d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Olympics
Prev15678920Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.73
Jul 28 2024 10:12pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ 26 Jul 2024 20:22)
First one looks like Piche from Drag Race France! Very talented performer.

Second one appears to evoke Last Supper. To what extent it is blasphemous or problematic to invoke Last Supper in general, or if it's due to the drag elements of it, I'm not sure.

are you really not sure
Gold: 0.00
Jul 28 2024 10:58pm
Quote (Ryvulet @ Jul 28 2024 09:12pm)
are you really not sure

Yeah. I'm not privy to whether any depiction of Last Supper (akin to visual depictions of Muhammad within some Sunni Muslim beliefs), any distorted depictions (represented by any people who are not Jesus and company), or if it's the specific distortion with queer people that is blasphemous.
Gold: 4,945.00
Jul 29 2024 01:00am
Gold: 0.69
Jul 29 2024 04:54am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 26 2024 07:46pm)
Imagine if they had fat trans dudes dressed up as the prophet mohammed, what would the death toll be?

There would be a war right now.
Jul 29 2024 06:43am
Quote (Handcuffs @ 29 Jul 2024 00:58)
Yeah. I'm not privy to whether any depiction of Last Supper (akin to visual depictions of Muhammad within some Sunni Muslim beliefs), any distorted depictions (represented by any people who are not Jesus and company), or if it's the specific distortion with queer people that is blasphemous.

I'm not as knowledgeable as I used to be on such topics as I've long stopped looking into them, but I see multiple cultural references in that short, so I would argue its the second.
Gold: 292.37
Jul 29 2024 06:49am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Jul 29 2024 12:58am)

It comes across as very insulting. It's fair to say that we have thicker skin, if this had been a depiction of the prophet Mohammad the actors would be in hiding and Paris would be aflame.

The question that I have to ask is why? Why choose to mock a billion Christians at an event for which the sole overriding purpose is the celebration of human achievement and solidarity with fellow man? "When they show you who they are, believe them" indeed.
Jul 29 2024 06:54am
I like handcuff's mindset but one thing I noticed that he doesn't get, is that there are bad people everywhere, regardless of whether they are religious, left, right, etc. These are clearly bad apples.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 29 2024 10:35am
Quote (bogie160 @ Jul 29 2024 05:49am)
It comes across as very insulting. It's fair to say that we have thicker skin, if this had been a depiction of the prophet Mohammad the actors would be in hiding and Paris would be aflame.

The question that I have to ask is why? Why choose to mock a billion Christians at an event for which the sole overriding purpose is the celebration of human achievement and solidarity with fellow man? "When they show you who they are, believe them" indeed.

I think it was a poorly thought out idea, and I'm not sure why this idea was utilized either. I tend to also agree with the adage of not attributing to malice what otherwise could be explained by ignorance, and in this instance I assume this is also the case--at least, especially for the people featured (I can't speak to whomever actually came up with the idea itself). Most of the discourse I see online is a mixture of the same "But, why?" coupled with people arguing whether it depicts Last Supper or that it's as the director said it is: a homage to Feast of Dyonisus.

Quote (Ryvulet @ Jul 29 2024 05:54am)
I like handcuff's mindset but one thing I noticed that he doesn't get, is that there are bad people everywhere, regardless of whether they are religious, left, right, etc. These are clearly bad apples.

We all have different ways of looking at the world, that's for sure.
Gold: 7,398.00
Jul 29 2024 11:22am
Quote (Handcuffs @ Jul 29 2024 06:35pm)
I think it was a poorly thought out idea, and I'm not sure why this idea was utilized either. I tend to also agree with the adage of not attributing to malice what otherwise could be explained by ignorance, and in this instance I assume this is also the case--at least, especially for the people featured (I can't speak to whomever actually came up with the idea itself). Most of the discourse I see online is a mixture of the same "But, why?" coupled with people arguing whether it depicts Last Supper or that it's as the director said it is: a homage to Feast of Dyonisus.

We all have different ways of looking at the world, that's for sure.

Nope, there was no chance. It was a clear provocation. I am even more disturbed about the child among those groomers. You can see crown jewels of one of the they/them in the picture. There is no slight chance to overlook such an event. The Olympic committee deleted the video.

France, what a degenerate, commie country, fallen to the woke virus.

The "fallout" is going to be very expensive for the French tax payers:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/2024-paris-olympics-organizers-apologize-for-offensive-opening-ceremony-largest-sponsor-pulls-advertising-for-unacceptable-mockery/ar-BB1qPRg0
Good for them, you allow that shit, you deserve everything that is thrown at you.

This post was edited by babun1024 on Jul 29 2024 11:36am
Gold: 20,415.00
Jul 29 2024 11:47am
Lol no honest person can make the argument that it was supposed to be something other than the last supper. The last supper has 13 total characters, 12 followers and centrally located Jesus, just a coincidence that the tranny display also has 13 people in it with the central character having a halo/crown like thing to differentiate from the other 12? This is about as coincidental as the gay couple stumbling on the Christian baker while passing dozens of other bakeries on their way there.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jul 29 2024 11:49am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678920Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll