d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev15625635645655661176Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.91
Warn: 10%
Nov 15 2023 10:21am
Quote (Norlander @ Nov 15 2023 12:15pm)
Shush, or I will prove you that Canada doesn't exist. I literally can prove that any country didn't exist stopping on the preffered date.

Canada is eternal, we have evolved beyond petty mortal needs and ascended to a timeless state of omnipotence.
Gold: 580.00
Nov 15 2023 10:35am
Quote (ferdia @ 15 Nov 2023 17:52)
I hope you realize that this is a terrible argument as it highlights that the land changes hands down through the centuries and nothing is forever owned by anyone. If Israel was gifted land once, why cant Palestinians be gifted land after their homes have been annihilated in war?

Its not there was only 3 states on this land
Judea, israel and modern Israel
The rest are not states
Which means this argument is perfectly fine
Gold: 13.37
Nov 15 2023 10:39am
You don't understand, this is different. Israel even bombs cities in a different way, in a kinder way, you know.
Gold: 45,309.00
Nov 15 2023 10:41am
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 15 2023 04:06pm)
right, again nothing to disagree with here. what i disagreed with initially was the jump in logic between "israel calls for other nations to take in refugees" and "its clear israel wants river to sea empty of gazans". that's a massive leap of logic.

now that does NOT mean that certain people in power in israel dont secretly wish for that. of course some do. life would be far easier in israel if rockets werent fired at them and they didnt have to prepare to counter another october 7th. but logistically it's all but impossible to re-settle all of gaza. and asking people to take in refugees doesnt signal that desire is the long term plan at all logically. you simply can't repopulate 2+ million people by depending on the kindness of other nations. move out 10k, 50k, or even 100k? sure. over time. but 2m? never.

as to why muslim nations wont take refugees, its because they all have a pact not to. they want gazans right where they are. dying for the greater cause, and not starting trouble in their nations.

It makes no sense to suggest that Gaza can be rebuilt and will turn the other cheek after father, mother, daughter, son, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, all dead. How does this massive loss of life not radicalize a people? I dont know what your position is re: "Is israel an apartheid state", but surely you can acknowledge that where the law is based on religion, with rules for thee but not for me, how in the world do you expect the oppressed masses (who will eventually outnumber the ruling elite) to just take it sitting down when there is a clear history of them not taking it sitting down. The leaders and soldiers of Hamas can be defeated but it makes no logical sense to believe that you can de-radicalize a people after doing what Israel has done for decades and continues to do, therefore Hamas will just reappear, in my opinion.

so back to the original argument - there is no evidence to suggest that Israel is not taking more and more land from Palestinians in the westbank, and there is no evidence to suggest that israel is prepared to give equal rights to Palestinians. the leap in logic when viewed from this position - that Israel is going to send Palestinians on their way, from the river to the sea, is not so far fetched, when noting the one state solution will never work and they dont want to do a two state solution which would involve ceding land. no indeed, it looks more like they will keep the land and kick anyone off it, whether they like it or not. in my opinion.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 15 2023 10:41am
Nov 15 2023 10:42am
Quote (Norlander @ 15 Nov 2023 18:39)
You don't understand, this is different. Israel even bombs cities in a different way, in a kinder way, you know.

Bombing Hamas infrastructures is legitimate targets
If you do not understand this basics concepts of international law you either biased or muslim (which doesnt want to understand)
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 15 2023 10:43am
Yuval Diskin, former head of Israel's Shin Bet security service, told the daily newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth in 2013 that "if we look at it over the years, one of the main people contributing to Hamas's strengthening has been Bibi Netanyahu, since his first term as prime minister."
Nov 15 2023 10:44am
Quote (ferdia @ 15 Nov 2023 18:41)
It makes no sense to suggest that Gaza can be rebuilt and will turn the other cheek after father, mother, daughter, son, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, all dead. How does this massive loss of life not radicalize a people? I dont know what your position is re: "Is israel an apartheid state", but surely you can acknowledge that where the law is based on religion, with rules for thee but not for me, how in the world do you expect the oppressed masses (who will eventually outnumber the ruling elite) to just take it sitting down when there is a clear history of them not taking it sitting down. The leaders and soldiers of Hamas can be defeated but it makes no logical sense to believe that you can de-radicalize a people after doing what Israel has done for decades and continues to do, therefore Hamas will just reappear, in my opinion.

so back to the original argument - there is no evidence to suggest that Israel is not taking more and more land from Palestinians in the westbank, and there is no evidence to suggest that israel is prepared to give equal rights to Palestinians. the leap in logic when viewed from this position - that Israel is going to send Palestinians on their way, from the river to the sea, is not so far fetched, when noting the one state solution will never work and they dont want to do a two state solution which would involve ceding land. no indeed, it looks more like they will keep the land and kick anyone off it, whether they like it or not. in my opinion.

They should have thought about before they raided and massacred civilians
What happened in Gaza after the operation is not concerning any of us right now, They can live in tents.
Gold: 45,309.00
Nov 15 2023 10:44am
Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 15 2023 04:42pm)
If you do not understand this basics concepts of international law you either biased or muslim (which doesnt want to understand)

what does being muslim have to do with anything ?! are you suggesting that there is something wrong with all muslim people??

Quote (Many_Names @ Nov 15 2023 04:44pm)
They should have thought about before they raided and massacred civilians
What happened in Gaza after the operation is not concerning any of us right now, They can live in tents.

Imagine if a country attacked your people, put them in a huge prison from which they could not escape and then subjected them to a reign of terror, killing men, women and children, and then said its their own fault for something some other (much smaller) group did, and they got what was coming to them? surely you would want the international community to step in and help you? and surely you would want people to condemn those that wronged you?

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 15 2023 10:47am
Nov 15 2023 10:45am
Quote (Meanwhile @ 15 Nov 2023 18:43)
Yuval Diskin, former head of Israel's Shin Bet security service, told the daily newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth in 2013 that "if we look at it over the years, one of the main people contributing to Hamas's strengthening has been Bibi Netanyahu, since his first term as prime minister."

I completely agree and by help them they surprise us with murder kidnap rape.
Gold: 13.37
Nov 15 2023 10:45am
Quote (Many_Names @ 15 Nov 2023 19:42)

Then you are a biased Israeli you know it works both ways?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15625635645655661176Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll