d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Election Was Rigged, Trap Was Set, Its Coming
Prev15695705715725731965Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,061.70
Dec 22 2020 04:52am
Quote (kenw @ 22 Dec 2020 02:14)
I'm not even going to lie - I barely know Gabbard. I did a bit of digging during the democratic debates a year ago and after learning she voted present during Trump's impeachment and didn't vote like 85% of the time as an elected Congresswoman, I wasn't really impressed. I would have personally preferred Warren but I think Kamala was the safest option out of all three. Yes, he could have probably amassed more Republicans or independents if she had been picked but IMO he would have bled even more Democrats because she's not particularly liked in the party from what I've seen. They both performed poorly at the end of the day . Biden didn't want to take the risk of alienating his core base by choosing a wild card.

My qualm with you is when you categorize people as racist or sexist or unpatriotic just because of they identify more with ones gender, birth place, race, etc. You would think that most voters are informed when you look at social media platforms but from my experience, people there are the vocal minority . If you ever were to canvass neighborhoods , you'd realize that the average person isn't an online debating edgelord and essentially only know the basics such as a vague nothing of health care - nothing else. Do I personally agree with voting mostly on race or gender, not really but if you cannot extrapolate that and try to twist this into some kind of affirmative action argument. Just because you hate her doesn't make her unqualified or undeserving of the title - she's not some random homeless person Joe picked off the street.

Majority reaction to Gabbard among moderate democrats is positive. Among the Progressive Stack they hate her. Hence my assertion that she wouldn't lose democrat votes. We've already determined that the Progressives were going to vote against Trump. It didn't matter who the VP was. Thus, the target was always expected to be moderate democrats, independents, and moderate republicans. Hence why Harris' positions and actions during her long tenure in public service was absolutely not something that could be considered "qualified".

And any form of judgement about a person based on inherent traits is discrimination. When you accuse somebody of being a racist because they are criticizing the actions and positions of a person, not based on those actions or positions, but due to the ethnicity of the person, that's actively racist. As to your claim that the average voter doesn't really know anything that's going on, voter awareness of issues, events, and candidates is higher than it has ever been in the history of the United States. It also happens to be part of why large media companies and social media companies are doing their best to form narratives, rather than simply allow the free flow of all relevant information. Sadly, all calls to demonize and deplatform any who hold a different viewpoint actively reduces voter awareness. Much as with the ACA, the Democratic platform has tended towards, "You need to vote it in to understand what it's about." This is an incredibly dangerous way of handing out the positions of governmental power.

Edit: VP picks are always to either consolidate the base, or walk along the aisle. With Trump, NOBODY believed he was a conservative, or would back conservative values. His actions, policy, and history was that of a Moderate Democrat/Left leaning independent. The entire reason Pence was chosen as his VP was because Pence was a staunch conservative with no background whatsoever of controversy or drama. Squeaky clean conservative. He added legitimacy to a republican vote. Without him, Trump would likely have lost 2016, due to a severe lack of support among republicans. His only real support would have been from independents and right leaning democrats. This is, again, why Harris made no legitimate sense as a VP pick. She added no support or legitimacy for the candidacy, and has stood quite opposite to many of the platform positions the campaign was [barely] run on.

This post was edited by InsaneBobb on Dec 22 2020 05:13am
Gold: 1,005.00
Dec 22 2020 05:53am
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Dec 22 2020 05:52am)
Majority reaction to Gabbard among moderate democrats is positive. Among the Progressive Stack they hate her. Hence my assertion that she wouldn't lose democrat votes. We've already determined that the Progressives were going to vote against Trump. It didn't matter who the VP was. Thus, the target was always expected to be moderate democrats, independents, and moderate republicans. Hence why Harris' positions and actions during her long tenure in public service was absolutely not something that could be considered "qualified".

And any form of judgement about a person based on inherent traits is discrimination. When you accuse somebody of being a racist because they are criticizing the actions and positions of a person, not based on those actions or positions, but due to the ethnicity of the person, that's actively racist. As to your claim that the average voter doesn't really know anything that's going on, voter awareness of issues, events, and candidates is higher than it has ever been in the history of the United States. It also happens to be part of why large media companies and social media companies are doing their best to form narratives, rather than simply allow the free flow of all relevant information. Sadly, all calls to demonize and deplatform any who hold a different viewpoint actively reduces voter awareness. Much as with the ACA, the Democratic platform has tended towards, "You need to vote it in to understand what it's about." This is an incredibly dangerous way of handing out the positions of governmental power.

Edit: VP picks are always to either consolidate the base, or walk along the aisle. With Trump, NOBODY believed he was a conservative, or would back conservative values. His actions, policy, and history was that of a Moderate Democrat/Left leaning independent. The entire reason Pence was chosen as his VP was because Pence was a staunch conservative with no background whatsoever of controversy or drama. Squeaky clean conservative. He added legitimacy to a republican vote. Without him, Trump would likely have lost 2016, due to a severe lack of support among republicans. His only real support would have been from independents and right leaning democrats. This is, again, why Harris made no legitimate sense as a VP pick. She added no support or legitimacy for the candidacy, and has stood quite opposite to many of the platform positions the campaign was [barely] run on.

I just disagree with the argument that voting for someone based on someones race or sex is inherently racist or sexist - being for something doesn't mean you are diametrically against something else. You make it look like it's a black or white situation. Generally speaking, I do agree on the concept of meritocracy, but taking pride in a race or sex isn't always racist and predicating your vote on said pride imo isn't always discriminatory . It really depends on the context .

As for the VP pick, Biden won so we can construct multiple scenarios but at the end of the day , it either paid off or it didn't matter. I think what hindered Biden was the riots, which scared a lot of white folk and foreign business owners , and the ubiquitous fear mongering Facebook and Twitter memes which radicalized boomers into the cult.

Gold: 101.80
Warn: 70%
Dec 22 2020 06:03am
you know, it's really funny, though
when i show videos of Emperor Trump to people on the street and they laugh their butts off, they don't really truly get it
when i explain him they don't even understand
weird, tbh
Dec 22 2020 06:07am
i am sweating buckets holy crap
Dec 22 2020 06:08am
Quote (kenw @ 22 Dec 2020 03:53)
I just disagree with the argument that voting for someone based on someones race or sex is inherently racist or sexist - being for something doesn't mean you are diametrically against something else. You make it look like it's a black or white situation. Generally speaking, I do agree on the concept of meritocracy, but taking pride in a race or sex isn't always racist and predicating your vote on said pride imo isn't always discriminatory . It really depends on the context .

As for the VP pick, Biden won so we can construct multiple scenarios but at the end of the day , it either paid off or it didn't matter. I think what hindered Biden was the riots, which scared a lot of white folk and foreign business owners , and the ubiquitous fear mongering Facebook and Twitter memes which radicalized boomers into the cult.

So your theory is that what... Harris was the "token black person/token woman" pick? Qualifications don't matter, it's all about believing their voters are stupid and only concerned about voting for someone who looks like them?

I sincerely hope you're wrong.
Gold: 1,005.00
Dec 22 2020 06:10am
Quote (SuperSpreader @ Dec 22 2020 07:03am)
you know, it's really funny, though
when i show videos of Emperor Trump to people on the street and they laugh their butts off, they don't really truly get it
when i explain him they don't even understand
weird, tbh

Hes objectively the most polarizing president ever. In some areas, he's an angel sent from God who can do no harm and in others hes a racist xenophobic attention craving self aggrandizing narcissist.
Dec 22 2020 06:23am
polarization can lead tu the truth omg even my balls are sweating holy wow
Dec 22 2020 06:26am
this is what you get when you super spread, i guess
two sniffles
Dec 22 2020 06:28am
at least it's not super-aids
super-aids would be a bit of a challenge the sniffle are quite easy
Dec 22 2020 06:47am
Quote (kenw @ 22 Dec 2020 04:10)
Hes objectively the most polarizing president ever. In some areas, he's an angel sent from God who can do no harm and in others hes a racist xenophobic attention craving self aggrandizing narcissist.

This statement doesn't make sense, in all honesty. The parties have been starkly polarized since W. Bush took office, and became even more sharply polarized after Obama took office. Government cooperating and negotiating side to side simply hasn't existed since the invasion of Iraq. And independents and moderates who vary on who to support based on how they line up, rather than the party have been being demonized since Obama took office.

I suppose I could understand if you were to say that this is the most polarized political time ever, but even then I'd still disagree. The most polarized political time in the US occurred when Democrats attempted to succeed, and arguably Lincoln would have been the most "polarizing" president, given he led states into war against other states drawn pretty strictly along party lines.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15695705715725731965Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll