d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Picture Thread, Continued
Prev15859606162702Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 7 2022 02:06pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 7 2022 03:00pm)
In my haste to get out the door for lunch, I omitted the word "force" between NATO and European, which alters the comment significantly. It should have read "Did NATO force Eastern European states to join? I forget, Maxim."

And we all know the answer. Everyone who joined ASKED to do so. It's funny how no one wants to be under Russia's "influence."

I see you were incapable of seeing the first thing I wrote: that contexts matters, and then proceeded to generalize a rule to carry on this stupid point of yours.

I'd agree that that would have been the best time to keep one's word, but others would say simultaneously that it would have been the best time to be reserved.

Russia over hundreds of years through brutal imperialism then communism expanded into its own borders, Russia continues this practice in an arms race known as the cold war and loses because they grow potatoes and vodka, is forced to grant sovereignty to the many places it once held, those places as they see Russia rebound from the ashes of the Soviet Union ask NATO for protection, and Russia has the balls to call this western aggression.

like i realize its not a simple binary, but Putin is only convincing idiots that it is and that he's the white in that binary.

Quote (JessiWan @ Mar 7 2022 03:06pm)
I don't see why context matters.

perfect quote.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Mar 7 2022 02:07pm
Gold: 1,453.85
Warn: 10%
Mar 7 2022 02:06pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 7 2022 12:00pm)
I see you were incapable of seeing the first thing I wrote: that contexts matters, and then proceeded to generalize a rule to carry on this stupid point of yours.

I don't see why context matters. In fact I am not sure what point you are even trying to make now. You seem to be saying that, because things were like ___ and ___, plus it was not from the head of a state and it wasn't in writing, that means a promise, er, I mean, assurance, can be broken.

Look. Should "assurances" between nations be broken just because they are not from the head of a state and that they are not in writing. Yes or no.

This post was edited by JessiWan on Mar 7 2022 02:13pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 7 2022 02:17pm
Quote (Djunior @ 7 Mar 2022 19:50)
Russia is full of normal ordinary down to earth people.

You're mad they don't accept your "progressive" wokeism and indeed they'll never accept it ^_^

Violation of the spirit you said ? Dude when the Putin guy is invading a free world country saying they are nazis while their president is a jew, are you feeling a good spirit ?
When Russians use cluster bombs in civilian residency area, is the good spirit still with you ?
When it's forbidden to say a thing against war (that is btw not even a war, but "saving the ukrainian people from nazis") else you get up to 15 years in prison, how deep is the good spirit inside you ?

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Mar 7 2022 02:17pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 7 2022 02:18pm
Quote (JessiWan @ Mar 7 2022 02:06pm)
I don't see why context matters. In fact I am not sure what point you are even trying to make now. You seem to be saying that, because things were like ___ and ___, plus it was not from the head of a state and it wasn't in writing, that means a promise, er, I mean, assurance, can be broken.

Look. Can "assurances" between nations be broken just because they are not from the head of a state and that they are not in writing. Yes or no.

And herein lies the problem.
Mar 7 2022 02:22pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 7 2022 12:18pm)

Then you need to prove that my beef with what you said hinged on context. Hint: it didn't. The issue I had was in a general sense. It was not in any specific sense, in fact it doesn't even have to be related to international affairs at all.

Let me ask you this: what do you think is the difference between a promise and an "assurance"?
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 7 2022 02:45pm
Quote (fender @ Mar 7 2022 09:06pm)
competely irrelevant to this conversation. so is iran, so is north korea, so is china.

the russian government, however, is a murderous dictatorship. political opposition is arrested / killed. same for critical journalists. their press is strictly censored, elections are a farce, police and authorities corrupt af. and that's just normal old russia, recently the situation has gotten significantly worse: anti-war protesters are arrested and beaten indiscriminately, including kids. police is stopping civilians to check their mobile phones. the term "war" is not allowed, you're punished for using it. personal and economic freedoms are severely restrictes, and the internet is censored even worse.

people like you only make excuses for such regimes because you consider yourselves loyal brownshirts who'd thrive under such conditions. free and intelligent people don't want that though.

Conveniently "missed" the vid I just posted despite calling you out, lol. Various intelligent people have been speaking out against retarded Western policies that only lead to escalation.

But stooges like you are not smart enough to see the bigger picture anyway. Nuclear powers are here to stay and we somehow have to deal with them without going to war with them.

The smart way would be to not install our weapons and missile shields right on their border and as a matter of fact they'd be our trade partners and both sides win.

But no, woke assholes like you prefer your shit policies and even prefer WW3, seeing how you lot have been escalating things...
Gold: 281.64
Mar 7 2022 02:47pm
Quote (Santara @ 7 Mar 2022 12:18)

Damn JessiWan is not having a good day in general chat or PaRD. Just hang it up for a bit go take a walk....

This post was edited by Cascadian on Mar 7 2022 02:47pm
Mar 7 2022 02:55pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 7 2022 12:06pm)

perfect quote.

:thumbsup:
Gold: 2,504.69
Mar 7 2022 02:57pm
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 7 2022 03:45pm)
Conveniently "missed" the vid I just posted despite calling you out, lol. Various intelligent people have been speaking out against retarded Western policies that only lead to escalation.

But stooges like you are not smart enough to see the bigger picture anyway. Nuclear powers are here to stay and we somehow have to deal with them without going to war with them.

The smart way would be to not install our weapons and missile shields right on their border and as a matter of fact they'd be our trade partners and both sides win.

But no, woke assholes like you prefer your shit policies and even prefer WW3, seeing how you lot have been escalating things...

and of course Russia has done NOTHING to cause NATO to bolster its defenses on their border. and of course are just a great bunch of dudes that are just the victim in all of this.... pathetic.
Gold: 100,701.50
Mar 7 2022 03:16pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 7 2022 09:57pm)
and of course Russia has done NOTHING to cause NATO to bolster its defenses on their border. and of course are just a great bunch of dudes that are just the victim in all of this.... pathetic.

Back in 1962 it was the other way around but people like you are never going to admit that installing weapon systems on Russia's border warrants the same kind of response.

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 7 2022 09:17pm)
Violation of the spirit you said ? Dude when the Putin guy is invading a free world country saying they are nazis while their president is a jew, are you feeling a good spirit ?
When Russians use cluster bombs in civilian residency area, is the good spirit still with you ?
When it's forbidden to say a thing against war (that is btw not even a war, but "saving the ukrainian people from nazis") else you get up to 15 years in prison, how deep is the good spirit inside you ?

Curb your faux outrage about a Jewish president it has nothing to do with it. You should have watched the BBC documentaries I posted before, you would have seen with your own eyes what's going on in Ukraine.

btw I found Gorbachev on video speaking out against NATO expansion he's calling it a big mistake and literally says you cannot humiliate a people and think it has no consequences. I suggest you watch it ;)

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15859606162702Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll