d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Andy Ngo
Prev15678972Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 1 2019 11:00am
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 1 2019 10:56am)
Grabbing at straws bro. You ofc could link a govt. website that says they were illegal policing.
I'm not idiotic enough to think that during that time, those measures weren't necessary. On top of all that, they were not mistreated really. They were just put in internment camps until after the war with Japan.

If you have a way to fight a full scalle war, and NOT worry about people from the same country you are fighting, being behind the lines so to speak... I'm sure the US govt. would be very happy to hear about it.

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/08/09/210138278/japanese-internment-redress

no, you're ofc right, the US govt wouldn't like....... idk..... ummmmm..... pay anyone put in the camps 20k$USD in 1988 to compensate them for the unfair treatment, seizure of land and property that was never returned, etc..... would they?

gosh that would be crazy. Ronald Reagan, Mr. Conservative Icon himself, totally couldnt have done that. right? that's nuts. Right?

sometimes you should just shut up and take a lesson on history from google, since you clearly cant take lessons from anyone in the sub.

or you could just watch the SCOTUS, for official rulings on this very topic:

https://time.com/5322290/trump-travel-ban-japanese-internment/
Gold: 475.46
Jul 1 2019 11:07am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 1 2019 09:13am)
so you're saying, based on how he looks, he was asking for it?

LMAO! More so based on who he is and what he does.
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 1 2019 11:12am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 1 2019 01:00pm)
https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2013/08/09/210138278/japanese-internment-redress

no, you're ofc right, the US govt wouldn't like....... idk..... ummmmm..... pay anyone put in the camps 20k$USD in 1988 to compensate them for the unfair treatment, seizure of land and property that was never returned, etc..... would they?

gosh that would be crazy. Ronald Reagan, Mr. Conservative Icon himself, totally couldnt have done that. right? that's nuts. Right?

sometimes you should just shut up and take a lesson on history from google, since you clearly cant take lessons from anyone in the sub.

or you could just watch the SCOTUS, for official rulings on this very topic:

https://time.com/5322290/trump-travel-ban-japanese-internment/

That all sounds good. But Roberts is the new swing vote...and if we got into a full scale war again...especially one where we were attacked for no reason...the same thing will happen... as it should.

/e

In 1995, liberal Justice Ginsburg wrote in a dissent that “a Korematsu-type classification … will never again survive scrutiny,” conservative Justice Antonin Scalia said in a speech that it was wrong but warned that it could happen again. “In times of war, the laws fall silent,” he said.

You need to understand that in THOSE days, we didn't have the FBI and CIA and NSA...knowing everything about everyone. We didn't have the tech for that.
In THOSE days, there really wasn't any other options. At least we didn't make them prisoners of war...like every other country did, at the time.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 1 2019 11:16am
Jul 1 2019 11:19am
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 1 2019 11:12am)
That all sounds good. But Roberts is the new swing vote...and if we got into a full scale war again...especially one where we were attacked for no reason...the same thing will happen... as it should.

/e

You need to understand that in THOSE days, we didn't have the FBI and CIA and NSA...knowing everything about everyone. We didn't have the tech for that.
In THOSE days, there really wasn't any other options. At least we didn't make them prisoners of war...like every other country did, at the time.

so in those days the govt bodies didnt exist, but now they do, and you advocate the same system. gotcha.
Jul 1 2019 11:27am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 1 2019 01:19pm)
so in those days the govt bodies didnt exist, but now they do, and you advocate the same system. gotcha.

No I don't. Your reasoning is fallacious. I clearly said... in those times, that was all we could do. Yes, those "bodies" existed (CIA etc.) however, they did NOT have the electronic capabilities that they have today.
Today, those agencies know absolutely everything about everyone. There's no... "guesswork" involved.

Those people were treated well, and not abused or tortured etc. Japan attacked us. What do you think happened in Japan to Americans (non combatants) right before Pearl Harbor?
Unfortunately, they are not alive to demand reparations.

I'm not sure if you're really as naive as you seem...or just trolling. Either way, you're NOT humorous.
Jul 1 2019 11:28am

/e

Quote (Ghot @ Jul 1 2019 11:27am)
No I don't. Your reasoning is fallacious. I clearly said... in those times, that was all we could do. Yes, those "bodies" existed (CIA etc.) however, they did NOT have the electronic capabilities that they have today.
Today, those agencies know absolutely everything about everyone. There's no... "guesswork" involved.

Those people were treated well, and not abused or tortured etc. Japan attacked us. What do you think happened in Japan to Americans (non combatants) right before Pearl Harbor?
Unfortunately, they are not alive to demand reparations.

I'm not sure if you're really as naive as you seem...or just trolling. Either way, you're NOT humorous.

Ghot argues Ghot
Jul 1 2019 11:34am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 1 2019 01:28pm)
Ghot argues Ghot

Are you actually confusing me and the US govt.?

IIIIIIII don't think it would be necessary. That has absolutely nothing to do with what the US Govt. thinks or will do... in a modern day full scale war.

I do know one thing...I wouldn't want to be one of these bleeding heart liberals with fat mouths...if we ever ARE in a full scale war again. They will probably disappear.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 1 2019 11:38am
Jul 1 2019 11:38am
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 1 2019 11:34am)

IIIIIIII don't think it would be necessary. That has absolutely nothing to do with what the US Govt. thinks or will do... in a modern day full scale war.

I do know one thing...I wouldn't want to be one of these bleeding heart liberals with fat mouthes...if we ever ARE in a full scale war again. They will probably disappear.

as it should.

as it should.

as it should.

oh?

incoming: what i said was not what i meant but it's your fault for not knowing that.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 1 2019 11:45am
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 1 2019 11:38am
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 1 2019 10:34am)

I do know one thing...I wouldn't want to be one of these bleeding heart liberals with fat mouthes...if we ever ARE in a full scale war again. They will probably disappear.

Where am I going
Jul 1 2019 11:45am
Quote (Beowulf @ Jul 1 2019 01:38pm)
Where am I going

Probably some offshore, undersea concrete cell for... ever. :)
Not because you're an Indian. :)

@Snipa Lemme guess....someone told you that you were witty and intelligent once, and you believed them?

Your reasoning is fallacious due to unknowable statistics. The next full scale war (if there is one) has facts surrounding it, that we have no way of knowing at this time. YET, you are making assumptions based on those unknowable facts.

How about an EMP (Saucy's favorite day dream). Wanna bet the US govt. doesn't toss every person who's not a bleeding heart patriot in the clink, until it's over?
Or maybe you think the US could fight a full scale war with 100's of 1000's of "unknowables" running around inside our borders? Now that would be a trick.

The naive never cease to amaze me. One day you may even accurately, amaze yourself. ^^

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 1 2019 11:47am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678972Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll