d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1561562563564565983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 25 2020 07:48pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 25 2020 08:39pm)
Lockdowns aren't the best way to actually prevent the spread. They're the last-ditch effort when you refuse to do anything else and the most expensive method. If we had taken the WHO's testing protocol instead of insisting on developing our own, had started mandatory production under the presidential emergency powers (that took Trump a very long time to use, and he only mandated ventilators from like one company) and he hadn't actively undermined the efforts to contain spread we would be in a much better place.

Like, yeah, he got a bad roll, but he made it as bad as possible by literally only making bad moves.

Yeah. Like not calling out the Natl. Guard, the instant this rioting started.

Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 25 2020 07:57pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 26 Jul 2020 02:39)
Lockdowns aren't the best way to actually prevent the spread. They're the last-ditch effort when you refuse to do anything else and the most expensive method. If we had taken the WHO's testing protocol instead of insisting on developing our own, had started mandatory production under the presidential emergency powers (that took Trump a very long time to use, and he only mandated ventilators from like one company) and he hadn't actively undermined the efforts to contain spread we would be in a much better place.

Like, yeah, he got a bad roll, but he made it as bad as possible by literally only making bad moves.

Most of those other countries you keep talking about also had to use lockdowns, despite not refusing to do anything.

I think I did a bad job communicating my point clearly, which was in response to what you said earlier:
"If Trump had taken adequate action we probably still wouldn't be South Korea, but we could at least be Germany."

First, I dont think that you would be as well off as Germany. The outbreak in NYC seemed very nasty and abrupt, even by covid standards, while Germany seems to have gotten relatively lucky when you compare the timing of its outbreak, the timing and strictness of its countermeasures as well as the evolution of its daily case numbers with surrounding European countries.

Second, the situation in Germany seems to be starting to slip, like in the big majority of industriaized countries. So it's easily possible that Germany/France/Japan/Australia/Israel/Spain/etc. are only lagging behind the development in the U.S. by a month or so. It's easily possible that the contrast between the US and the other first world countries will be far less stark in 2-4 weeks than it currently is.

Gold: 2,900.49
Jul 26 2020 04:07pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 25 2020 05:14pm)
You still have zero numbers/facts as far has what he actually did. Do you still not see how brainwashed you are?

One thing that pops to mind is how he was actively refusing to wear a mask in public and lead by example in that way. He turned the mask wearing thing into a political point of confrontation rather than using his massive platform in order to try and help influence people into wearing them.

Another thing he's done during Corona that I remember seeing was constantly referring it as "China Virus", which is yet another instance where he is not interested in unity but rather in making it antagonistic.

There will be no speeches like those that JFK delivered for the Trump Presidency, there will only be a myriad of his dumb Tweets.
Gold: 12,030.00
Jul 27 2020 01:16pm
Mark Cuban quote on Intel saying they may not be able to produce their chips.

“We can not control our own destiny if we don't build here...If we want to protect our future, we need to make investments in manufacturing of chips and all advanced technologies a national priority or we will find ourselves on the outside looking in, wondering why we are no longer a global economic and military super power,”

Trump has the right idea with the econ nationalism. Too bad so many people are so shortsighted that they rather put short term profits and comfort before our long term economic longevity. We're never going back to manufacturing cheap shit, but if we lose out high tech then it's over.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 27 2020 01:20pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 27 Jul 2020 15:16)

Trump has the right idea with the econ nationalism. Too bad so many people are so shortsighted that they rather put short term profits and comfort before our long term economic longevity. We're never going back to manufacturing cheap shit, but if we lose out high tech then it's over.

Cuban is bought and paid for by China, how good of them to have manufactured controlled opposition to their ventures
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 27 2020 02:52pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 27 2020 12:16pm)

I agree. People need to put their money where their mouth is. If you aren't willing to pay 3x as much for your electronics, you need to STFU.
Jul 27 2020 03:00pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 27 2020 04:52pm)
I agree. People need to put their money where their mouth is. If you aren't willing to pay 3x as much for your electronics, you need to STFU.

Don’t be dramatic.

Individuals need to be ready for some sacrifices. If we lose high tech because we want to save a few bucks on electronics hopefully people aren’t crying in 20 years on why California, Texas & other tech hubs moved all production to East Asia.

Somehow China, Japan & many East Asian societies understand this concept and are deeply protective of their industries while we keep getting cucked by shortsightedness.
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 27 2020 03:09pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 27 2020 02:00pm)
Don’t be dramatic.

Individuals need to be ready for some sacrifices. If we lose high tech because we want to save a few bucks on electronics hopefully people aren’t crying in 20 years on why California, Texas & other tech hubs moved all production to East Asia.

Somehow China, Japan & many East Asian societies understand this concept and are deeply protective of their industries while we keep getting cucked by shortsightedness.

I pulled the number out of my ass obviously. The point is, this is ALL on the American consumer. We value money above all else.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 27 2020 03:18pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 27 Jul 2020 23:00)
Don’t be dramatic.

so you agree that unfettered capitalism is bad now?
Jul 27 2020 03:19pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 27 2020 05:09pm)
I pulled the number out of my ass obviously. The point is, this is ALL on the American consumer. We value money above all else.

No it’s not all on the consumer. Consumers are inherently selfish. On a macro level that doesn’t work. Government exists to not only serve the current stakeholders but future generations as well.

@fender

The free market has its limitations I never denied that reality.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jul 27 2020 03:21pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1561562563564565983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll