d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1542543544545546983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 21 2020 02:34pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 21 2020 01:23pm)
Lincoln Project once again *yawn*

Here's a nice interview of the WaPo with John Weaver, founder of the Lincoln Project, a guy who was a registered foreign agent for Russia in 2019 and made a career as a political consultant despite not having been part of a single winning campaign in the last 20 years.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/20/does-lincoln-project-have-secret-agenda-answer-is-surprising/

Particularly interesting is what he has to say about whether their goal is limited to just defeating Trump, or if it includes sabotaging the entire GOP as much as possible and actively supporting Biden's agenda:

The leaders of the Lincoln Project are petulant childs who want to destroy their former toy because the big bad bully Trump stole it from them.

About their support for Biden's agenda:

Why dont these crooks bite the bullet and admit (to the public and themselves) that they have effectively turned into Democrats? :rolleyes:

Even the WaPo article itself summarizes the interview in similar fashion as me:

Trump didn't steal it from them though because Trump is a symptom. They created a monster and lost control of it and they've come to the realization that it's time to execute the monster. Once the GOP is destroyed, the radical left is next. I don't think these people are Democrats, they are just anti-Republican (much like IceMage and myself).
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 21 2020 02:50pm
Quote (thundercock @ 21 Jul 2020 22:34)
Trump didn't steal it from them though because Trump is a symptom. They created a monster and lost control of it and they've come to the realization that it's time to execute the monster. Once the GOP is destroyed, the radical left is next. I don't think these people are Democrats, they are just anti-Republican (much like IceMage and myself).

If they were "just" former-Republicans turned into anti-Trumpist-Republicans, they would not support Biden's entire agenda and threaten to attack any Republican elected official who tries to slow it down. In the whole interview, they unconditionally assume that Biden's agenda would be good policy and that there would exist no good or acceptable reasons for some Republicans to oppose some of Biden's policies. The entire interview reeks of a trenchboy mindset. Weaver and his buddies from TLP to me seem just angry that they somehow ended up in the wrong trench.

Jul 21 2020 02:54pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 21 2020 01:50pm)
If they were "just" former-Republicans turned into anti-Trumpist-Republicans, they would not support Biden's entire agenda and threaten to attack any Republican elected official who tries to slow it down. In the whole interview, they unconditionally assume that Biden's agenda would be good policy and that there would exist no good or acceptable reasons for some Republicans to oppose some of Biden's policies. The entire interview reeks of a trenchboy mindset. Weaver and his buddies from TLP to me seem just angry that they somehow ended up in the wrong trench.

That's not true. If you don't want the Dutch to win the World Cup, you will root for every team who plays against them. That's exactly what this is.

Also, Republicans in their current form are incapable of coming to the table when a Democrat is in office. To me, they've lost a lot of privileges b/c they don't operate in good faith.
Gold: 5,016.77
Jul 21 2020 03:05pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 21 2020 04:23pm)
Lincoln Project once again *yawn*
Here's a nice interview of the WaPo with John Weaver, founder of the Lincoln Project, a guy who was a registered foreign agent for Russia in 2019 and made a career as a political consultant despite not having been part of a single winning campaign in the last 20 years.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/07/20/does-lincoln-project-have-secret-agenda-answer-is-surprising/
Particularly interesting is what he has to say about whether their goal is limited to just defeating Trump, or if it includes sabotaging the entire GOP as much as possible and actively supporting Biden's agenda:
The leaders of the Lincoln Project are petulant childs who want to destroy their former toy because the big bad bully Trump stole it from them.
About their support for Biden's agenda:
Why dont these crooks bite the bullet and admit (to the public and themselves) that they have effectively turned into Democrats? :rolleyes:
Even the WaPo article itself admits in its summary that the guys behind the Lincoln Project want to destroy the GOP (and not just defeat Trump himself):

1. The ads they produce are better and more widely spread than any other group out there I'm aware of.
2. Attacking the people running it is a dumb and lazy tactic that sidesteps the point of the ads, which is to bring attention to Trump's unfitness.
3. The quote in the WaPo article has been misconstrued... I read it more as a threat to Republicans who will illegitimately obstruct Biden's effort at recovering the nation, rather than his broader ideological agenda.
4. The Republican party is rotten to the core and anyone who enabled Trump should be voted out of office. I, along with members of the Lincoln Project, hope that one day there's a serious center-right party in America. Right now the only sane choice is to elect Democrats.

This post was edited by IceMage on Jul 21 2020 03:05pm
Jul 21 2020 03:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 21 2020 02:05pm)
1. The ads they produce are better and more widely spread than any other group out there I'm aware of.
2. Attacking the people running it is a dumb and lazy tactic that sidesteps the point of the ads, which is to bring attention to Trump's unfitness.
3. The quote in the WaPo article has been misconstrued... I read it more as a threat to Republicans who will illegitimately obstruct Biden's effort at recovering the nation, rather than his broader ideological agenda.
4. The Republican party is rotten to the core and anyone who enabled Trump should be voted out of office. I, along with members of the Lincoln Project, hope that one day there's a serious center-right party in America. Right now the only sane choice is to elect Democrats.

I'd add a caveat to that. I'm actually okay with Republicans supporting Trump's agenda if they are ideologically consistent. Members of the GOP who are populist are fine. I disagree with them, but it's a legitimate political belief. The issue is when they turn a blind eye to his wrongdoings and enable the cult of personality. Folks like Jim Jordan, Nunes, McConnell, etc. need to go. People who vehemently disagree with Trump in private but do nothing in public, need to go.
Jul 21 2020 03:17pm
Quote (thundercock @ 21 Jul 2020 22:54)
That's not true. If you don't want the Dutch to win the World Cup, you will root for every team who plays against them. That's exactly what this is.

Also, Republicans in their current form are incapable of coming to the table when a Democrat is in office. To me, they've lost a lot of privileges b/c they don't operate in good faith.

If you want say Brazil to win the world cup and think that the Dutch are the strongest threat to them, you will root for all opponents of the Dutch, yes. But you will not root for their opponents to demolish them 7-0 because that would mean that your preferred Brazil then has to play against a surprisingly strong team which had just demolished strong opposition.

Quote (IceMage @ 21 Jul 2020 23:05)
4. The Republican party is rotten to the core and anyone who enabled Trump should be voted out of office. I, along with members of the Lincoln Project, hope that one day there's a serious center-right party in America. Right now the only sane choice is to Democrats electorally.

1. is a testament to how much the left sucks at meming and nasty attack ads.
2. the motivation of the people running these attacks on Trump does matter. Particularly since their attacks are often times twisted and disingenuous in how negatively they paint Trump. (That they're playing dirty doesnt mean that they arent right in their core point that Trump is unfit to lead the country through the current crises.)
3. That's how you read it, and I can accept that. But others will read the quote the way I did. Also... the TLP folks have no right to decide which kind of political strategy of the GOP is "legitimate" and which one isnt, lmao.
4. That's your opinion, as we all know, and I disagree, as we all know. Still... listen to yourself: "the only sane choice right now is Democrats". Is there really no truth in it when I polemically say that people like you and TLP have effectively become Democrats in this day and age, and that you just cant admit this fact to yourselves yet?
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 21 2020 03:21pm
Blue wave of tears incoming

Jul 21 2020 03:29pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 21 2020 02:21pm)

SCOTUS already threw that out before that tweet was tweeted haha
Jul 21 2020 03:30pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 21 Jul 2020 23:21)

Only if it passes the courts, which I somehow doubt. I'm not sure if this case will even reach the Supreme Court before Trump's term ends, but even if does, I think that's a prime occasion for John "protect my reputation at DC dinner parties" Roberts to switch sides and stab the conservative cause in the back once again.
Gold: 12,095.00
Jul 21 2020 03:30pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jul 21 2020 05:13pm)
I'd add a caveat to that. I'm actually okay with Republicans supporting Trump's agenda if they are ideologically consistent. Members of the GOP who are populist are fine. I disagree with them, but it's a legitimate political belief. The issue is when they turn a blind eye to his wrongdoings and enable the cult of personality. Folks like Jim Jordan, Nunes, McConnell, etc. need to go. People who vehemently disagree with Trump in private but do nothing in public, need to go.

Trump represents populism that’s how he won the most lobsided race in modern history. If you’re an elected republican you have to go with what your constituents want not cannibalize yourself just because a group of democrats decided what republicans should behave like otherwise they should be apathetic and have people vote in that are exponentially worse for the conservative platform.

Like how are social conservatives supposed to support democrats? Some of you guys care more about optics rather than legislation. “Trump is rude so might as well vote for people that want late term abortions, gay sex education, etc”. lolok
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1542543544545546983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll