d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1556557558559560983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 12,030.00
Jul 24 2020 04:13pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 24 2020 05:48pm)
My post didnt say he was a failure.

Read again, and really try to sound out the words as you read

I'll break it down really easy for you

When I said "the least impressive one can be", the implication, since my last sentence established he's being compared to "every other president", is that the sentence says "the least impressive any president can be".

Him only clearing that bar as his greatest accomplishment is implicating that he’s a failure, even though that in itself is an extravagant accomplishment and is hugely impressive. Your phraseology is garbage.

Some people only ‘clear the bar’ to become the US president in life while others like yourself can’t even clear the bar of supporting themselves.

Gold: 260.11
Jul 24 2020 04:18pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 24 2020 05:13pm)
Him only clearing that bar as his greatest accomplishment is implicating that he’s a failure

If his greatest accomplishment as president is "getting to be president", as the picture I was referencing said, then he's a failure among presidents.

Among the average man, he's been very successful by the simple qualification that he got to be president.

It's not a hard concept that whether somebody is a failure or not can change depending on what group you are comparing them to.
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 24 2020 04:19pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 24 2020 02:47pm)
‘Clearing the bar’ for becoming a president in an incredible dumb way to describe that accomplishment. By default clearing that makes you an immense success story. So to imply someone’s a failure just for doing that is dumb.

Btw you sound like an unprincipled pussy being hypercritical of both this current potus and the last one every step of the way policy wise , when they are so different policy wise. Chose a lane in your politics instead of just crying for 12 years now regardless of who’s in office. People like inkan and skinned, although I disagree with them I can at least respect them for being grounded in their beliefs while people like you or Icemage seem to have no backbone. The guy who had a Obama is Muslim sig for years calling me and idiot... fuck outta here.

Thor is comparing Trump to other presidents and it's extremely clear if you read his post...

I'm consistent in that I think the executive has way too much power. Obama abused it and Trump REALLY abused it. Also, my Obama sig was clearly satire.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 24 2020 04:23pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 24 2020 06:19pm)
Thor is comparing Trump to other presidents and it's extremely clear if you read his post...

I'm consistent in that I think the executive has way too much power. Obama abused it and Trump REALLY abused it. Also, my Obama sig was clearly satire.

No, thor is just a hypocrite. Obama abused power worse. And the supreme court wasnt courageous enough to stand up to Obama.
Jul 24 2020 04:30pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 24 2020 03:23pm)
No, thor is just a hypocrite. Obama abused power worse. And the supreme court wasnt courageous enough to stand up to Obama.

They stood up to him in A LOT of ways. Roberts prevented abuse of the commerce clause which is really important. He also kept voting rates for the states, they slammed him on his abuse of recess appointments, etc. We got a lot of religious liberties back as well. We also got DC vs. Heller which was HUGE. I think we should count our blessings.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 24 2020 04:30pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 24 2020 05:13pm)
Him only clearing that bar as his greatest accomplishment is implicating that he’s a failure, even though that in itself is an extravagant accomplishment and is hugely impressive. Your phraseology is garbage.

Some people only ‘clear the bar’ to become the US president in life while others like yourself can’t even clear the bar of supporting themselves.

Ghot's meme said that to begin with. His greatest accomplishment was supposedly preventing Clinton from winning the White House. He did that by winning the election. The meme also would imply that he has done nothing greater than winning said election, since that was his greatest accomplishment. The bar of entry for Presidential accomplishment is literally winning the election.

So either your reading comprehension needs some fine tuning, or you're being deliberately obtuse.
Jul 24 2020 04:35pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 24 2020 06:30pm)
They stood up to him in A LOT of ways. Roberts prevented abuse of the commerce clause which is really important. He also kept voting rates for the states, they slammed him on his abuse of recess appointments, etc. We got a lot of religious liberties back as well. We also got DC vs. Heller which was HUGE. I think we should count our blessings.

Quote (thundercock @ Jul 24 2020 06:30pm)

Daca and obamacare were much bigger bungles. And both have nearly irreversible damage.

We also had obama say that michael brown was innocent on live tv to start a fake race war that is still going on.
Jul 24 2020 04:42pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 24 2020 03:35pm)
Daca and obamacare were much bigger bungles. And both have nearly irreversible damage.

We also had obama say that michael brown was innocent on live tv to start a fake race war that is still going on.

The individual mandate no longer exists which is a good thing. Roberts ensured that any sort of "mandate" will be treated as a "tax" so Democrats will no longer be able to use euphemisms for their plans. DACA is good policy but it was an overreach by him. This is something that should have been done by Congress YEARS ago.

I agree that Obama didn't help race relations but I can't really fault him either. We're STILL navigating through a lot of bullshit and I actually blame social media for our ills more than anything. People who shouldn't be interacting are interacting and it's causing deep divisions in this country.
Jul 24 2020 04:49pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 24 2020 06:42pm)
The individual mandate no longer exists which is a good thing. Roberts ensured that any sort of "mandate" will be treated as a "tax" so Democrats will no longer be able to use euphemisms for their plans. DACA is good policy but it was an overreach by him. This is something that should have been done by Congress YEARS ago.

I agree that Obama didn't help race relations but I can't really fault him either. We're STILL navigating through a lot of bullshit and I actually blame social media for our ills more than anything. People who shouldn't be interacting are interacting and it's causing deep divisions in this country.

Public health isnt in the constitution at all. Its a states issue, so it was a huge bungle.

We will probably always disagree for immigration. It will be the downfall of our civilization within fifty years - even if youve never felt the effects as an entrenched oligarch.

Social media isnt the problem. The monolithic mainstream media is in the pockets of anti american interests. It could be soros or china but the result is the same. Society cant work when the media as a whole is working to destroy the country.
Gold: 260.11
Jul 24 2020 04:54pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 24 2020 05:42pm)

I don't think Obama really did anything on race relations.

The only time I can even remember him talking about race was one talk on the Zimmerman incident.

Still, I don't think there was much he could have done. In 50 years things will be better, but for now I'd say a good quarter of the population just isn't ready for better relations. It would mean giving up too much power.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1556557558559560983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll