d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > What Religion Actually Does To People - Part One > Childhood Indoctrination Is Child Abuse
Prev15678941Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 22 2015 10:17am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jan 22 2015 08:17am)
...wow , what an original attack...insulting my children :blink:

its more an attack on you for breeding them
and lets not pretend like if you have kids theyre not probably already in their 40's, they can handle it

This post was edited by ChurchGirl69 on Jan 22 2015 10:18am
Gold: 9,039.20
Jan 22 2015 10:18am
Having children is considering a sin in gay culture.
Gold: 7,252.72
Jan 22 2015 10:20am
Quote (ChurchGirl69 @ Jan 22 2015 11:17am)
its more an attack on you for breeding them
and lets not pretend like if you have kids theyre not probably already in their 40's, they can handle it

...I'm detecting some serious envy here .
Jan 22 2015 10:22am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jan 22 2015 08:20am)
...I'm detecting some serious envy here .

definitely not, there's not a segment of the population i dislike more than children. but i guarantee you that if i wanted to breed some children my penis is perfectly capable of ejaculating into a vagina.
Jan 22 2015 10:24am
Quote (ChurchGirl69 @ Jan 22 2015 11:22am)
definitely not, there's not a segment of the population i dislike more than children. but i guarantee you that if i wanted to breed some children my penis is perfectly capable of ejaculating into a vagina.

...another wow...get some help please .
Jan 22 2015 10:25am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Jan 22 2015 08:24am)
...another wow...get some help please .

we get it, you love children, widow.

This post was edited by ChurchGirl69 on Jan 22 2015 10:25am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 22 2015 10:32am
Quote (ChurchGirl69 @ 22 Jan 2015 16:25)

:rofl:

But srsly stop now thanks :)

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 22 Jan 2015 16:10)
...stop already...your statement is based on an anecdote or two and your definition of " victimized and abused " is colored by your own personal agenda . If I teach my children that gay marriage is immoral you will scream abuse...I know how this game is played .

If you teach your children to reject opposing opinions and ideas, to act upon their presuppositions rather than the evidence, that they are inherently bad people (sinners) who need to be saved and damage their ability to think critically then yes. You are abusing your children.

I would hope that one of your kids is gay just to see you squirm... but that would be awful for them. Parents like you are why gay kids kill themselves rather than come out.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 22 2015 10:39am
Jan 22 2015 10:34am
Quote (ChurchGirl69 @ Jan 22 2015 11:25am)

...I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here and posit you have started estrogen therapy...I hope this under the supervision of a Doctor and not the usual back alley purloined birth control pill method ...either way , you seem to be emotionally unravelling and your dosage might be too high .
Gold: 0.00
Jan 22 2015 10:37am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ 22 Jan 2015 14:28)
Accurate and articulate, well said.
The second one should be a good read.

It's a shame how religion turns normal men into pathetic cowards, otherwise there would be a discussion related to this material in the thread.

@Church - don't reply pls. you've already wrecked him - no need to continue letting him derail the thread.

Quote (thesnipa @ 22 Jan 2015 14:28)
Once again you acknowledge that people have criticized you by stating things like "thats only a few overzealous religious hardliners" and yet you continue to make claims about religion that only overzealous religious hardliners prescribe to. No church or pastor ive ever encountered has made any of the claims you state. I see them on crazy videos of crzy sermons from crazy preachers. Yet you still claim that religious organizations cause harm inherently through common curriculum of all churches which is an overgeneralization, perhaps given global context it is not a gross overgeneralization but it is overstated none-the-less. It is not scientific to ignore unwanted data. If youre ever in Wisconsin i can take you to church some sunday and perhaps if you have an open mind you may change your view of religion as an absolute tyrannical moral police and instead as the institution that ive witnessed that is more concerned with making peoples lives better.

Careful what you wish for. I have family in Wisconsin.

I'm sure the intent, for a lot of people, is to do good things. I'm sure religion does in fact have a lot of positive aspects to it. I just think that the harm it does outweighs the good.

There is no good reason to believe in a god or gods. Why can't we have the nice things like community, love, respect etc... without the need for the threat of eternal damnation, the idea that morality is objective and unchanging and the promotion of ignorance? Owait we do - it's called being a decent person and it doesn't need a god.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 22 2015 10:47am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jan 22 2015 11:57am
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 22 2015 10:37am)
Careful what you wish for. I have family in Wisconsin.

I'm sure the intent, for a lot of people, is to do good things. I'm sure religion does in fact have a lot of positive aspects to it. I just think that the harm it does outweighs the good.

There is no good reason to believe in a god or gods. Why can't we have the nice things like community, love, respect etc... without the need for the threat of eternal damnation, the idea that morality is objective and unchanging and the promotion of ignorance? Owait we do - it's called being a decent person and it doesn't need a god.

Once again you project your perception (perhaps based on personal experience) of Christian teachings onto all Christians. Where does it say all Christians believe and are taught that sin is the direct path to eternal damnation without regards to extent? I dont know of any pastors that preach stealing a candy bar being equal to slaughtering 10 babies.

Your opinionated statement that there is no NEED for a god to be a good person is true, however its misleading. If someone were to state that being a good person and being religious are mutually exclusive they would be incorrect. So essentially your opinion that god is not needed is just that, an opinion. It does not offer any objective fact because it is entirely situational.

I have never felt the love or respect from my housing community that i have felt from my church community. Ill be the first to admit that a kind community atmosphere is attainable without religion but from my experience it isnt common. Ive also been to churches largely devoid of a community feel, again its entirely subjective.

My personal question is if there was a church that didnt preach against gays, didnt teach people shame for their sins, and didnt preach anything but love and self responsibility devoid of judgement by the church or fellow churchgoers would you be against it still based on the fact that the congregation cannot prove the existence of god scientifically? It seems to me you assert that religion is inherently damaging, however im here to tell you that such a church as i have described above does exist, i know this because i am there from 8:45-10:00 each sunday.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678941Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll