d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Week
Prev15556575859443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Sep 18 2018 02:45pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 18 2018 04:41pm)
im wildly ignorant on which female underwear are semi-comparable with an undersized set of genitalia, so perhaps you do have something to teach me.

At a loss for a response, and resorting to dick jokes? Probably because the internet happens to be rife with Trump dick jokes atm? :lol:
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 18 2018 02:51pm
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 18 2018 04:17pm)
I disagree. Democrats would be doing this to ANYONE. I've said it before..... the left would rage and demonize Merrick Garland if Trump chose him. Mud has been slung.

Wrong. They wouldnt have done it with Amy Cony Barrett or whatever that dumb christian broad's name is.
Sep 18 2018 02:52pm
Quote (djman72 @ Sep 18 2018 04:17pm)
I disagree. Democrats would be doing this to ANYONE. I've said it before..... the left would rage and demonize Merrick Garland if Trump chose him. Mud has been slung.

Also very wrong. A lot of the left would be thrilled with a Garland pick, including myself.
Gold: 4,404.67
Sep 18 2018 03:11pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ 18 Sep 2018 22:22)
Hindsight is 20/20, but Kethledge probably didn't have as many direct political ties and no questionable perjury or rape accusations.

Democrats would certainly ree against any pick short of Garland, but Kavanaugh has turned out to be a tricky pick to ram through. Hardiman probably would have been easier, too.

Afaik, with Kethledge, there were serious concerns that he might be weak on immigration. There was (is?) a real risk that he might become another David Souter.

Anyway, the real dealbreaker that put Kavanaugh in first place on Trump's list certainly was his opinion on executive prerogative and presidential immunity against criminal charges.
Sep 18 2018 03:15pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Sep 18 2018 05:11pm)
Afaik, with Kethledge, there were serious concerns that he might be weak on immigration. There was (is?) a real risk that he might become another David Souter.

Anyway, the real dealbreaker that put Kavanaugh in first place on Trump's list certainly was his opinion on executive prerogative and presidential immunity against criminal charges.

That and Roe vs. Wade. I can't even count how many times he responded something like... "I can't answer what a future decision might be", or similar.
Which makes sense to me anyways.
Gold: 2,504.69
Sep 18 2018 03:38pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 18 2018 03:15pm)
That and Roe vs. Wade. I can't even count how many times he responded something like... "I can't answer what a future decision might be", or similar.
Which makes sense to me anyways.

he got asked the question 100 times so the left winged media could report that he doesnt believe in Roe v Wade, when in fact he's just saying that the USSC has the power to overrule and decision, including its own. something apparently that the left winged media didn't realize with their "law of the land" talk.

that said he'd likely be a strikedown vote for Roe v Wade, i just dont think he's expressed his position very solidly on the matter, let alone in those interviews.
Sep 18 2018 04:07pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 18 2018 05:38pm)
he got asked the question 100 times so the left winged media could report that he doesnt believe in Roe v Wade, when in fact he's just saying that the USSC has the power to overrule and decision, including its own. something apparently that the left winged media didn't realize with their "law of the land" talk.

that said he'd likely be a strikedown vote for Roe v Wade, i just dont think he's expressed his position very solidly on the matter, let alone in those interviews.

Ofc he hasn't expressed his viewpoints. That shouldn't have anything to do with whether he's qualified or not. He's allowed to have his own viewpoints.

Now if he's seriously biased one way or the other, I would say that would be an important thing to know. But how he would vote on something that hasn't even come up...seriously out of line questions.
Sep 18 2018 04:10pm
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 18 2018 06:07pm)
Ofc he hasn't expressed his viewpoints. That shouldn't have anything to do with whether he's qualified or not. He's allowed to have his own viewpoints.

Now if he's seriously biased one way or the other, I would say that would be an important thing to know. But how he would vote on something that hasn't even come up...seriously out of line questions.

It shouldn't be. The american people should know who theyre getting.
Sep 18 2018 04:17pm
Sen. Susan Collins

@SenatorCollins
I'm writing to the Chairman & RM of Judiciary Cmte respectfully recommending that at Monday’s hearing, counsel for Prof. Ford be allocated time to question Judge Kavanaugh & counsel for the Judge be granted equal time to question Prof. Ford, followed by questions from Senators.

12:13 PM - Sep 18, 2018
6,289 people are talking about this
Sep 18 2018 04:35pm
https://www.sltrib.com/news/nation-world/2018/09/18/what-man-accused-helping/

A quote from a playwright runs alongside the family photos on Mark Judge's page in his high school yearbook: "Certain women should be struck regularly, like gongs."

Judge’s yearbook entry appears one page before the bio of his classmate at Georgetown Preparatory — federal judge and Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh. Both men graduated in 1983 — a year after they allegedly locked a girl inside a bedroom at a house party, where she says a drunken Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed and tried to strip her while a similarly drunken Judge watched and laughed.

In two memoirs, Judge depicted his high school as a nest of debauchery where students attended “masturbation class,” “lusted after girls” from nearby Catholic schools, and drank themselves into stupors at parties. He has since renounced that lifestyle and refashioned himself as a conservative moralist — albeit one who has written about “the wonderful beauty of uncontrollable male passion.”

Judge credits Georgetown Prep as the place he learned to write, even as he blames it for sending him down the path to alcoholism and immorality.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15556575859443Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll