d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1540541542543544983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5.77
Jul 20 2020 10:41pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 20 2020 09:39pm)
Oh, I get it. When things go bad in Trump's term, it's HIS fault. But when things go bad in Obama's term it's Trump's fault.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. I hated Obama and his Constitution defying authoritarian regime and I said so often. Doesn't make a fact any less fact. Fact is, we've had a whole bunch of fascist administrations in a row.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 20 2020 10:49pm
Quote (EndlessSky @ 21 Jul 2020 05:45)
Chris Wallace is a shameful cowardly lying faggot

Even if he were, which I dont think he is, then it still doesnt excuse why Trump couldnt find a better response to a well-intentioned question like the one Wallace asked him here:

Quote (ChrisWallace)
Whether it’s in 2021 or 2025, how will you regard your years as President of the United States? [...] But what about the good parts, sir?

There was no trickery and no trap in this question, it was a good faith, open-ended question and built a golden opportunity for Trump to tout his achievements, and/or to lay out which other policies and goals he would want to pursue during a second term.

In the middle of a reelection campaign, it should be easy for a candidate to recite the shortlist of his successes whenever given the opportunity to do so. Instead, what Trump delivered here was a completely self-absorbed, whiny, backward-looking monologue about how hard everything has been for him.

To quote Trump himself: "so SAD!!!"

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 20 2020 10:52pm
Gold: 260.11
Jul 20 2020 11:03pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 20 2020 11:49pm)
Even if he were, which I dont think he is, then it still doesnt excuse why Trump couldnt find a better response to a well-intentioned question like the one Wallace asked him here:

There was no trickery and no trap in this question, it was a good faith, open-ended question and built a golden opportunity for Trump to tout his achievements, and/or to lay out which other policies and goals he would want to pursue during a second term.

In the middle of a reelection campaign, it should be easy for a candidate to recite the shortlist of his successes whenever given the opportunity to do so. Instead, what Trump delivered here was a completely self-absorbed, whiny, backward-looking monologue about how hard everything has been for him.

Reminds me of the reporter asking "What would you say to Americans who are scared right now?" and he called her a terrible person and that she shouldn't attack him yadda yadda
Jul 20 2020 11:16pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 21 Jul 2020 07:03)
Reminds me of the reporter asking "What would you say to Americans who are scared right now?" and he called her a terrible person and that she shouldn't attack him yadda yadda

Showing empathy has never been his strong suit, to put it mildly. So I get why he botched that answer. But touting his own achievements is something that usually came naturally to him. Now, he can't even get that done anymore. :rolleyes:

With Trump in this pathetic form, the election will be a wipe out.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 20 2020 11:16pm
Jul 20 2020 11:29pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 21 2020 12:16am)
Showing empathy has never been his strong suit, to put it mildly. So I get why he botched that answer. But touting his own achievements is something that usually came naturally to him. Now, he can't even get that done anymore. :rolleyes:

With Trump in this pathetic form, the election will be a wipe out.

Yeah, the polls are nothing like last time. Last time Hillary was up by like 5% nationally but swing states were going both ways. This time Biden is up by almost 10% nationally and winning every single swing state by a healthy margin.

Unless something serious happens, this is gonna be a wipe out. Biden is further ahead than Hillary ever was.
Gold: 14,569.69
Jul 20 2020 11:32pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jul 20 2020 10:29pm)
Yeah, the polls are nothing like last time. Last time Hillary was up by like 5% nationally but swing states were going both ways. This time Biden is up by almost 10% nationally and winning every single swing state by a healthy margin.

Unless something serious happens, this is gonna be a wipe out. Biden is further ahead than Hillary ever was.

5 months ago I would of bet 1k that the stock market would collapse for bit if trump wasn't re elected.
do you think it might rebound knowing we might at a bare minimum improve race relations and deal with the virus more intelligently?
Jul 20 2020 11:33pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ Jul 21 2020 12:32am)
5 months ago I would of bet 1k that the stock market would collapse for bit if trump wasn't re elected.
do you think it might rebound knowing we might at a bare minimum improve race relations and deal with the virus more intelligently?

We could make huge progress as a nation and it wouldn't improve Trump's chances. The reason for that is Trump is doing nothing to lead us in that direction. He's stoked the flames of division at every turn, so no matter what happens he isn't going to get significant credit for it. Maybe if the economy would recover he would, a sitting president always gets credit for the current state of the economy for better or worse.
Jul 20 2020 11:44pm
Biden could still step into a scandal or embrace a policy that's really unpopular with the conservative-leaning half of the country.
And there is still the potential for one of the BLM protests to devolve into unprovoked violence in a way that causes chunks of the electorate to turn on them and come back into Trump's camp.
There could be a big terror attack that plays into Trump's hands.
The coronavirus could miraculously fade away, or infection rates remain high but deaths keep being down, and eventually, people lose their fear.

What these scenarios have in common, aside from being varying degrees of unlikely, is that they are completely out of Trump's control. He still has paths to reelection, but nothing he himself could do or say would put him back on one of these paths. He's depending on mistakes of his opponent or on a deus ex machina event to rescue him.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 20 2020 11:45pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 21 2020 07:24am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 21 2020 12:49am)

Lying and asking disingenuous questions is poisonous and destroys the thread of trust we have with the media. I dont think anyone actually cares that Trump was unprepared for one question in a twenty minute interview.
Gold: 5.77
Jul 21 2020 07:36am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Jul 21 2020 06:24am)
Lying and asking disingenuous questions is poisonous and destroys the thread of trust we have with the media. I dont think anyone actually cares that Trump was unprepared for one question in a twenty minute interview.

What lie was told? What disingenuous questions were asked?

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Jul 21 2020 07:37am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1540541542543544983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll