d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev15758596061443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Sep 18 2018 05:35pm
Not sure which is causing more ruffled jimmies anymore trump or the ghotposting
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 18 2018 05:37pm
The Salt Lake Tribune... wtf? LOL

/e

Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 18 2018 07:35pm)

If it's me, then my mission has succeeded. :D

This post was edited by Ghot on Sep 18 2018 05:38pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 18 2018 05:38pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Sep 18 2018 04:35pm)

are we still doing the thing where people post and then people respond and the ones that respond are all the sudden angry,upset,triggered,rustled?

that's so pard 2016
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 18 2018 05:51pm

Doubts arise over whether Trump court nominee's accuser will testify

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kavanaugh/doubts-arise-over-whether-trump-court-nominees-accuser-will-testify-idUSKCN1LY2E4

Senator John Cornyn, a member of the Senate Republican leadership, appeared to cast doubt on Ford’s allegations.

“We just don’t know what happened 36 years ago and there are gaps in her memory. She doesn’t know how she got there, when it was, and so that would logically be something where she would get questions,” Cornyn told reporters.

Cornyn’s fellow Republicans have generally avoided criticizing Ford, instead castigating Democrats for not revealing her allegations earlier.

The confirmation fight comes just weeks before the Nov. 6 congressional elections in which Democrats are seeking to take control of Congress from Trump’s fellow Republicans, which could be a major blow to his agenda.

Grassley, whose committee oversees the confirmation process, initially said the planned hearing would be public but other Republicans indicated it could be held privately if Ford requests that.

“We have reached out to her in the last 36 hours, three or four times by email, and we’ve not heard from them. So it kind of raises the question ... do they want to come to (the) public hearing or not?” Grassley said in an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt.

“I want to hear from Dr. Ford,” Grassley said. “And she deserves to be heard because these are serious accusations. And I would surely hope she’d come Monday.”

Wonder what the problem is. She already said she would testify, and now they can't seem to get a response from her or her lawyer.

Gold: 17,384.69
Sep 18 2018 05:52pm
rofl sexual allegations, the ultimate weapon

While his friend watched, she said, Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed on her back and groped her over her clothes, grinding his body against hers and clumsily attempting to pull off her one-piece bathing suit and the clothing she wore over it. When she tried to scream, she said, he put his hand over her mouth.

“I thought he might inadvertently kill me,” said Ford, now a 51-year-old research psychologist in northern California. “He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing.”

Rooofl. I think her story is true.
Gold: 28,296.75
Sep 18 2018 05:54pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 18 2018 04:51pm)
Doubts arise over whether Trump court nominee's accuser will testify

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kavanaugh/doubts-arise-over-whether-trump-court-nominees-accuser-will-testify-idUSKCN1LY2E4

Wonder what the problem is. She already said she would testify, and now they can't seem to get a response from her or her lawyer.

perhaps she is deciding if she wants it public or private

or seeing what happens/comes out this week to decide how to go forward

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 18 2018 05:58pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 18 2018 07:32pm)
So maybe Brett Kavanaugh is correct when he says he wasn't there at all.

Lol
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 18 2018 06:06pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 19 Sep 2018 01:54)
perhaps she is deciding if she wants it public or private

or seeing what happens/comes out this week to decide how to go forward

or perhaps the main goal from the very beginning was to stall and delay, and this is just another attempt. if she testifies before congress on monday, they could hold their final vote by thursday next week, or decide to drop Kav and start the nomination process of his replacement in time to get him through before the new senators are sworn in in december.

also, if the senate hears her next week, then confirms Kav in the same week, the entire thing will have faded from the news cycles and the voters' short-term memory by the midterms.

in any case, the democrats have no interest whatsoever in hearing Ford so soon. if they could delay things for just 2 more weeks beyond next monday, it would already be a huge tactical victory for them.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Sep 18 2018 06:07pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 18 2018 06:09pm
Remember Ghot's phony narrative (going to paraphrase here) "The allegation against Kavanaugh isn't serious as the FBI isn't even investigating it/declined to investigate it"

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/white-house-sources-fbi-blocked-vetting-kavanaugh-sexual-assault-trump-wont-order/

President Donald Trump’s administration reportedly has not asked the FBI to vet accusations that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted a girl while in high school.

Two sources told Bloomberg News on Monday that the White House has not given a green light for the FBI to investigate Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations that Kavanaugh groped and assaulted her. The sources said that the FBI can not move forward with an investigation without the permission of the White House.

Not really surprised
Gold: 22,164.69
Sep 18 2018 06:10pm
Okay bullshit-o-meter just jumped from yellow to flaming red:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/18/politics/ford-letter-fbi/index.html

after the FBI announced they won't investigate because its not a federal crime, she demands an FBI investigation before she'll be willing to testify.

any pretense of legitimacy just got flung out the window, shes in full dodge mode despite being a ford
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15758596061443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll