d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Antifa Shootout In Portland, 1 Dead
Prev15678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 67,069.69
Trader: Trusted
Feb 22 2022 09:12am
Quote (sirthom @ 22 Feb 2022 10:10)
Because the only choices you get have been corrupted/controlled long before you heard of them.
If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it.

Hm.
I hate to bring this up but....
Explain trump with this reasoning then.
Gold: 4,962.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 22 2022 09:35am
Anyone betting FG on how long it'll take for the homeowner involved to become a victim of arson?

Setting over/under at one month to begin.
Gold: 35,785.13
Warn: 30%
Feb 22 2022 09:40am
Quote (CrackerSJ @ Feb 22 2022 09:12am)
Hm.
I hate to bring this up but....
Explain trump with this reasoning then.

They farmed social media.
Saw conservatives wanted on outsider.
So they gave you one.
One who said everything you wanted to hear to get elected.
"Lock her up" , the Mexico wall and more.
Yet did nothing important while there and what little he did do was changed back when Biden got there.

It isn't Republican vs Democrat or right vs left.
It is them vs you.
Gold: 67,069.69
Trader: Trusted
Feb 22 2022 10:20am
Quote (sirthom @ 22 Feb 2022 10:40)
So they gave you one.
Yet did nothing important while there and what little he did do was changed back when Biden got there.

It is them vs you.

Yeah. I agree with this.
Nothing I can really say.
You're right.
Gold: 2.51
Feb 22 2022 11:09am
Quote (sirthom @ Feb 22 2022 08:40am)
So they gave you one.

It is them vs you.

I liked his ego when he aimed it correctly. I was tired of being told how awful I am for my birth, gets old. Yknow there’s a nice montage of him pre-2000s talking a whoooole lotta sense maybe I can find it. I wanted a president who swears sometimes. Pretty solid bet that sentence is from the person and lot and not a speech. The right kind of swearing though. There’s forceful and there’s rage which are entirely different. There also a lot of truth to that. Takes both sides to pass all the laws and loopholes that dang, just keeps barely missing the public and keeps turning people with $200k salaries and “non-profits” (huff wheeze) miraculously into multi-millionaires. That is no accident. Happens on both sides.
Gold: 22,164.69
Feb 22 2022 07:49pm
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2022/02/portland-police-confirm-identity-of-alleged-gunman-in-normandale-park-shooting.html

So according to the criminal complaint after prosecutors finally released some credible accounts of what happened- presumably they have seen the GoPro footage: 43 year old Benjamin Smith lived at the residence, where antifa had gathered for their rally. He walked up to the antifa in the street and demanded they leave, angrily confronting them. They jeered and told him to go home. He threatened and said "make me", and got in the face of one of the antifa, who pushed him. He then drew his handgun and opened fire first, and an antifa returned fire with a rifle and shot him. He's facing nine charges, second degree murder, four attempted murder, four assault. Of the surviving antifa wounded, one is paralyzed and in critical condition, one was shot multiple times and hospitalized with no description of condition, two have been treated and released.

I'd say even before we get the footage, if we ever do, that's probably enough to go on to figure out what happened here. We have a guy who was already known as an aggressive psychopath, an actual far-right furry of all things, who had a history of threats and violence. He had a grudge against antifa, and when they showed up in his neighborhood and the two parties mutually escalated in a low level brawl, he jumped straight to blasting away with his 45 when they touched him. There are countless examples of antifa vs proudboy confrontations like this without the shootings (and a few with them). A hostile mob gets threatening, a guy confronts them, they heckle back and forth, they get in each other's faces, one initiates with a shove. Usually after that point its a brawl breaking out, or pepper spray attacks, or antifa trying to jump someone with batons/brass knuckles before running away like jackals. In this case, the resident took a single shove and went apeshit shooting everyone.

I imagine that if the GoPro footage exists, it should be a clear cut murder case. But if Antifa was truly dumb enough to destroy all the evidence, then nothing above is credible or proven and would just be the account of lying witnesses.
Gold: 12,030.00
Feb 22 2022 08:15pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 22 2022 08:49pm)
https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2022/02/portland-police-confirm-identity-of-alleged-gunman-in-normandale-park-shooting.html

So according to the criminal complaint after prosecutors finally released some credible accounts of what happened- presumably they have seen the GoPro footage: 43 year old Benjamin Smith lived at the residence, where antifa had gathered for their rally. He walked up to the antifa in the street and demanded they leave, angrily confronting them. They jeered and told him to go home. He threatened and said "make me", and got in the face of one of the antifa, who pushed him. He then drew his handgun and opened fire first, and an antifa returned fire with a rifle and shot him. He's facing nine charges, second degree murder, four attempted murder, four assault. Of the surviving antifa wounded, one is paralyzed and in critical condition, one was shot multiple times and hospitalized with no description of condition, two have been treated and released.

I'd say even before we get the footage, if we ever do, that's probably enough to go on to figure out what happened here. We have a guy who was already known as an aggressive psychopath, an actual far-right furry of all things, who had a history of threats and violence. He had a grudge against antifa, and when they showed up in his neighborhood and the two parties mutually escalated in a low level brawl, he jumped straight to blasting away with his 45 when they touched him. There are countless examples of antifa vs proudboy confrontations like this without the shootings (and a few with them). A hostile mob gets threatening, a guy confronts them, they heckle back and forth, they get in each other's faces, one initiates with a shove. Usually after that point its a brawl breaking out, or pepper spray attacks, or antifa trying to jump someone with batons/brass knuckles before running away like jackals. In this case, the resident took a single shove and went apeshit shooting everyone.

I imagine that if the GoPro footage exists, it should be a clear cut murder case. But if Antifa was truly dumb enough to destroy all the evidence, then nothing above is credible or proven and would just be the account of lying witnesses.

Larping and ganging up on random people is all fun and games until you get that one crazy fuck that will blast you for little to nothing
Gold: 22,164.69
Feb 22 2022 08:31pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Feb 22 2022 08:15pm)
Larping and ganging up on random people is all fun and games until you get that one crazy fuck that will blast you for little to nothing

I'm honestly surprised it doesn't happen more often. America is filled with psychos with hair triggers, countless stories of "I shot him because he looked at me funny". Hell, we've got a literal one of those a few days ago in MN;
He said he had gotten off a bus and ordered a Lyft. When he got into the vehicle, the driver was staring at him, so he shot him with a small caliber gun, according to the criminal charges.

When you've got a mob of violent thugs who vandalize, harass and threaten people so recklessly that they often attack each other out of paranoid accusations of being an infiltrator, well its surprising how few confrontations they've had with schizos. I remember there was one during the BLM "attack random motorists" where they got shot at by the guy with the jungle style pistol. I had to google it up when I was writing this just out of curiousity;
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/army-sergeant-indicted-murder-self-defense-blm-riot-police
Figures that when I looked up that case, it was a liberal DA accused of withholding exculpatory evidence from the grand jury and the trial on hold while its reviewed. What a surprise.

anyway yeah most Americans in major cities won't make eye contact with randos in the subway for fear they'll snap for no reason. I guess fat white antifa in portland live in a privileged echo chamber enough not to have the same risk awareness
Gold: 14,158.00
Feb 22 2022 08:32pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Feb 22 2022 06:49pm)

Well God damn.

Now that's an unfortunate turn of events. As much as I despise antifa, it's never a good thing when avoidable violence breaks out over nothing. A woman is dead, multiple people were shot and that man will spend life in prison if he recovers from his injuries. Furthermore, this will only serve to radicalize more Antifa types into getting even more violent, now that they've seen one of their own die infront of them. They will be even more twitchy with their trigger fingers.

Reminds me of the guy who was shot in the head in Denver when he peppersprayed some bodyguard.

Gold: 12,030.00
Feb 22 2022 08:52pm
Quote (chopstickz777 @ Feb 22 2022 09:32pm)
Well God damn.

Now that's an unfortunate turn of events. As much as I despise antifa, it's never a good thing when avoidable violence breaks out over nothing. A woman is dead, multiple people were shot and that man will spend life in prison if he recovers from his injuries. Furthermore, this will only serve to radicalize more Antifa types into getting even more violent, now that they've seen one of their own die infront of them. They will be even more twitchy with their trigger fingers.

Reminds me of the guy who was shot in the head in Denver when he peppersprayed some bodyguard.

I'm not really sure about this. It's possible, but most of these people are pretty cowardly, at least from the footage I've seen through the years. For the most part it seems like they don't really want to kill people but randomly assault/jump/vandalize when they have the numbers. Problem for them is the far right has a lot of vets/crazies that really no sane person should try to mess with. I think instinctually when you're outnumbered IMO it's much more intuitive to escalate force as a defensive mechanism because you know at equal force you will just get swarmed.

I kind of feel like this will happen more often if economic conditions deteriorate.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll