. still low numbers overall, but big percentage shifts.

i'd guess if they allowed for dead zones people would just flock there and cases would blow up, then the restaurant would close anyways. it's shift to take out as a model or die, short term "we havent went to the bar so lets go" booms wont carry anyone in the long term. sit down restaurants will be the new drive in theater, which are ironically going well.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Aug 3 2020 12:02pm
Aug 3 2020 12:11pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Aug 3 2020 01:02pm)
are local police enforcing order in that area? or is this more of a state inspector driven thing?

north WI just had sherrifs decline to follow up on the state laws, and with 1-3 cases per county it seemed like the right course. but now cases are exploding due to vacationers. still low numbers overall, but big percentage shifts.

i'd guess if they allowed for dead zones people would just flock there and cases would blow up, then the restaurant would close anyways. it's shift to take out as a model or die, short term "we havent went to the bar so lets go" booms wont carry anyone in the long term. sit down restaurants will be the new drive in theater, which are ironically going well.

I had to double check, he said it was MDH inspectors.

Anyway these are metrocentric models brought by a government that considers anything north of brooklyn park to be "rocks and cows". There was never any delegation to local authorities, no attempts to tailor regulations to the differing counties. It was a one-size-fits-all that benefited downtown businesses and absolutely screwed anything out in the boonies. They'll send out state regulators to threaten exorbitant fines to a business that has no other commercial buildings within a 10 mile radius, but they'll give a free pass to a crowd of 20,000 people packed like sardines shoulder to shoulder into a protest that nearly ends in hundreds of people dead from violating traffic laws, let alone the covid-19 spread.
Gold: 260.11
Aug 3 2020 12:11pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Aug 3 2020 09:35am)
>healthy

Pick one.

If your bar for "healthy" is that high then I'd say there's only like 10% "healthy" adults in the U.S., and by no fault of their own (hypertension is largely genetic)

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Aug 3 2020 12:12pm
Gold: 12,095.00
Aug 3 2020 12:49pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Aug 3 2020 02:11pm)
If your bar for "healthy" is that high then I'd say there's only like 10% "healthy" adults in the U.S., and by no fault of their own (hypertension is largely genetic)

A person who has hypertension at 30 is probably obese and eats like shit.

10% is too low but it’s safe to say that more than half of America is unhealthy.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1610611612613614910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll