d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Political Censorship Thread
Prev15556575859124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 2 2019 02:10pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Mar 2 2019 10:09pm)
I love your anger/aggression to triggered emotional sensitivity ratio

It's always fun to watch

facts dont care about your feelings
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 2 2019 02:11pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 2 Mar 2019 20:35)
Does "the left" have a monopoly on what is offensive? Or do they just accurately convey what is offensive? If the backlash is large enough it doesn't seem like it matters what side ofthe political spectrum says the inciting incident is offensive, it is offensive as evidenced by the backlash.

the backlash is most visible in the media, hollywood and on college campuses. the rest of the country is not as much on board with rampant and overreaching political correctness as leftist activists believe.

Trump's election in 2016 is, in some sense, the living proof that there is no overwhelming consensus across society when it comes to the definition of the boundaries of free speech//what constitutes clearly racist language.

Quote (Thor123422 @ 2 Mar 2019 20:57)
Black Person vs White Person

black racists vote for black guy
white racists vote for white guy

White Person vs White Person

black racists vote for ????
white racists vote for Trump

Maybe easy to see why it's not similar.

Then again, I'm talking to somebody incapable of anything except shitposting

bullshit.

black racists vote for whoever the democratic candidate is; white racists vote for whoever the republican candidate is.
Gold: 28,296.70
Mar 2 2019 02:11pm
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Mar 2 2019 01:10pm)
facts dont care about your feelings

Says the guy with a solid 500 posts of a make believe Michelle Obama penis
Gold: 260.11
Mar 2 2019 02:26pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 2 2019 02:11pm)
the backlash is most visible in the media, hollywood and on college campuses. the rest of the country is not as much on board with rampant and overreaching political correctness as leftist activists believe.

Trump's election in 2016 is, in some sense, the living proof that there is no overwhelming consensus across society when it comes to the definition of the boundaries of free speech//what constitutes clearly racist language.

bullshit.

black racists vote for whoever the democratic candidate is; white racists vote for whoever the republican candidate is.

You don't need an overwhelming majority for something to be considered offensive. If 1 in 5 people think something is offensive that's usually more than enough to make people stop talking or joking about it.

Difference being that black voters overwhelmingly go to the Democratic party, and white voters are pretty split. I wonder why? Probably because one party is the party of the birther movement, the southern strategy, and a ton of other not-so-subtle hostilities towards black people. Still, the point stands that if the leader of the KKK says he understands your coded messages of support.... maybe you should rethink your messaging. It's kind of like Sargon of Akkad on Youtube getting mad that racist groups started sharing his videos.... maybe that means your videos inspire racists and you should critically asses your own content before putting it out.
Mar 2 2019 02:30pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 2 Mar 2019 21:26)
You don't need an overwhelming majority for something to be considered offensive. If 1 in 5 people think something is offensive that's usually more than enough to make people stop talking or joking about it.

Difference being that black voters overwhelmingly go to the Democratic party, and white voters are pretty split. I wonder why? Probably because one party is the party of the birther movement, the southern strategy, and a ton of other not-so-subtle hostilities towards black people. Still, the point stands that if the leader of the KKK says he understands your coded messages of support.... maybe you should rethink your messaging. It's kind of like Sargon of Akkad on Youtube getting mad that racist groups started sharing his videos.... maybe that means your videos inspire racists and you should critically asses your own content before putting it out.

so, by your logic, when Louis Farrakhan endorses Obama, would Obama have to change his message and/or his policies?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Mar 2 2019 02:30pm
Gold: 28,296.70
Mar 2 2019 02:31pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 2 2019 01:11pm)

bullshit.

Yall are always acting like this wasnt just Christian conservative tactics flipped around and now those that used the tactics for decades are now facing them.

The career ending the life devastating on and on the only difference is that when the left got ahold of it to give conservatives a taste of their own good fearing patriotism weaponizing they had the modern version of the internet so their usage of the weapon was more effective than when conservatives had the power with it
Gold: 0.00
Mar 2 2019 02:33pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Mar 2 2019 10:06pm)

and here is your first leftist triggered by the study that details him flawlessly

https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/white-liberals-present-themselves-as-less-competent-in-interactions-with-african-americans

drop that n-bomb once more son u know u want to, the fact that u are 40+ years of age is absolutely fine

your bond with the local leftist looser squad will only deepen with every racist slur that you freely utter to own the right

This post was edited by HeLiCaL on Mar 2 2019 02:35pm
Mar 2 2019 02:35pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 2 2019 02:30pm)
so, by your logic, when Louis Farrakhan endorses Obama, would Obama have to change his message and/or his policies?

If it had been black person vs black person, and racist groups overwhelmingly favored Obama, then yeah, he probably should reevaluate his message.

If they are an explicitly racist group, and a member of their own race is running against somebody who isn't of their race, then it's pretty clear who they will vote for regardless of policy. If it's same race vs same race though, and one side says "I'm voting for this guy because his message clearly supports my agenda" then you should probably look at your message.
Mar 2 2019 02:46pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 2 Mar 2019 21:31)
Yall are always acting like this wasnt just Christian conservative tactics flipped around and now those that used the tactics for decades are now facing them.

The career ending the life devastating on and on the only difference is that when the left got ahold of it to give conservatives a taste of their own good fearing patriotism weaponizing they had the modern version of the internet so their usage of the weapon was more effective than when conservatives had the power with it

just for the record: I hate the religious right and have always rejected their tactics and weaponized morality.

so I actually kinda agree with you here, groups on the right have used similar tactics before. I reject those tactics, no matter which side they're coming from.

Quote (Thor123422 @ 2 Mar 2019 21:35)
If it had been black person vs black person, and racist groups overwhelmingly favored Obama, then yeah, he probably should reevaluate his message.

If they are an explicitly racist group, and a member of their own race is running against somebody who isn't of their race, then it's pretty clear who they will vote for regardless of policy. If it's same race vs same race though, and one side says "I'm voting for this guy because his message clearly supports my agenda" then you should probably look at your message.

smooth cop out, I'll give you that.
Mar 2 2019 02:54pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 2 2019 02:46pm)

smooth cop out, I'll give you that.

How is it a cop out?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15556575859124Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll