d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > "why Has America Made China Its Enemy"
Prev15678926Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 14 2022 01:39pm
Quote (Ghot @ Dec 14 2022 06:42pm)
Yeah... OK Well just take your word for that. :/
We'll just ignore what those countries are... "saying".

If you have a counter position, show us the evidence. you dont win an argument by say "Yeah... OK Well just take your word for that. :/" you can research it and provide an alternate view. we can only agree or disagree with it.

Quote (Ghot @ Dec 14 2022 06:51pm)
We probably will... if they don't get their acts together.
The WTO arbitrarily decided (with some question to the validity of that decision), that the US couldn't apply steel/aluminum tariffs.

The US has been getting the short end of a lot of sticks, all around the world. Trump came along and said, hey... that's BS. And he was right.
It seems the "new world order" is that everyone BUT the US is allowed to be concerned about their own economic health.

Well, I wouldn't have fallen for that even as a youngster.

Any country in the world is free to "do their own thing"... we're not actively trying to stop anyone.
If a bunch of countries around the world... want to wallow in a new world order that will bleed them dry... that's fine by us.
But don't expect the US to walk down that primrose path. LOL

There is too much in these comments for me to directly try to respond to, apologies. but thank you for posting, can always circle back to elements of this.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 14 2022 01:42pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 14 2022 01:47pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Dec 14 2022 07:43pm)

For those of you that dont click on links, it recently came to light widespread in main stream media that China was operating "police" stations around the globe, and that these offices had been used to intimidate Chinese dissidents and criminal suspects abroad into returning to China, causing increased scrutiny and investigations of the stations by the governments of host countries. (i copied a bit from the link).

not sure of the relevance. we all know (or should know) that the chinese government is very controlling of those it deems a problem. This is a snapshot of Chinese policy, but is not a snapshot of why the US and China are in conflict.

This post was edited by ferdia on Dec 14 2022 01:48pm
Gold: 46,068.00
Dec 14 2022 01:48pm

you know there is a simple trick, might sound too simple but quite effective if the United States want to regain a fair among of dominance?

Start signing more FTAs with those countries you want to be on your side.

:lol:
Dec 14 2022 01:49pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Dec 14 2022 07:48pm)
^Ferdia

you know there is a simple trick, might sound too simple but quite effective if the United States want to regain a fair among of dominance?

Start signing more FTAs with those countries you want to be on your side.

:lol:

feel free to expand on the comment, really looking for people to spell out their positions / comments.
Gold: 46,068.00
Dec 14 2022 01:58pm
Quote (ferdia @ 15 Dec 2022 03:49)
feel free to expand on the comment, really looking for people to spell out their positions / comments.

I believe Obama's Trans Pacific Partnership was created to counter Chinese influence to be specific.

If you loosen up trade restrictions between those countries and the US , more trade , more goods, improving livelihood of their population and allow them better social mobility and on top of it with the "security " and advanced military hardware that the US can provide at the moment.
Countries will start to take that option seriously. And perhaps not sway too closely to the Chinese.

Providing infrastructure needs, don't interfere too much with domestic issues of said partners.

But that will be an extremely difficult task.

The current countries that have FTAs with the United States
are

1. Israel
2. Singapore
3. Jordan
4. Australia
5. Chile
6. Bahrain
7. Central America
8. South Korea
9. Panama
10. Mexico / Canada ( NAFTA )
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 14 2022 02:02pm
because with USA its binary, FRIEND or ENEMY. simple. ( friend mean vassals ofc )
Dec 14 2022 02:04pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Dec 14 2022 07:58pm)
I believe Obama's Trans Pacific Partnership was created to counter Chinese influence to be specific.

If you loosen up trade restrictions between those countries and the US , more trade , more goods, improving livelihood of their population and allow them better social mobility and on top of it with the "security " and advanced military hardware that the US can provide at the moment.
Countries will start to take that option seriously. And perhaps not sway too closely to the Chinese.

Providing infrastructure needs, don't interfere too much with domestic issues of said partners.

But that will be an extremely difficult task.

The current countries that have FTAs with the United States
are

1. Israel
2. Singapore
3. Jordan
4. Australia
5. Chile
6. Bahrain
7. Central America
8. South Korea
9. Panama
10. Mexico / Canada ( NAFTA )

thanks for this.

Quote (Pisior @ Dec 14 2022 08:02pm)
because with USA its binary, FRIEND or ENEMY. simple. ( friend mean vassals ofc )

with tongue in cheek, i note you are a new poster to the topic so i wont disagree with you :)
Gold: 32,517.50
Dec 14 2022 02:08pm
Quote (ferdia @ Dec 14 2022 04:40pm)
Various headlines:

:: :: US bans new Huawei equipment sales over ‘unacceptable risk’ to national security :: ::
:: :: Surrounded: How the U.S. Is Encircling China with Military Bases :: ::
:: :: US blocks sales of some AI chips to China as tech crackdown intensifies :: ::
:: :: China puts the world at more risk than ever before :: ::
:: :: China and the US are locked in a cold war. We must win it. Here's how we will :: ::
:: :: China has rejected understanding with US on Taiwan, Blinken says :: ::

So the "Main Stream Media" (MSM) is outlining that the US and China are in a Cold War (this means they are at war but not shooting each other). My Question is: Why. What are the reasons why the US has made China its enemy, and, critically, where do you think it will all end.

Discuss.

Your post suggests that because the MSM is creating a narrative, that the US has made China its enemy?
I assume by the US, you mean the US government?

I would argue that while being intrinsically linked, China and US have been economic rivals for a long time. Therefore the US government has been acutely aware of the rise of China and also of its own decline, particularly in manufacturing.

In terms of the South China Sea and China's increasing presence there. It is inevitable that China and the US would become adverse to one and other. The US has guaranteed the safety of global shipping since WW2. China increasing its focus and presence in the SCS has an impact on that status quo.

There are numerous vectors worth mentioning in the China US relations. The realm of social media is one. The anecdotal but very literal "Trade War". Bans on providing China US chip technology. Chinas belt and road initiative and investment in developing countries infrastructure, and the effect that will have on the current status quo.

I'm not sure that I would say the US has made China its enemy.
However the Chinese communist party has made it very clear, they act in the benefit of Chinese people. They expect Chinese people around the world to act in the interest of the Chinese state.

The US government will also act in the interest of US citizens. That is manifesting itself in the MSM and in the previously mentioned vectors.

I think in a broader sense state actors like Putin are pushing towards a cold war style reality. One with an authoritarian bloc and a democratic bloc.
With the US moving more towards isolationism, it will be interesting how things might play out.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Dec 14 2022 02:10pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 14 2022 02:09pm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Green_Book_(Muammar_Gaddafi)

a great book.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678926Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll