d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Immigration, Etc... > And Illegal Immigrants
Prev1565758596077Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 21.93
Jun 25 2018 09:49pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 26 2018 02:34pm)
Personal attacks are disgusting. In guess that's just another rule that you can't deal with?

So, I'll ask again, you have PROOF that these illegal immigrants are vitims of rape and violence, or is this just hearsay?

What personal attack?
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 25 2018 09:49pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 25 2018 11:45pm)
Get off reuters and google the rates and reports of rape for women and girls trying to come here

Reuters has no reason to be biased. They aren't on air, they don't have a publication, their reporters are not celebrities, they are just reporters.
Aside from all that, about 70% of those "refugees" were caught out in falsehoods, which is why they were incarcerated, in the first place.

It never ceases to amaze me that you ONLY believe the "other guy". You never believe the border agents, the judges etc., who are just trying to do their job.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 25 2018 09:59pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 25 2018 08:49pm)
Reuters has no reason to be biased. They aren't on air, they don't have a publication, their reporters are not celebrities, they are just reporters.
Aside from all that, about 70% of those "refugees" were caught out in falsehoods, which is why they were incarcerated, in the first place.

It never ceases to amaze me that you ONLY believe the "other guy". You never believe the border agents, the judges etc., who are just trying to do their job.

I come from a place with some of the highest rape and abuse rates in the country. They are always under reported and there is rarely justice.

I believe because I know. These women are sexually abused where they are at and along the way to here. That's what kind of conditions they are leaving, a trek of rape is worth their journey to them and you call them liars and scammers

Their rapists and abusers face no consequences so they have nobody to go to and nowhere to go. A majority of these women and girls coming here have been violated and victimized and you push false narratives to continue to treat them as enemies

Report yourself narc for making disgusting posts about victims of sexual violence

go do research to confirm what I just said above
Jun 25 2018 10:31pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 25 2018 11:59pm)
I come from a place with some of the highest rape and abuse rates in the country. They are always under reported and there is rarely justice.

I believe because I know. These women are sexually abused where they are at and along the way to here. That's what kind of conditions they are leaving, a trek of rape is worth their journey to them and you call them liars and scammers

Their rapists and abusers face no consequences so they have nobody to go to and nowhere to go. A majority of these women and girls coming here have been violated and victimized and you push false narratives to continue to treat them as enemies

Report yourself narc for making disgusting posts about victims of sexual violence

go do research to confirm what I just said above

Either that or you could post proof of what YOU said. Not conjecture, not assumptions. case by case proof.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 26 2018 06:30am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 25 2018 09:31pm)
Either that or you could post proof of what YOU said. Not conjecture, not assumptions. case by case proof.

You can research what I said

but now that women and girls trying to escape violence and rape can no longer apply for asylum based on their abuse I don't see why you insist on misrepresenting them as liars and scammers

Them being granted asylum on those grounds was already an uphill painful battle for victims with no power but now because of people that think like you they not only have no chance they are dehumanized and demoralized by being told that their rapes didn't happen, that they as people do not matter, and that they should feel like scum for trying to cross a border to escape their abuse.

They do matter. The women and girls do face ridiculous rates of rape and physical abuse from their areas of extreme poverty all the way to our border.

The way these people are treated through and because of the hateful rhetoric especially under the Trump administration (and by enthusiasts like you) aimed at bringing acceptance of turning victims to enemies is disgraceful

Jun 26 2018 03:59pm
Pence warns Central Americans to immigrate legally or not at all

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-pence-centam/pence-warns-central-americans-to-immigrate-legally-or-not-at-all-idUSKBN1JM2NK

“To the people of Central America, I have a message for you,” Pence said in Brasilia. “Don’t risk your lives or the lives of your children by trying to come to the United States on a road run by drug smugglers and human traffickers. If you can’t come legally, don’t come at all.”

All hail Pence, all hail Pence.

/e

U.S. top court backs Trump on travel ban targeting Muslim-majority nations

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-immigration/u-s-top-court-backs-trump-on-travel-ban-targeting-muslim-majority-nations-idUSKBN1JM1U9

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday handed Donald Trump one of the biggest victories of his presidency, upholding his travel ban targeting several Muslim-majority countries and rejecting the argument that it represented unconstitutional religious discrimination.

Good job by the Supreme Court.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 26 2018 04:01pm
Gold: 2,620.00
Jun 26 2018 06:16pm
Quote (Ghot @ 26 Jun 2018 16:59)
Pence warns Central Americans to immigrate legally or not at all

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-pence-centam/pence-warns-central-americans-to-immigrate-legally-or-not-at-all-idUSKBN1JM2NK

All hail Pence, all hail Pence.

/e

U.S. top court backs Trump on travel ban targeting Muslim-majority nations

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-immigration/u-s-top-court-backs-trump-on-travel-ban-targeting-muslim-majority-nations-idUSKBN1JM1U9

Good job by the Supreme Court.

I agree with the Supreme Court's ruling in principle, but wasn't the whole point of the travel ban to "figure out what's going on" during that 90 day period after its issue?

It was an urgent executive order created to protect the US from an imminent threat - a nationwide temporary restraining order.

Trump has been President for 522 days now. His 90 day window was unconstitutionally taken away from him, but he's now had 522 days to tackle this issue and figure out what's going on.
Gold: 550.00
Jun 26 2018 06:20pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 26 2018 08:16pm)
I agree with the Supreme Court's ruling in principle, but wasn't the whole point of the travel ban to "figure out what's going on" during that 90 day period after its issue?

It was an urgent executive order created to protect the US from an imminent threat - a nationwide temporary restraining order.

Trump has been President for 522 days now. His 90 day window was unconstitutionally taken away from him, but he's now had 522 days to tackle this issue and figure out what's going on.

I'm absolutely shocked that trump was being disingenuous about why he needed a muslim travel ban.
Gold: 90.58
Jun 26 2018 06:22pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Jun 25 2018 07:49pm)
What personal attack?

Looks like I've been slacking lately, sorry. Reporting now!
Jun 26 2018 07:19pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 26 2018 08:16pm)

Trump wrote an anti-immigration EO for those trying to immigrate from the middle east, right after he took office.
Half the circuit court judges in the US sued him for various reasons concerning that law. Most of which were a loss of cheap labor, even though he was accused of just being racist.

He has appealed to the Supreme Court 3 times, and was forced to "rephrase" his EO three times. This is the end of the third appeal. He won, as he should have in the first place.

He didn't ban muslim immigration because they were muslim, he banned it because they were blowing things up. <--- tl;dr version
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1565758596077Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll