d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1596597598599600910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 17 2020 08:41pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 17 2020 07:33pm)
Honestly, I think that the CDC should assemble a unified framework/guideline, but that the ultimate decision about reopening and the toughness of the safety measures should be decided at the local level. The federal agencies and authorities should stay the fuck out of that decision.

Not a fan of Kemp/the state government trying to prevent Atlanta/a city from making masks mandatory either. At the end of the day, this pandemic is very local in nature, the situation on the ground can vary a ton from county to county. Mandating masks can make a ton of sense for Atlanta and be unnecessary for rural Georgia, and neither of these should make a decision for the other. Making these decisions on the most granular, local level possible also helps depoliticize the mask issue.

It signifies to me that we're unprepared of global pandemics across the board, and this simply can't be reduced to a right/left wing talking point or "Orange Man bad". The current CDC guidelines do, I think, take into consideration what you're saying about the uniqueness of different places. From a cursory reading of the guidelines, they seem to be separated into 3 categories based on level of community transmission. The higher the risk/community transmission, the more stringent and expansive the guidelines become.

It'll be interesting to see how the CDC continue to clarify these recommendations in the coming weeks, as they've delayed their update today. This, of course, on the backdrop of Trump making it so that Covid-19 reporting goes to the White House instead of the CDC now.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 17 2020 08:44pm
Quote (fender @ 18 Jul 2020 04:31)
i love how you double and triple down on how you simply didn't get the joke. maybe to not comment on the FACT that the science-denying deathcult is trying to withhold facts and numbers from the CDC and the public. i'd looove to hear your spin on how that also totally makes sense to you too.

does it really not bother you that you're doing propaganda for the laughing stock of the whole world here, fighting desperately to make your silly little excuses and rationalisations for what every halfway intelligent person can identify as completely failed, and concerningly authoritarian approach to a pandemic that has killed >140k people in america?

i guess you really bought into mcbimbo's 'don't let science get into the way of your feelings' motto. it should be the official slogan of the republican snowflake party really.

You're just desperately trying to redefine the context of the quote to fit your narrative.

McEnany was phrasing a valid point in clumsy fashion, and her quote was taken out of context to look bad. What I did for the last few pages is lay out this context. You, by contrast, keep harping on about something bad the Trump administration did recently which has nothing to do with that press conference. But keep writing your hateful little fanfics about deathcults, snowflakes and mcbimbos if it makes you happy...
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 17 2020 08:52pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 18 Jul 2020 04:44)
You're just desperately trying to redefine the context of the quote to fit your narrative.

McEnany was phrasing a valid point in clumsy fashion, and her quote was taken out of context to look bad. What I did for the last few pages is lay out this context. You, by contrast, keep harping on about something bad the Trump administration did recently which has nothing to do with that press conference. But keep writing your hateful little fanfics about deathcults, snowflakes and mcbimbos if it makes you happy...

'has nothing to do with that press conference'. ok, then... science AND reality denying at its best, typical trump cult...
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 17 2020 09:10pm

I wonder if the CDC considers TDS, a pandemic... yet?
Gold: 57.00
Jul 17 2020 09:47pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 17 Jul 2020 22:44)

nothing new there. heinrich fell for it like usual.

media should have to notate when they post partial quotes and piece together entire paragraphs like a jumbled puzzle if they desire certain legal protections ie: you can't sue them for tort when its irresponsible journalism
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 18 2020 06:50am
Trump should just say “Never reopen businesses or schools”

Then the Soros Zombie Democrats will open everything to spite him
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 18 2020 11:22am
Quote (EndlessSky @ 18 Jul 2020 14:50)
Trump should just say “Never reopen businesses or schools”

Then the Soros Zombie Democrats will open everything to spite him

You should join meetings to discuss about all that
Gold: 6.88
Jul 18 2020 04:26pm
Ottawa rejects plan to let Blue Jays play in Toronto during COVID-19 pandemic

i'm a fan of baseball but was the right call should not allow 1%er by pass some rules
Gold: 5.77
Jul 18 2020 04:42pm
Is it too much to ask to request all of the people who aren't in favor of masks, stay at home, etc to go to the nearest hospital, tongue fuck the asshole of someone with COVID, and get sick before you post about it again?
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 18 2020 04:48pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ 19 Jul 2020 00:42)
Is it too much to ask to request all of the people who aren't in favor of masks, stay at home, etc to go to the nearest hospital, tongue fuck the asshole of someone with COVID, and get sick before you post about it again?

There has to be a sensible middle ground imho. As long as infection rates remain high, masks should be mandatory in public transport, public office buildings or stores and supermarkets. But I really dont see a reason to mandate masks in outdoor settings where a minimum distance can be kept.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1596597598599600910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll