d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1565758596079Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 6.66
Aug 27 2012 07:36pm
Code
There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven.
When she gets there she knows, if the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for.
Ooh, ooh, and she's buying a stairway to heaven.

There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.
In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings,
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it makes me wonder.

There's a feeling I get when I look to the west,
And my spirit is crying for leaving.
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees,
And the voices of those who stand looking.
Ooh, it makes me wonder,
Ooh, it really makes me wonder.

And it's whispered that soon if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason.
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now,
It's just a spring clean for the May queen.
Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on.
And it makes me wonder.

Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,
The piper's calling you to join him,
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul.
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold.
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last.
When all is one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll.

And she's buying a stairway to heaven.
Gold: 56.10
Aug 27 2012 08:11pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 27 2012 07:48pm)
You are a big liar man.  That's not in the Bible.  Chapter and verse.  This is the actual passage surrounding where He says I am THE way THE truth and THE life... 

Why are you so desperate to change what the Bible actually says? 

Joh 14:1 ¶ Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
¶ And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

You know what I was just reading the bible and I found a verse that talks about killing.

Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Matthew 15(3-4)

So that means if I get mad and say something bad to my parents you will kill me? It says I have to be put to death. Is that not violence? I'm guessing to you it is not of course since it's from the bible and you are ignorant.

But it says it right there. I have to be put to death if I curse my parents. Really? That's how great the bible is? No the bible is false. It is written by humans who had a corrupted mind and wanted to kill people.

This post was edited by SecondGear on Aug 27 2012 08:12pm
Gold: 5.00
Aug 27 2012 08:21pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 27 2012 07:08pm)
Yes they are because those calling themselves Christians are disobeying what the Bible Actually says to do.  The Muslims ARE following what the quran actually says to do in their false book.

Should just abolish organized religion then. Seems like it causes alot of problems.

This post was edited by Aisu_aS on Aug 27 2012 08:21pm
Gold: 186.16
Aug 28 2012 07:08am
Quote (SecondGear @ Aug 28 2012 01:31am)
It's really no use arguing with you. For the quotes you provided that say Qu'ran says kill I proved to you it didn't. Now if you don't want to believe it then don't but you are really just being ignorant. The people who kill for Islam are not muslims. You can say it all you want. You can say how you saw it in the news all you want to. You believe whatever the media shows you. You realize when a muslim guy kills someone it WILL ALWAYS be on the media, but when someone else does something bad say a Christian IT WILL ALMOST NEVER be on the media. For example.

The buddists are killing muslims in masses RIGHT NOW in burma. Why was there no media coverage? Because the muslims are getting killed? The reason is they don't want you to know that OTHER PEOPLE can be just as bad as some muslims can. They want you to think muslims are the only violent beings in the planet and that's where your mind got corrupted from and your ignorant to the max limit. You don't take anything else for an answer, and that's just sad. Grow up.

Well there's another lie. You haven't proven that the koran doesn't command to kill, murder and destroy. The Media is very ANTI Christian and would LOVE nothing more than to paint Christians as violent. That's why they desperately attempted to paint the Tea Party Patriots as violent but came up with nothing. Most of them are Christians and they were peaceful. The Media tries desperately to paint islam in a positive light, but the muslims themselves can't stop murdering and causing havok everywhere they go, so the people see right though it. Whenever there is a bombing or hijacking, the media won't mention that they are muslims, but everyone knows anyway.

The Buddists and hindus that kill muslims are responding the muslim violence against them. The muslims provoke and provoke and then when the other side retaliates, they claim that the other side started it. They do the same thing with God's chosen people, the Jews. They hate God's chosen people because they are the children of the Devil. Of course satan's children hate God's children.

20,000 Muslims attempt to Kill Pastor in Egypt:

http://www.aina.org/news/20120214194904.htm

This post was edited by xfrodobagginsx on Aug 28 2012 07:10am
Aug 28 2012 10:08am
Yes they are because those calling themselves Christians are disobeying what the Bible Actually says to do.  The Muslims ARE following what the quran actually says to do in their false book.

No christian follows the bible word for word. You all cherry pick what you should follow and what it means. The last "true christians", as you call them, I believe lived some time around the Dark Ages. I could be wrong here so don't quote me.

This post was edited by Aisu_aS on Aug 28 2012 10:08am
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 28 2012 10:16am
Quote (SecondGear @ Aug 27 2012 10:11pm)
You know what I was just reading the bible and I found a verse that talks about killing.

Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Matthew 15(3-4)

So that means if I get mad and say something bad to my parents you will kill me? It says I have to be put to death. Is that not violence? I'm guessing to you it is not of course since it's from the bible and you are ignorant.

But it says it right there. I have to be put to death if I curse my parents. Really? That's how great the bible is? No the bible is false. It is written by humans who had a corrupted mind and wanted to kill people.

...are once again you prove your Biblical illiteracy . That citation is Jesus scolding the Jews for their transgressions against the law since they didn't enforce it . Learn to Bible please .
Gold: 186.16
Aug 28 2012 10:25am
[B][/B]
Quote (Aisu_aS @ Aug 28 2012 04:08pm)
No christian follows the bible word for word. You all cherry pick what you should follow and what it means. The last "true christians", as you call them, I believe lived some time around the Dark Ages. I could be wrong here so don't quote me.

Learn the Bible.

A true Christian is someone who actually believes that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for their sins and place their trust in Him and what He did. That's what a True Christian is, therefore, there are MILLIONS of true Christians in the world today. A false Christian or non Christian is one who rejects that Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead for their sins and does not accept Jesus as the Way of Salvation.

Ro 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Joh 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1Co 15:12 ¶ Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

This post was edited by xfrodobagginsx on Aug 28 2012 10:27am
Aug 28 2012 10:26am
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ Aug 28 2012 11:25am)
[B][/B]

A true Christian is someone who actually believes that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for their sins and place their trust in Him and what He did.  That's what a True Christian is. 

Ro 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Joh 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1Co 15:12 ¶ Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?
But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

Yet don't they still have to do what the bible says?

e: Also adding a bunch of bible quotes to each reply you post to me is utterly pointless. I don't care what the bible has to say regarding anything. You should give Greek or Norse mythology a try, that shit is cool. Hell even some Imperial Cult would do.

This post was edited by Aisu_aS on Aug 28 2012 10:28am
Gold: 7,252.72
Aug 28 2012 10:29am
Quote (Aisu_aS @ Aug 28 2012 12:26pm)
Yet don't they still have to do what the bible says?

...after all this time you still don't know the difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament ....seriously ?
Aug 28 2012 10:34am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Aug 28 2012 11:29am)
...after all this time you still don't know the difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament ....seriously ?

I never mentioned anything about either testaments. I was going by:

Again, I could care less about the bible. To make it clear I am against organized religion as a whole and I believe that religion should play no part in Politics or any law making procedure. Nor should any religion be supported or endorsed by the government. I no longer care about the whole god vs no god argument.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1565758596079Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll