d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev154555657581036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100,701.50
Apr 24 2020 02:21pm
Quote (thundercock @ Apr 24 2020 10:18pm)
I was told that Joe was into little girls so I imagine that this woman's nether regions weren't really his type. Checkmate.

Old Joe is quite the opportunist so I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 24 2020 02:24pm
Quote (Djunior @ Apr 24 2020 03:16pm)
Ask Joe about this

If Joe kept a lock of her hair as a trophy we can nail him
Gold: 100,701.50
Apr 24 2020 02:25pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 24 2020 10:24pm)
If Joe kept a lock of her hair as a trophy we can nail him

Nah he's too shrewd. A slippery fish.
Apr 24 2020 02:29pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 24 2020 03:18pm)
I agree with you that he will be able to survive this scandal. If Trump could get away with far worse accusations, Biden will be able to survive this.

people are wrong to compare it to Trump when it comes to election strategy and dynamics
its the Clinton-sucked-at-emulating-Karl-Rove problem from 2016: You can't lose what you never had. Attacking someone's weakness doesn't hurt them. You're supposed to attack their strength, dammit
Clinton made Trump's pussygrab comment the center of her campaign and not only that, spent a ludicrous amount of money and vastly inordinate focus on it that dwarfed all historical negative campaigning in US history, making her entire election pitch about labeling Trump a rapist. And it failed because anyone who was over the age of 20 already knew Donald Trump was a billionaire playboy and he leaned into it for his branding. Anyone who was swayed against him by that was already gone before the tape hit. If she had a lick of sense, she'd have tried to cast Trump as an impotent feeble old elitist snob to erode his appeal as a coarse populist braggart

Biden meanwhile counts upon keeping that edge against him as a baseline just to be competitive. If he goes into an election where he shares Trump's weakness but not his strengths, he's gonna get massacred

This post was edited by Goomshill on Apr 24 2020 02:30pm
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 24 2020 02:33pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 24 2020 03:29pm)
people are wrong to compare it to Trump when it comes to election strategy and dynamics
its the Clinton-sucked-at-emulating-Karl-Rove problem from 2016: You can't lose what you never had. Attacking someone's weakness doesn't hurt them. You're supposed to attack their strength, dammit
Clinton made Trump's pussygrab comment the center of her campaign and not only that, spent a ludicrous amount of money and vastly inordinate focus on it that dwarfed all historical negative campaigning in US history, making her entire election pitch about labeling Trump a rapist. And it failed because anyone who was over the age of 20 already knew Donald Trump was a billionaire playboy and he leaned into it for his branding. Anyone who was swayed against him by that was already gone before the tape hit. If she had a lick of sense, she'd have tried to cast Trump as an impotent feeble old elitist snob to erode his appeal as a coarse populist braggart

Biden meanwhile counts upon keeping that edge against him as a baseline just to be competitive. If he goes into an election where he shares Trump's weakness but not his strengths, he's gonna get massacred

We can lay out 200 reasons why it's different, but 9 out of 10 people will immediately say "ya but Trump" when they hear about this story. those people vote, and generally dont know shit about shit.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 24 2020 02:36pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 24 2020 04:29pm)

What Trump strengths do you think should be attacked?
Gold: 57.00
Apr 24 2020 02:37pm
fairs fair. get the senate to question them both a la kavanaugh and blasey-ford. lunch bucket joe seems harmless on this front but hey lefties created this ridiculous song and dance anyway
Apr 24 2020 02:46pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 24 2020 03:33pm)
We can lay out 200 reasons why it's different, but 9 out of 10 people will immediately say "ya but Trump" when they hear about this story. those people vote, and generally dont know shit about shit.

if 2 out of 10 pussy hat women stay home, he loses the race on that alone.

Quote (IceMage @ Apr 24 2020 03:36pm)
What Trump strengths do you think should be attacked?

His antiestablishmentarianism, populist nationalism, demagoguery, appeal to workers, economy, etc. Its a longer list now than during the last election.
Look at how he beat the republican primary field. It wasn't by being a milquetoast PC robot, it was by being a braggadocio anti-PC quipster. He built a person as what the common man envisioned himself as, as a billionaire. Eating mcdonalds, banging big titted women, shaving vince mcmahons head on TV. I've said it a million times, Clinton wasn't damaging Trump in the eyes of a working joe when she got a clip of him saying that as a rich and powerful man women just threw themselves at him. For fucks sake, she was reinforcing the image he built.
The Karl Rove answer was that Clinton needed to recast Trump's image as an impotent fragile old man, an elitist snob out of touch with the common folk, a doddering fool who couldn't get his dick up. get a picture of him on a yacht and at the opera.

Quote (excellence @ Apr 24 2020 03:37pm)
fairs fair. get the senate to question them both a la kavanaugh and blasey-ford. lunch bucket joe seems harmless on this front but hey lefties created this ridiculous song and dance anyway

senate hearings about private citizen Joe Biden being accused by private citizen Tara Reade?
they at least need a credible excuse. They could do it if Joe was a sitting senator or if he was already elected. Right now I don't think they could dream anything up to justify it

This post was edited by Goomshill on Apr 24 2020 02:48pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 24 2020 02:57pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 24 2020 04:46pm)
His antiestablishmentarianism, populist nationalism, demagoguery, appeal to workers, economy, etc. Its a longer list now than during the last election.
Look at how he beat the republican primary field. It wasn't by being a milquetoast PC robot, it was by being a braggadocio anti-PC quipster. He built a person as what the common man envisioned himself as, as a billionaire. Eating mcdonalds, banging big titted women, shaving vince mcmahons head on TV. I've said it a million times, Clinton wasn't damaging Trump in the eyes of a working joe when she got a clip of him saying that as a rich and powerful man women just threw themselves at him. For fucks sake, she was reinforcing the image he built.
The Karl Rove answer was that Clinton needed to recast Trump's image as an impotent fragile old man, an elitist snob out of touch with the common folk, a doddering fool who couldn't get his dick up. get a picture of him on a yacht and at the opera.

Republican primaries are freak shows so I don't think it can be compared to the general election.

I'm just not sure what would be effective. Maybe focusing on Trump voters in 2016 who've turned on him because they still live crappy lives in PA/MI/OH? Attack the tax cut as establishment and favoring the rich? Focus on the deficit?(lol jk) What are a couple specific areas that you think might work?

Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 24 2020 03:03pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 24 Apr 2020 22:29)

I would have to look up the sources, but Ive seen multiple polling data which suggests that most Obama-Trump voters are very happy with Trump. Biden's campaign idea is that he's much more appealing to this segment of voters than Hillary was, and therefore able to win them back. The idea is that this, coupled with the losses Trump has suffered in the suburbs (compared to the 2010-2014 political climate) would spell disaster for him.

Now, with the big majority of Obama-Trump voters looking set to go with Trump again, this strategy doesnt have a lot of wiggle room to begin with - it therefore relies even more on Trump alienating the suburbs. Anything that raises Joe's toxicity level with suburban women to match Trump's causes this strategy to fall apart.

------

I've written about this before on this sub: in 2020, the big strategic question during the Democratic primary was whether to bet on a "Rust Belt strategy", or on a "Sun Belt strategy". My point was, and I've said this over a year ago iirc, that Democrats might end up being trapped between these two strategies in 2020: having irrevocably alienated the white working class while demographic change and erosion of Republican support among college-educated whites have not progressed enough to make a play for Texas or Georgia.

Think of a map like this:
https://www.270towin.com/maps/zL4XL
with Trump hanging on to Texas, Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Nebraska's 2nd district by super tiny margins.
(Note that an electoral college tie is decided by the House, with each state delegation casting one vote - i.e. Republicans being heavily favoured because they would be almost guaranteed a majority of states under such a scenario.)

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 24 2020 03:04pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev154555657581036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll