d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev15795805815825831176Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 580.00
Nov 16 2023 12:30pm
Quote (ferdia @ 16 Nov 2023 20:29)
Ok lets try a different way:

All of this is fine if you admit that Israel is ethnic cleansing the Palestinians.

The statement above is in direct response to your comment, and should not be responded to. I am merely trying to highlight how the below, from you, is like the above, i.e. an inappropriate and misleading statement.

all of that's fine if you just admit you want hamas to get away with it.

Indirectly suggesting what you believe my thoughts are on a point when nowhere in the thread have I done anything other then condemn hamas, is poor form.

Do you have any proof to support Israel is ethnic clensing?
Gold: 45,509.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 16 2023 12:32pm
Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 16 2023 06:30pm)
Do you have any proof to support Israel is ethnic clensing?

did you read my post in full?
Gold: 1,139.17
Nov 16 2023 12:33pm
Lol religion and politics on JSP. Sounds like a bad idea haha
Gold: 4,921.71
Nov 16 2023 12:33pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 16 2023 12:21pm)
peace is a fun ideal, but its not always feasible. i dont think peace was ever an option with hamas in control, and neither does israel, presumably. i dont think right now peace is the goal at all, safety, but not peace.

post, after post, after post. you keep saying "their goal is this". reply after reply you state the one goal and ignore the other.

your posts have been incredibly biased. taking evacuation calls and saying this means they want to clear out all of gaza, holy stretch.

revenge is their goal, ignoring actual security concerns and legitimate military goals they've already accomplished.

repeating buzzword twitter NPC phrases.

all of that's fine if you just admit you want hamas to get away with it. i do. i'd rather terrorists crawl back into the comfortable tunnels they came from and plan their next attack. or i'd prefer israel doesnt bomb at all and clears everything on the ground even if it means hundreds or thousands of IDF deaths.

and i can say all of that and maintain that gaza city residents if they dont support hamas are complete idiots for staying if they have any literal option to leave. 2 working legs and you're not working in a hospital, than you're a moron to be there.

Peace SHOULD be the ideal. When you have Hamas, and their counterpart Netanyahu, running the show, then agreed peace remains an ideal. Nevertheless An ideal the world should still strive for. You’re not getting meaningful and lasting safety without it, regardless of DMZ or iron dome. Law of averages

At this point it’s clear neither Hamas nor Netanyahu will survive in the time to come, so for a chance peace is actually a plausible outcome here. Probably the first real chance in a few decades, especially in WB.

But those prospects will be increasingly hindered with unironic radical civilian:terrorist death ratios like this.

Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 16 2023 12:35pm
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 16 2023 12:29pm)
Ok lets try a different way:

All of this is fine if you admit that Israel is ethnic cleansing the Palestinians.

The statement above is in direct response to your comment, and should not be responded to. I am merely trying to highlight how the below, from you, is like the above, i.e. an inappropriate and misleading statement.

all of that's fine if you just admit you want hamas to get away with it.

Indirectly suggesting what you believe my thoughts are on a point when nowhere in the thread have I done anything other then condemn hamas, is poor form.

condemning hamas and wanting them to go unpunished aren't contradictory.

hamas are cowards, they hide behind human shields. the only way to punish hamas is to take away their ability to operate as a terrorist network.

what's the alternative, turn the other cheek and pour billions of aid into gaza until they're so unpopular that some time, likely 20-30 years from now, the people elect a new slightly better terrorist group govt. or optimistically a islamic govt that's not terrorist but still hate's israel?

that's what i want, but its not punishment for hamas. u can condemn their actions, condemn their existence, and still recognize its better they get away with it if it means less civilians die. that's brave. pretending that some super elite commando group should enter tunnels and kill only hamas soldiers while gazans are entirely spared is lying. maybe that's not what u think, idk because i have to wade in a soup of "apartheid", "ethnic cleansing", "open air prison", and other buzzwords to get to actual reality. actual plans.

state simply, what should israel have done from october 8th to now, and what should they do now since that didnt happen. then i can agree, or disagree, and let it be.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Nov 16 2023 12:42pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 16 2023 12:36pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 16 2023 08:21pm)
peace is a fun ideal, but its not always feasible. i dont think peace was ever an option with hamas in control, and neither does israel, presumably. i dont think right now peace is the goal at all, safety, but not peace.

post, after post, after post. you keep saying "their goal is this". reply after reply you state the one goal and ignore the other.

your posts have been incredibly biased. taking evacuation calls and saying this means they want to clear out all of gaza, holy stretch.

revenge is their goal, ignoring actual security concerns and legitimate military goals they've already accomplished.

repeating buzzword twitter NPC phrases.

all of that's fine if you just admit you want hamas to get away with it. i do. i'd rather terrorists crawl back into the comfortable tunnels they came from and plan their next attack. or i'd prefer israel doesnt bomb at all and clears everything on the ground even if it means hundreds or thousands of IDF deaths.

and i can say all of that and maintain that gaza city residents if they dont support hamas are complete idiots for staying if they have any literal option to leave. 2 working legs and you're not working in a hospital, than you're a moron to be there.

Peace is out of reach IMO.. it always was actually. Now the model is more like North and South Korea border. My opinion anyway..
Gold: 45,509.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 16 2023 12:37pm

I have no deep knowledge of the state of the Israeli political establishment. As far as I was aware the current leader, is a moderate(!). I do not see a pacifist becoming leader of Israel following these events, therefore the idea of a peace deal, with anyone, looks very very far fetched.

As with all wars, it tends to rally everyone behind the country, and in this case i can well accept that peace with gaza is furthest from alot of people's minds in Israel. this is human nature.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 16 2023 12:42pm
Gold: 580.00
Nov 16 2023 12:37pm
Quote (Bazi @ 16 Nov 2023 20:33)
Peace SHOULD be the ideal. When you have Hamas, and their counterpart Netanyahu, running the show, then agreed peace remains an ideal. Nevertheless An ideal the world should still strive for. You’re not getting meaningful and lasting safety without it, regardless of DMZ or iron dome. Law of averages

At this point it’s clear neither Hamas nor Netanyahu will survive in the time to come, so for a chance peace is actually a plausible outcome here. Probably the first real chance in a few decades, especially in WB.

But those prospects will be increasingly hindered with unironic radical civilian:terrorist death ratios like this.

Ratios mean nothing its war
Gold: 4,921.71
Nov 16 2023 12:44pm
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 16 2023 12:37pm)
^Baz

I have no deep knowledge of the state of the Israeli political establishment. As far as I was aware the current leader, is a moderate(!). I do not see a pacifist becoming leader of Israel following these events, therefore the idea of a peace deal, with anyone, looks very very far fetched.

I don’t have deep knowledge at all, and like all am at the mercy of media outlets. I frequent times of Israel for this topic

Netanyahu is not a moderate by any stretch, perhaps only when compared to his extremely R wing cabinet that he had no choice to appoint in order to stay in power.

He was polling poorly before October 7th and every week he’s breaking his own records. Per times of Israel, approximately 4% of the Israeli population believe he is a reliable source for war information.

The replacement will either:

Be more left and a potentially an actual good faith actor in a quest for a peaceful 2 state solution

Be more right and honest that 2 state solution is a dream and seek a one state solution

Both stances are superior to the status quo and will provide longer lasting peace. Up to Israeli population what next but as they have accurately determine anything is better than the failed last decade

This post was edited by Bazi on Nov 16 2023 12:49pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 16 2023 01:08pm
Quote (Bazi @ Nov 16 2023 12:44pm)
I don’t have deep knowledge at all, and like all am at the mercy of media outlets. I frequent times of Israel for this topic

Netanyahu is not a moderate by any stretch, perhaps only when compared to his extremely R wing cabinet that he had no choice to appoint in order to stay in power.

He was polling poorly before October 7th and every week he’s breaking his own records. Per times of Israel, approximately 4% of the Israeli population believe he is a reliable source for war information.

The replacement will either:

Be more left and a potentially an actual good faith actor in a quest for a peaceful 2 state solution

Be more right and honest that 2 state solution is a dream and seek a one state solution

Both stances are superior to the status quo and will provide longer lasting peace. Up to Israeli population what next but as they have accurately determine anything is better than the failed last decade

IMO the most realistic 2 state solution isnt peaceful. cut losses. give gaza to gazans. announce a date some year or two in the future to turn off water/power. and just enforce a DMZ and repel rockets.

that may be the best case scenario, let gazans realize israel isnt the boogeyman. once hamas is in control in truth the problems of gaza become the fault of hamas and their sponsors who continue to fund rockets and not economy and infrastructure in gaza.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15795805815825831176Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll