d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1539540541542543983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 20 2020 07:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ 21 Jul 2020 02:32)

A good and smart article. I wish I could disagree with it, but I cant. :mellow: :unsure:
Gold: 10,485.00
Jul 20 2020 07:15pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jul 20 2020 08:32pm)

Yeah, yeah. Trump doesn't present well. Not news to anyone.

I have to give the Natl. Review credit at least for admitting the reality of Trump's claims.

And of course, he’s not wrong. The sense of resentment he has channeled has been rooted in some important realities, and even his own sense that he has been treated unfairly by his opponents as president is not mistaken. Sure he has. But that this sense of resentment is chiefly what drives him, that he can’t see past it or point beyond it, has been a crucial factor in many of his biggest failures as an executive.

Do you think the next interview will be with Obama, about something like... Obamagate? Or maybe they could interview the FBI?

Don't think that's gonna happen.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 20 2020 07:19pm
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 20 2020 07:20pm
Quote (Ghot @ 21 Jul 2020 03:15)

I have to give the Natl. Review credit at least for admitting the reality of Trump's claims.

Do you think the next interview will be about something like... Obamagate? Or maybe they could interview the FBI?

The article hit right on the money though: Trump was given a golden opportunity by the interviewer to tout his achievements, to frame his first term in a positive light and lay out a rationale for why the country should give him a second term. Instead of catching the ball and running with it, he basked in self-pity and offered nothing but backwards-looking resentment.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 20 2020 07:20pm
Jul 20 2020 08:20pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 20 2020 09:20pm)
The article hit right on the money though: Trump was given a golden opportunity by the interviewer to tout his achievements, to frame his first term in a positive light and lay out a rationale for why the country should give him a second term. Instead of catching the ball and running with it, he basked in self-pity and offered nothing but backwards-looking resentment.

Trump doesn't DO... live. It's just a fact.

Well, I'm sure he CAN do live, just not the kind of live that the American public would like. I mean, you do know that, right? Remember Charlottesville?
Trump's ideas are good, he just doesn't "present" well.

Take Charlottesville... I'm sure what Trump was attempting to say was something like... "Both sides had good points to make, but the result was at best a... disaster. Maybe next time, each side could sit down with ther respective groups and come up with a speaker. Then those speakers could have sat down and each presented their opinions on the subject, and possibly taken... phone calls to see how the American public felt about the issues."

But what Trump came up with in a LIVE setting was: "There's really fine people on both sides". <---- As we all saw, that didn't "play" very well.

Yes, all you said is accurate. The National Review did give Trump the golden opportunity to....
tout his achievements, to frame his first term in a positive light and lay out a rationale for why the country should give him a second term

Unfortunately... Trump doesn't DO live. It's not one of his talents. IMHO, Trump's major talent is to stick to his guns no matter how the wind is blowing. Every time Trump get caught in the LIVE limelight, he fumbles.
NOT with his ideas or direction... but his lack of ability to handle... LIVE.

IF the Natl. Review had given Trump a list of questions beforehand, and a teleprompter on the set.... we would have had a much better presentation.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jul 20 2020 08:22pm
Gold: 2,617.52
Jul 20 2020 09:45pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 20 2020 09:20pm)

Chris Wallace is a shameful cowardly lying faggot
Gold: 5.77
Jul 20 2020 10:27pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 20 2020 06:15pm)

Do you think the next interview will be with Obama, about something like... Obamagate? Or maybe they could interview the FBI?

Is Obamagate the 680 miles of border fence Obama built?
Jul 20 2020 10:32pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jul 21 2020 12:27am)
Is Obamagate the 680 miles of border fence Obama built?

No. Obamagate is Obama illegally spying, using illegally gotten FISA warrants, based on illegally gotten fake dossiers.
Jul 20 2020 10:33pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jul 20 2020 02:03pm)
https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/st-louis-couple-charged-pulling-guns-protest-71885089

St Louis circuit attorney Kim Gardner announced she will press charges against the couple defending their home, after governor Mike Parson already declared he would pardon them if they were charged
Gardner then used her press conference to attack President Trump and Governor Parson and accuse them of distracting from the Covid-19 epidemic, as she wastes her prosecutors office on a completely fucking pointless case into a trivial incident while her city has been wracked with crime spree of actual murders and shootings

Democrats ftw

They weren't defending shit. What really pisses me off the most though is that Republicans seem not to give a single fuck about trigger discipline. These monkeys don't know how to use those guns and you people should be utterly embarrassed about it.
Jul 20 2020 10:35pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jul 20 2020 09:32pm)
No. Obamagate is Obama illegally spying, using illegally gotten FISA warrants, based on illegally gotten fake dossiers.

Don't you mean US intelligence, all lead and mostly staffed by Republicans, was investigating foreign spies and kept incidentally running into Trump campaign officials at every corner? Because that's what happened. Obama didn't crawl up inside Trump Tower like James Bond and hide in the walls and bug his golden shitter.

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Jul 20 2020 10:35pm
Jul 20 2020 10:39pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jul 21 2020 12:35am)
Don't you mean US intelligence, all lead and mostly staffed by Republicans, was investigating foreign spies and kept incidentally running into Trump campaign officials at every corner? Because that's what happened. Obama didn't crawl up inside Trump Tower like James Bond and hide in the walls and bug his golden shitter.

Oh, I get it. When things go bad in Trump's term, it's HIS fault. But when things go bad in Obama's term it's Trump's fault.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1539540541542543983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll