d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1568569570571572983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,009.99
Jul 30 2020 10:58am
Quote (SBD @ Jul 30 2020 11:48am)
I'd say I almost never check twitter. I myself don't have an account, but when I go on and the two posts from the president is pizza endorsement and building a fraud election narrative to try to excuse his 2020 loss its blatantly obvious the person who holds the greatest power is a buffoon. It's fine to support republicans but how has this guy not lost every supporter yet.

Don’t get me wrong, I get what you’re saying, however it’s a fairly simple answer. Trump supporters are going to stick with him, for the most part, for the same reason the left are going to vote for Biden, despite the fact that he’s a disaster of a presidential candidate. People want their side to win, so their sides agenda gets pushed, over the other sides agenda.
Gold: 260.11
Jul 30 2020 11:00am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Jul 30 2020 11:58am)
Don’t get me wrong, I get what you’re saying, however it’s a fairly simple answer. Trump supporters are going to stick with him, for the most part, for the same reason the left are going to vote for Biden, despite the fact that he’s a disaster of a presidential candidate. People want their side to win, so their sides agenda gets pushed, over the other sides agenda.

Biden isn't any kind of disaster lol

He's pretty bland.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 30 2020 11:26am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Jul 30 2020 10:58am)

When does an agenda's value no longer compensate for the long term damage caused by consistent thoughtless remarks on global platforms. I would think that those who were swing votes would be all leaning the other way this election.

I would think this election would be a blowout but looking back those comments saying Hillary would be certainly didn't age well.

This post was edited by SBD on Jul 30 2020 11:27am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 30 2020 11:30am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 30 2020 12:00pm)

He's pretty bland.

i love joe biden's personality circa 2008 or so, and i even saw flashes of brilliance during the primary debates. but if you think he's anything but a bumbling sad shell of himself i dont know what to say.

its like a 50 year old ex-NFL player, they might not be a quadriplegic, but when you watch them limp to the podium in comparison to the 1,000 yard rushing season they had, its just sad.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 30 2020 11:30am
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 30 2020 11:31am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 30 2020 10:00am)

He's pretty bland.

I think this is one of the biggest problems in American elections: each election is treated as an existential threat. Now that we actually have one, almost half the country is completely oblivious.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 30 2020 11:35am
Quote (thundercock @ 30 Jul 2020 19:31)
I think this is one of the biggest problems in American elections: each election is treated as an existential threat. Now that we actually have one, almost half the country is completely oblivious.

for millions without jobs, healthcare, homes they are. each and every one of them, and they only ever get to 'choose' (although, to be fair, those people are the same ones that get disenfranchised at the highest rate, so often enough they don't even have a vote, or it's simply worthless due to the shitty system) between shitty and even shittier.
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 30 2020 11:38am
Quote (fender @ Jul 30 2020 10:35am)
for millions without jobs, healthcare, homes they are. each and every one of them, and they only ever get to 'choose' (although, to be fair, those people are the same ones that get disenfranchised at the highest rate, so often enough they don't even have a vote, or it's simply worthless due to the shitty system) between shitty and even shittier.

That's not an existential threat to a country or ideology though. I should have been more specific.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jul 30 2020 03:15pm
Trump 2021 LOL
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 30 2020 03:25pm
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ 30 Jul 2020 17:07)
Distraction from that 32.9 drop, or the release of documents from miss soon to be suicided. But given the senate's proclivity for letting the fool do whatever he wants, it should give some concern to people.

inb4 "he's only asking a question, not suggesting anything" and "he was joking"

Maybe he should retweet the alien sperm doctor some more. That's gonna help his odds. :rolleyes:

Quote (IgoSoHard @ 30 Jul 2020 18:58)

This. No matter how incompetent Trump might be, he still pushed the conservative agenda forward and prevented the liberal agenda from making progress for 4 years.

Quote (thundercock @ 30 Jul 2020 19:31)

I've used the phrase before and I like it more and more: "Cold Civil War". The American society is deeply divided between two hostile camps of roughly equal strength which have irreconcilable ideologies and policy preferences, and the balance of power between the two has been hanging by a thread ever since the 2000 election. In every election since 2000, at least one side had to fear losing the Cold Civil War permanently if they lose the next election cycle.

Oh, btw, I actually disagree with the notion that this election is an existential threat. Biden isnt magically gonna make the coronavirus go away, he wont have a magic wand with which he can undo the economic and labor market devastations (which arent fully visible yet), he wont be able to magically make racial tensions or poverty or inequality disappear. And if he does indeed end up enabling lots of far-left lunacy from the AOC-wing of the party, he might actually open the door for a far worse backlash than 2016 was.

Quote (thesnipa @ 30 Jul 2020 18:53)
i tend to land on they hate the idea of taxes, obamacare, china, etc SO MUCH that they'll even stand behind someone who lies every time he talks just in the hopes he makes it work out for them. the democrats who ask "what point will they drop off" are missing this, their support is in perpetuity, forever, neverending, no matter what. the knew coming in this was the case. no scandal, breaking news, or statement can sway them.

and STILL there's another group, people who aren't just willing to take whatever he says and ignore it. but rather people who deify him, they have 10 ft trump flags on a flag pole, 5 hats, 10 t shirts, 4 bumper stickers, and would literally bend over and get sodomized no KY with a smile on their face by the POTUS. those people i just dont get.

You've just described the difference between Fox News and OANN. ^_^

Quote (Thor123422 @ 30 Jul 2020 19:00)

He's pretty bland.

Like I said a month ago: he might be way past his prime, but I wouldnt mind a President Biden in his own right. I'm not afraid of the things Biden might do, I'm afraid of the things he might enable others to do. Precisely because he is a bumbling, declining old man do I have no confidence in his ability to stay in charge of the Democratic agenda and policies. My fear is not a strong President Biden, my fear is Biden becoming some sort of "cheerleader in chief" while Pelosi/Warren/AOC run the country.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 30 2020 03:32pm
Gold: 285.00
Jul 30 2020 03:34pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jul 30 2020 01:30pm)
i love joe biden's personality circa 2008 or so, and i even saw flashes of brilliance during the primary debates. but if you think he's anything but a bumbling sad shell of himself i dont know what to say.

its like a 50 year old ex-NFL player, they might not be a quadriplegic, but when you watch them limp to the podium in comparison to the 1,000 yard rushing season they had, its just sad.

I have to see him in debate to make this judgment, and not a reel made by people who dislike him. Either he will be able to talk inteligently about the issues or he won't. He was dynamite not that long ago.

The only reason we have geriatric candidates past their years of worth is because the Boomers decide everything. It's insane to me that people are not president when they're at the height of their power and instead when they're declining.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jul 30 2020 03:34pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1568569570571572983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll