d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Censorship Thread
Prev15960616263124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.33
Mar 4 2019 04:38pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 4 2019 11:25pm)
one counterexample doesnt disprove a mountain of evidence for their liberal bias. probably she just crossed a line with her anti-semitism, to the point where twitter couldnt look the other way any more.

you sound like one of those folks who say "I cannot possibly be a racist because I have one black friend!"

Does this cross a line and warrant suspension? I don't think it does, and I'm one of the critics.

Gold: 4,404.67
Mar 4 2019 04:51pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 4 Mar 2019 23:27)
you mean like exactly what happened with the right wing provocateurs held accountable for their actions?

there are countless examples where transgressions of a similar degree were treated harsher when they came from the right than when they came from the left. twitter's double standards in ambiguous cases are the issue, not the fact that they take action against clear-cut violations of their terms of use.

Quote (dro94 @ 4 Mar 2019 23:38)
Does this cross a line and warrant suspension? I don't think it does, and I'm one of the critics.

https://imgur.com/dWAnZ4R.jpg

no idea, and I highly doubt that this tweet was what got her banned.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 4 2019 04:53pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Mar 6 2019 06:24am

Tim was scatterbrained and full of feelings and assumptions and hearsay (very very very weak on facts and evidence)

long winded rants about memes and what his friends told him and what he heard on twitter while admitting all along he doesn't remember all the details and he could be wrong about the facts of hearsay cases

Complete fail by Tim imo and well done by Jack and Vijaya

Now what is interesting is how unprincipled the maga/left hating libertarians are that follow Tim's confirmation bias content (which is why only conservatives here post this "leftists" content including Helical who posts it the most out of anyone)

The top conservative comments are full of "TIM OWNED TWITTER ANNIHILATED DESTROYED" blah blah typical internet nerd emotional reaction to a conversation

but he didn't not at all, it shows they are all about the memes, all about the feelings, all about assumptions, not about facts. Not about evidence, all feelings about perceived unfairness like a bunch of angry children

Twitter heads seem very open to criticism and improvement and accountability. Things they aren't required to repeatedly offer to the public, yet have.

Jack and Vijaya provided detailed reasons for many of the more publicly known cases and all were well within reason for holiding an account and person accountable for multiple violations of TOS

They also explained why some other accounts were not banned, also well within reason

Good on Joe and Jack for feeding these political hyenas another meal they didn't deserve, they can pretend their scatterbrained warrior defeated the liberal giant and everyone outside of the maga/left hating libertarian circles can objectively see what's really going on here

This post was edited by Beowulf on Mar 6 2019 06:31am
Gold: 11,407.33
Mar 6 2019 08:25pm
Imagine being on the side of the corporate robot and thinking tim didnt have facts on his side. yikes.

just another instance of your 'everyone who criticizes the far left is a MAGA shill sellout' shtick. sad.

He logically proved they have a biased agenda and biased outcomes. Her response was "thanks for your feedback"
Everyone honest and paying attention knows they are leftists.

Tim being honest and forthright enough to say he isn't 100% sure of all the facts of some of the cases that are brought up is a good thing.
Thats called integrity.

There are countless instances of conservatives and right-leaning figures being banned and silenced while left-wing figures get a warning for death threats and calls to dox children, but you want to sit in your bubble and pretend its all unsubstantiated.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Mar 6 2019 08:26pm
Mar 6 2019 09:00pm
Tim's points were valid, yes. But Beo is right in that he came across as scatterbrained, just like he has in a lot of his recent videos.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 10 2019 01:28pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Mar 10 2019 01:38pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Mar 6 2019 07:25pm)
Imagine being on the side of the corporate robot and thinking tim didnt have facts on his side. yikes.

just another instance of your 'everyone who criticizes the far left is a MAGA shill sellout' shtick. sad.

He logically proved they have a biased agenda and biased outcomes. Her response was "thanks for your feedback"
Everyone honest and paying attention knows they are leftists.

Tim being honest and forthright enough to say he isn't 100% sure of all the facts of some of the cases that are brought up is a good thing.
Thats called integrity.

There are countless instances of conservatives and right-leaning figures being banned and silenced while left-wing figures get a warning for death threats and calls to dox children, but you want to sit in your bubble and pretend its all unsubstantiated.

He was gifted the opportunity to be there. It was a huge deal for Joe to allow him that platform during that time with Jack

It wasn't integrity in that video it was a poorly prepared opportunist that sells confirmation bias to people like you

He was all over the place and rambling and ranting about shit no different than what Helical posts on the daily. No specifics and no details all hearsay assumptions and random incidents that he could have very well made up

He came across as a child ranting often and the adults trying to be polite and let him finish his points but rarely did he ever coherently make a point

How many times does he say things like "I guess what I'm trying to say" "I guess the point I am trying to make" during 10 minute rants where he actually isn't making points he is rambling and ranting? All throughout the 3 hours

His incompetence doesn't do your side any favors no matter how many lame "Tim owned twitter" headlines and compilations are made by and for his fan base of conservatives and anti lefters (as he pretends to be a principled liberal)
Gold: 0.00
Mar 10 2019 02:40pm
I mean lefties get banned from twitter and facebook too... Not as often admittedly. But then they are overall less likely to be bigoted morons so that makes sense.

What I get fucked off about is the right-wing utube rabbit hole. You watch one liberal/leftie video mentioning Jordan Peterson for example and then your whole feed is clogged up with his lectures and interviews. Youtube pushes people to the right.
Mar 10 2019 02:50pm
Quote (TransTankie @ 10 Mar 2019 21:40)
I mean lefties get banned from twitter and facebook too... Not as often admittedly. But then they are overall less likely to be bigoted morons so that makes sense.

What I get fucked off about is the right-wing utube rabbit hole. You watch one liberal/leftie video mentioning Jordan Peterson for example and then your whole feed is clogged up with his lectures and interviews. Youtube pushes people to the right.

the algorithms behind youtube's suggestions, facebook news feeds and so on reinforce existing polarization and push people to the edges.
Gold: 388.33
Mar 10 2019 03:06pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Mar 10 2019 01:40pm)

yes but not exclusively
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15960616263124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll