d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1601602603604605910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100,701.50
Jul 23 2020 03:06am
Quote (fender @ Jul 23 2020 10:59am)

thewindcrieddeath one of fenderp's multis

you're getting more creative with names certainly more elaborate than budgeting.

SMH

Gold: 14,569.69
Jul 24 2020 08:19am
Quote (Bazi @ Jul 20 2020 03:32pm)
Florida is not doing “exponentially” more testing , the majority of states in the country now hVe adequate systems in place for rapid outpatient testing and screening. I can’t speak for every obviously, but I can speak for IA, WI, IL, and MI. It’s basically at the point where everyone who wants a test can get one.

If they are testing more, It’s gonna be fractionally more

this is NOT true.. We have to trace and contract (by phone not Bill Gates mark of the beast implant) everyone on our job sites.
the two time frames are 5-7 days
or 2-3. and they don't test you unless you have symptoms or a fever. And this is in communist WA.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 24 2020 08:30am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 20 2020 11:39pm)
Density would account for a higher positive count not a higher death %

In another month when Florida cases flatline we’ll get a better comparison.

And the whole point of highlighting Florida and their perceived mishandling of the virus is a limp wristed attempt at portraying a southern red state doing a shitty job with the virus. It’s about the 347th attempt since the virus started to politicize this pandemic.

!remindme, 1 month
Gold: 285.00
Jul 24 2020 08:44am
Covid now leading cause of death in America. Definitely American Virus now....we're appropriating this like everything else in culture lol.

Quote (inkanddagger @ Jul 22 2020 08:17pm)
It's funny because in reality the person on the right would be the disgusting Republican Walmart trash screaming at the attractive liberal person on the left wearing a mask.

Why is that fox viewer botherimg OAC?

Its enough that a GOP congresan yelled at her and called her a disgusting bitch for linking crime to the struggling economy. And she is right, crime is escalating because the economy is in the shitter and we have no strong leadership.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 24 2020 08:48am
Jul 24 2020 08:51am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 24 2020 09:44am)
Covid now leading cause of death in America. Definitely American Virus now....we're appropriating this like everything else in culture lol.

Why is that fox viewer botherimg OAC?

Its enough that a GOP congresan yelled at her and called her a disgusting bitch for linking crime to the struggling economy. And she is right, crime is escalating because the economy is in the shitter and we have no strong leadership.

"economy = bad" & "its because people dont respect police due to democratic mayors" is a false binary.

the hurting economy is a reason crime is on the rise, general unrest, police reluctance to do their job in this climate, and mayoral stand down orders all play roles in the rise of crime.

also a rise in crime should be differentiated between property damage from protests, property theft due to bad economy, and gang violence shootings. the economy doesnt have much to do with drive bys, if anything.
Gold: 285.00
Jul 24 2020 08:59am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 24 2020 10:51am)
"economy = bad" & "its because people dont respect police due to democratic mayors" is a false binary.

the hurting economy is a reason crime is on the rise, general unrest, police reluctance to do their job in this climate, and mayoral stand down orders all play roles in the rise of crime.

also a rise in crime should be differentiated between property damage from protests, property theft due to bad economy, and gang violence shootings. the economy doesnt have much to do with drive bys, if anything.

Crime and GDP are linked. Her being called a disgusting bitch at work by a coworker for stating a very basic fact is pretty shitty. Other democrats state this but they are white men so they aren't accosted and called a disgusting bitch in the work place by a coworker.

Markets are failing buddy. Meat sucks in a lot of stores. Shit tickets aren't common. Bleach is a pain to get. Whenever markets fail crime and black markets fill that gap. People don't rob people when they have money and are eating. People act like the stock market reflects some reality but there has never been a bigger divergence between financial markets and economic markets than now.

The alternative truth that makes AOC a disgusting bitch is that crime is a result of moral failure, and that morals tend to fail with markets coincidentally.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 24 2020 09:00am
Jul 24 2020 09:07am
Quote (Skinned @ Jul 24 2020 09:59am)
Crime and GDP are linked. Her being called a disgusting bitch at work by a coworker for stating a very basic fact is pretty shitty. Other democrats state this but they are white men so they aren't accosted and called a disgusting bitch in the work place by a coworker.

Markets are failing buddy. Meat sucks in a lot of stores. Shit tickets aren't common. Bleach is a pain to get. Whenever markets fail crime and black markets fill that gap. People don't rob people when they have money and are eating. People act like the stock market reflects some reality but there has never been a bigger divergence between financial markets and economic markets than now.

The alternative truth that makes AOC a disgusting bitch is that crime is a result of moral failure, and that morals tend to fail with markets coincidentally.

i dont really understand how someone could disagree with what i said. so maybe you aren't buuuuuuuuut.

ghettos have been economic deadzones for almost a century, but still only a small percent of citizens are criminals. somehow when the market falls it's "well its not moral failure, even tho only a small percent are stealing of those who are starving, it's the economy."

like, yeah, its partially the economy. "linked" doesnt mean anything, that's correlation, not causation. crime is linked to all sorts of things.

in the ghetto when everyone is starving those who start robbing are still generally the immoral ones. for every mom stealing a loaf of bread to feed her kids there's 5 stealing liquor, cigs, shoes, tvs, etc. a rise in crime doesn't come strictly, or even mostly, from moral actors with no choice.

My man said life aint easy, when niggas gotta eat thas when shit get greasy.
Gold: 4,921.71
Jul 24 2020 09:10am
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jul 24 2020 09:19am)
this is NOT true.. We have to trace and contract (by phone not Bill Gates mark of the beast implant) everyone on our job sites.
the two time frames are 5-7 days
or 2-3. and they don't test you unless you have symptoms or a fever. And this is in communist WA.

The national average of tests per 1 million people is about 156k.

You are correct WA is below the national average at 115k. I don’t recall making any claims about WA. Perhaps you can quote me where I did

The state in question (Fl) is at 152k (fractionally LESS than the national average in actuality)

:bonk:

To give context NY who has the most cases in the country still (several tens of thousands more than Fl who will break their record by early next week) also has the most tests run at 275k per million. CA is at #2 with most cases in the country and has approx 175k tests run per million

This post was edited by Bazi on Jul 24 2020 09:10am
Gold: 14,569.69
Jul 24 2020 09:21am
Quote (Bazi @ Jul 24 2020 08:10am)
The national average of tests per 1 million people is about 156k.
You are correct WA is below the national average at 115k. I don’t recall making any claims about WA. Perhaps you can quote me where I did
The state in question (Fl) is at 152k (fractionally LESS than the national average in actuality) :bonk:
To give context NY who has the most cases in the country still (several tens of thousands more than Fl who will break their record by early next week) also has the most tests run at 275k per million. CA is at #2 with most cases in the country and has approx 175k tests run per million

Florida is not doing “exponentially” more testing , the majority of states in the country now hVe adequate systems in place for rapid outpatient testing and screening. I can’t speak for every obviously, but I can speak for IA, WI, IL, and MI. It’s basically at the point where everyone who wants a test can get one.

These are blanket statements sounds a lot like we do enough testing.
Its not true.

Jul 24 2020 09:39am
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jul 24 2020 10:21am)

These are blanket statements sounds a lot like we do enough testing.
Its not true.

enough is an opinion.

we should do away with it, enough is enough.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1601602603604605910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll