d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1602603604605606910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,569.69
Jul 24 2020 10:22am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 24 2020 08:39am)
enough is an opinion.

we should do away with it, enough is enough.

I disagree when you need to prove you are negative x2 to return to work.
When you need a test to travel
When you need a test to be able to go to work as L&I requires us to screen all people coming on to job sites. If they say they have symptoms of the virus they most either self quarantine 14 days or 72 hours past the last symptom.
They get temp checked upon entering etc.
Or get a negative test.

I don't feel well I cannot come to work.
Ok go get a test.
I cant get one because I don't have a fever
Then stay home 14 days or 72 past last symptom.. yes including a cough

This post was edited by theCrossbones on Jul 24 2020 10:24am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 24 2020 10:30am
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jul 24 2020 11:22am)
I disagree when you need to prove you are negative x2 to return to work.
When you need a test to travel
When you need a test to be able to go to work as L&I requires us to screen all people coming on to job sites. If they say they have symptoms of the virus they most either self quarantine 14 days or 72 hours past the last symptom.
They get temp checked upon entering etc.
Or get a negative test.

I don't feel well I cannot come to work.
Ok go get a test.
I cant get one because I don't have a fever
Then stay home 14 days or 72 past last symptom.. yes including a cough

you're mistaking the cause.

limiting tests isn't because tests are limited, strictly. it's because if you're asymptomatic a swab test may not come back positive even if you are positive. if you have no mucus to swab then the test could come back negative, in to work you go, and infect others.

now im not saying tests are abundant and that we dont need to improve testing, im saying that even if we did have ample or excess tests asymptomatic people would likely be directed not to get tested.

i was on a 14 day quarantine, and was told if i tested negative it wouldnt change my quarantine date. and that as i understand it is why. this will continue until we have abundant, near instant blood testing, imo.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 24 2020 10:31am
Gold: 14,569.69
Jul 24 2020 10:46am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 24 2020 09:30am)
you're mistaking the cause.

limiting tests isn't because tests are limited, strictly. it's because if you're asymptomatic a swab test may not come back positive even if you are positive. if you have no mucus to swab then the test could come back negative, in to work you go, and infect others.

now im not saying tests are abundant and that we dont need to improve testing, im saying that even if we did have ample or excess tests asymptomatic people would likely be directed not to get tested.

i was on a 14 day quarantine, and was told if i tested negative it wouldnt change my quarantine date. and that as i understand it is why. this will continue until we have abundant, near instant blood testing, imo.

agreed. but in WA the test are not available enough still.
I think the idea of testing/catching the asymptomatic people is unicorn hunting and not worth the effort % wise.
I just know the test availability is kicking my companies ass in its ability to follow guidelines and get people tested quick enough so they can get TO work or back to work in a reasonable time.
We have 32 jobsites.. average of 100-300 people per spot. Couple sick people throw this into algebra.
Jul 24 2020 11:02am
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jul 24 2020 11:46am)
agreed. but in WA the test are not available enough still.
I think the idea of testing/catching the asymptomatic people is unicorn hunting and not worth the effort % wise.
I just know the test availability is kicking my companies ass in its ability to follow guidelines and get people tested quick enough so they can get TO work or back to work in a reasonable time.
We have 32 jobsites.. average of 100-300 people per spot. Couple sick people throw this into algebra.

Same thing here in WI where we have "enough tests".

offsite visits, installs, service runs, etc all fuck us. dude leaves the building then we have to quarantine at least 3 days, separate them when they get back, etc.

shit sucks for sure to try and coordinate.
Jul 24 2020 01:25pm
Song randomly came up on my shuffle, pretty eerie lyrics in 2020 tbh

Gold: 4,921.71
Jul 24 2020 01:53pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jul 24 2020 10:21am)
Florida is not doing “exponentially” more testing , the majority of states in the country now hVe adequate systems in place for rapid outpatient testing and screening. I can’t speak for every obviously, but I can speak for IA, WI, IL, and MI. It’s basically at the point where everyone who wants a test can get one.

If they are testing more, It’s gonna be fractionally more

These are blanket statements sounds a lot like we do enough testing.
Its not true.

I’ll reiterate:

In a lot of the states in the mid west if you’re an individual that WANTS to get tested, you will be able to. This does not mean we are testing everyone that SHOULD be tested but the mechanism is in place to test rapidly outpatient.

I can’t speak for WA of FL but given FL is still fairly close to the National mean - I don’t think the recent surge of testing is due to “surplus level of testing” which is being parroted. they are breaking daily records in new cases while still slightly below the national mean in terms of volume of testing

This post was edited by Bazi on Jul 24 2020 01:54pm
Jul 24 2020 01:55pm
Quote (Bazi @ Jul 24 2020 02:53pm)
I’ll reiterate:

In a lot of the states in the mid west if you’re an individual that WANTS to get tested, you will be able to. This does not mean we are testing everyone that SHOULD be tested but the mechanism is in place to test rapidly outpatient.

I can’t speak for WA of FL but given FL is still fairly close to the National mean - I don’t think the recent surge of testing is due to “surplus level of testing” , they are breaking daily records in new cases while still slightly below the national mean in terms of volume of testing

not to mention like i said testing and quarantine dates aren't exactly aligned. u can get tested and you'll still be in quarantine for 14 days, at least that was how WI was handling it.
Gold: 4,921.71
Jul 24 2020 02:24pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 24 2020 02:55pm)
not to mention like i said testing and quarantine dates aren't exactly aligned. u can get tested and you'll still be in quarantine for 14 days, at least that was how WI was handling it.

100%^
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 24 2020 04:11pm
Look at this site to get some good data on testing from the Johns Hopkins University:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/usa
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/florida

For the US as a whole, there is barely enough testing if we look at the positive rate of 10%, but in some states like Florida, the positive rate stands at 18%, which is far too high and, according to WHO and CDC guidelines, indicates that FL is not testing enough (relative to the true infection volume they're dealing with).

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 24 2020 04:12pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 24 2020 04:28pm
Sounds like even Trump had to react to this:

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1602603604605606910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll