d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1588589590591592910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 15 2020 09:38am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 15 Jul 2020 17:28)
From what i understand this form is about giving parents a choice if their kids are going to participate in sporting or whatever events in light of covid. We know Covid is a disease that doesn't affect kids and you could count the number of deaths of kids worldwide on your hand, so not sure why this bitch is thinking something outrageous is happening here.

A kid dying from playing football in school is about a million times more likely than he/she dying from Covid. Like this is a pretty standard release form for kids sports, field trips, etc. Why are so many liabilities in life being pushed away from the individual/parents to society?

holy shit. you went full ret... i mean science-denier there. that's a post even bi-ghot or endlesscry would be ashamed of. not only is that patently and disgustingly wrong, you're also forgetting that places like schools are the ideal hotspots to spread a virus like wildfire. where did you go after school? home, right? and who lived there, and where did those people go? i can't believe i have to make you think about such basic stuff... damn...
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 15 2020 10:09am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 15 2020 10:28am)
From what i understand this form is about giving parents a choice if their kids are going to participate in sporting or whatever events in light of covid. We know Covid is a disease that doesn't affect kids and you could count the number of deaths of kids worldwide on your hand, so not sure why this bitch is thinking something outrageous is happening here.

A kid dying from playing football in school is about a million times more likely than he/she dying from Covid. Like this is a pretty standard release form for kids sports, field trips, etc. Why are so many liabilities in life being pushed away from the individual/parents to society?

my wife's district is considering a similar signed form for parents to promise not to send their kids to school at all, not just activities or sports. i'm not sure what qualifies as an activity under that form or how it affects attendance.

considering the fact that kids get fevers, coughs, diarrhea, etc all the time. the amount of sick days is going to be dicey. reading that form if my kid has a fever i have to wait 14 days just to have them back in sports or get them an invasive nasil swab covid test. or, like, just give them a baby Tylenol and lie.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 15 2020 10:33am
Quote (fender @ 15 Jul 2020 17:14)
taking notes from china / russia / north korea:

https://i.imgur.com/8PqDEal.png

anyone still surprised at this point?

U.S billionaires executives could make a lot of money with the disease killing dozens of thousands americans.
First thing to do is to lock the information.
Gold: 11,345.00
Jul 15 2020 10:43am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 15 2020 12:09pm)
my wife's district is considering a similar signed form for parents to promise not to send their kids to school at all, not just activities or sports. i'm not sure what qualifies as an activity under that form or how it affects attendance.

considering the fact that kids get fevers, coughs, diarrhea, etc all the time. the amount of sick days is going to be dicey. reading that form if my kid has a fever i have to wait 14 days just to have them back in sports or get them an invasive nasil swab covid test. or, like, just give them a baby Tylenol and lie.

I think Covid is the catalyst that will change schooling on all levels as we know it. I'm not sure if we ever go back to lecture halls with 300+ college students.

I hope regulators are agile and recognize that the way we do education needs to change and to start shifting some money from brick and mortar to software, distance learning curriculum, etc.

From an investment perspective, i think companies that are starting to do work on distance learning, education tech, etc have a lot of potential and we are like in the 1st inning right now.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jul 15 2020 10:48am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 15 2020 10:50am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 15 2020 11:43am)
I think Covid is the catalyst that will change schooling on all levels as we know it. I'm not sure if we ever go back to lecture halls with 300+ college students.

I hope regulators are agile and recognize that the way we do education needs to change and to start shifting some money from brick and mortar to software, distance learning curriculum, etc.

From an investment perspective, i think companies that are starting to do work on distance learning, education tech, etc have a lot of potential and we are like in the 1st inning right now.

and as an additional silver lining without 300+ person classes, labs, and other hands on aspects of college people will not pay the same tuition forever, and the overbloated sea cow that is higher education will need to change.
Gold: 22,958.46
Jul 15 2020 12:11pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 15 Jul 2020 12:43)

We should all stay at home and not see anybody.
Unless on social media so we can ask for perfect grammar so we can google translate everything you ever though of.

We will use these translation against you in 20 years when you run for president.

RIP presidents in 20/30 years.
Gold: 260.11
Jul 15 2020 12:44pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 15 2020 11:50am)
and as an additional silver lining without 300+ person classes, labs, and other hands on aspects of college people will not pay the same tuition forever, and the overbloated sea cow that is higher education will need to change.

When I was in medical school all our lectures and most of our lab presentations were recorded. The only things that needed to be done every year would be cadaver dissection and hands-on labs. In total that represented ~20% of the activities. You could very easily take even the most intense classroom education and make it into an "X years or bust" program where you have access to all of the material and have to finish every test in X years. With the savings you could even have the tests proctored in person to prevent cheating and still come out way ahead. Most fields don't have to change so rapidly that you need yearly updates, and I'd imagine virtually no fields change enough to even need an update more frequently than once a decade until you get into graduate level education.
Jul 15 2020 12:54pm
Quote (mcmbowinc @ Jul 15 2020 02:11pm)
We should all stay at home and not see anybody.
Unless on social media so we can ask for perfect grammar so we can google translate everything you ever though of.

We will use these translation against you in 20 years when you run for president.

RIP presidents in 20/30 years.

I'm not a fan of online learning tbh, i think a fair amount of social skills and relationships are developed in schools and kids staying at home won't somehow magically develop those skills on tiktok. I do think it is the future though.

Online learning is far more economical. Like 4th-12th grades, you could package that content with only minimal curriculum updates yearly. A lot of money can be saved on brick and mortar. Unfortunately i think a lot of people will lose their jobs if/when this happens.
Gold: 22,958.46
Jul 15 2020 12:58pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 15 Jul 2020 14:54)
I'm not a fan of online learning tbh, i think a fair amount of social skills and relationships are developed in schools and kids staying at home won't somehow magically develop those skills on tiktok. I do think it is the future though.

Online learning is far more economical. Like 4th-12th grades, you could package that content with only minimal curriculum updates yearly. A lot of money can be saved on brick and mortar. Unfortunately i think a lot of people will lose their jobs if/when this happens.

School are also made to allow parents(both)to work 40h/week
If a 6 years old doesnt go to school, he will demand supervision. The money saved will therefore be lost and families will struggle even more.

I would almost predict that the enfant rate would slightly go down
Jul 15 2020 01:04pm
Quote (mcmbowinc @ Jul 15 2020 02:58pm)
School are also made to allow parents(both)to work 40h/week
If a 6 years old doesnt go to school, he will demand supervision. The money saved will therefore be lost and families will struggle even more.

I would almost predict that the enfant rate would slightly go down

Fair point. That's why i stuck with 4th grade and up. I think at like 10-11 kids could be trusted at home.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1588589590591592910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll