d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1585960616279Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 186.16
Aug 29 2012 07:10am
Quote (Aisu_aS @ Aug 29 2012 12:21am)
What is there for me to be wrong about? Again I never brought god into any of my posts in this topic until Widow said something. :/

The point is that, At least your willing to explore both sides of the issue through discussion. That's a healthy thing.
Gold: 1,261.00
Aug 29 2012 09:37am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 28 2012 02:35pm)
The eyewitnesses were willing to DIE for their faith...

Oh yeah, that kind of conviction only happens in Christianity :rolleyes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_(religious_group)
Aug 29 2012 08:59pm
Quote (russian @ Aug 29 2012 03:37pm)
Oh yeah, that kind of conviction only happens in Christianity  :rolleyes:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavens_Gate_(religious_group)

Well, the difference is that some people would die for a lie that they BELIEVED to be true, but NO ONE would be willing to die for what they KNEW was a lie. The FACT is that had Jesus Christ NOT actually risen from the dead, 11 out of 12 of His Disciples wouldn't NOT have been willing to DIE for what they KNEW was a lie, yet they WERE willing to DIE. They saw Him after His resurrection after seeing Him beaten, hung on a cross, stabbed with a spear and die and after He told them that He would die and rise from the dead. They saw the nail prints in His hands and feet and the hole in His side. He ate food with them. They saw Him ascend up to heaven in front of hundreds of people. So, yes, this is different than any other Religion.
Gold: 722.53
Warn: 10%
Aug 29 2012 09:10pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 29 2012 08:59pm)
Well, the difference is that Christians would die for a lie that they BELIEVED to be true, but NO ATHEIST would be willing to die for what they KNEW was a lie.  The FACT is that had Jesus Christ NOT actually risen from the dead, 11 out of 12 of His Disciples wouldn't NOT have been willing to DIE for what they KNEW was a lie, yet they WERE willing to DIE.  They saw Him after His resurrection after seeing Him beaten, hung on a cross, stabbed with a spear and die and after He told them that He would die and rise from the dead.  They saw the nail prints in His hands and feet and the hole in His side.  He ate food with them.  They saw Him ascend up to heaven in front of hundreds of people.  So, yes, this is different than any other Religion.

FTFY
Aug 30 2012 06:19am
Quote (AEtheric @ Aug 30 2012 03:10am)
FTFY

Any atheist would die for Jesus Christ if they saw what the Disciples saw. Many of His Disciples didn't believe He was the Son of God until they saw Him risen from the dead. This includes His half brothers, James and probably Jude.

This post was edited by xfrodobagginsx on Aug 30 2012 06:20am
Gold: 285.00
Aug 30 2012 06:27am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 30 2012 07:19am)
Any atheist would die for Jesus Christ if they saw what the Disciples saw.  Many of His Disciples didn't believe He was the Son of God until they saw Him risen from the dead.  This includes His half brothers, James and probably Jude.

To be fair Lazarus rose from the dead and it wasn't a huge deal.
The widow's son by Elijah...A man whose body had been placed in Elisha's tomb....the ruler's daughter...I think Paul full rezzed somebody...

I'm pretty sure it is said that the dead in Jerusalem rose from their graves and wondered the streets at Jesus' moment of death...nobody really said much about it since...

Coming back from the dead was somewhat of a banality in those days....
Aug 30 2012 06:37am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 30 2012 12:27pm)
To be fair Lazarus rose from the dead and it wasn't a huge deal.
The widow's son by Elijah...A man whose body had been placed in Elisha's tomb....the ruler's daughter...I think Paul full rezzed somebody...

I'm pretty sure it is said that the dead in Jerusalem rose from their graves and wondered the streets at Jesus' moment of death...nobody really said much about it since...

Coming back from the dead was somewhat of a banality in those days....

Actually, it only surrounded Jesus. I think that the pivotal moment was when Christ Resurrected AFTER predicting His own death and resurrection and after everyone plainly saw Him beaten, nailed to a cross, suffer, get stabbed with a spear and die. That would break any last straw of doubt that any of the eyewitnesses had.
Gold: 285.00
Aug 30 2012 06:42am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 30 2012 07:37am)
Actually, it only surrounded Jesus.  I think that the pivotal moment was when Christ Resurrected AFTER predicting His own death and resurrection and after everyone plainly saw Him beaten, nailed to a cross, suffer, get stabbed with a spear and die.  That would break any last straw of doubt that any of the eyewitnesses had.

That is great, but resurrection was pretty common then. He said he was the son of God and then he was resurrected and that was cited as proof. I am just curious if that also proved the divine lineage of people like Lazarus, the ruler's daughter and everybody else that had also come back from the dead as well.

I mean death is pretty much death regardless of how it happens.
Aug 30 2012 11:19am
Quote (Skinned @ Aug 30 2012 12:42pm)
That is great, but resurrection was pretty common then.  He said he was the son of God and then he was resurrected and that was cited as proof.  I am just curious if that also proved the divine lineage of people like Lazarus, the ruler's daughter and everybody else that had also come back from the dead as well.

I mean death is pretty much death regardless of how it happens.

No, it proves the Divinity of Christ Jesus. He is the one that commanded them to come alive and then they came alive.
Gold: 722.53
Warn: 10%
Aug 30 2012 12:53pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 30 2012 06:19am)
Any atheist would die for Jesus Christ if they saw what the Disciples saw.  Many of His Disciples didn't believe He was the Son of God until they saw Him risen from the dead.  This includes His half brothers, James and probably Jude.

Good thing I'm not gullible enough to believe a fictional story that says that someone can rise from the dead.

This post was edited by AEtheric on Aug 30 2012 12:55pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1585960616279Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll