d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev153545556571036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 24 2020 02:03pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 24 2020 02:49pm)
So where does the Biden defense train go from here? I am ~75% confident that Biden's campaign was literally paying the Krassenstein brothers to spam Reddit with astroturfed smears against Tara Reade for the past week. It was so conspicuous and direct that it made me think Biden's campaign is jumping into overdrive to fight this because they know he's vulnerable, because ya know, he probably did it exactly like she said. This Larry King Live archive is going to change the game, he can't just outright deny it now, can he?

How many middle aged women in San Luis Obispo had daughters working for 'prominent senators' in august 1993, let alone those who accused them of sexual assault? And if both the Larry King audio is available and a sample of her mother's voice found for matching, that's going to be pretty hard to deny.

If Biden had hedged his bets and decided to downplay the event and say it was only something like his normal 'handsy' groping like he does to everyone, and try to match it to what Tara Reade had said in public before this year, that would be a defensible position. But instead after she came out, he denied it in full and said nothing ever happened and no complaint was ever filed. Presumably they checked to make sure records were either never filed or destroyed before taking that position and felt confident they could get away with the lie. And now the 2020 election might hinge upon a call-in to a Larry King show

i mean..... about half of the dems already aren't happy about Biden being the nominee, but would vote for him anyways. a sexual assault allegation wont change that, and they're not worried about looking like hypocrites, or they wouldnt have 70+ year old white dudes running in the first place.

what do you see happening? the DNC removes biden somehow and does what exactly? hands it to Bernie?
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 24 2020 02:06pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 24 2020 03:49pm)
So where does the Biden defense train go from here? I am ~75% confident that Biden's campaign was literally paying the Krassenstein brothers to spam Reddit with astroturfed smears against Tara Reade for the past week. It was so conspicuous and direct that it made me think Biden's campaign is jumping into overdrive to fight this because they know he's vulnerable, because ya know, he probably did it exactly like she said. This Larry King Live archive is going to change the game, he can't just outright deny it now, can he?

How many middle aged women in San Luis Obispo had daughters working for 'prominent senators' in august 1993, let alone those who accused them of sexual assault? And if both the Larry King audio is available and a sample of her mother's voice found for matching, that's going to be pretty hard to deny.

If Biden had hedged his bets and decided to downplay the event and say it was only something like his normal 'handsy' groping like he does to everyone, and try to match it to what Tara Reade had said in public before this year, that would be a defensible position. But instead after she came out, he denied it in full and said nothing ever happened and no complaint was ever filed. Presumably they checked to make sure records were either never filed or destroyed before taking that position and felt confident they could get away with the lie. And now the 2020 election might hinge upon a call-in to a Larry King show

Why can't he just continue to deny it? "I've never done anything like that." Defenses don't have to be rock solid to work.

I don't think this is that big of a deal. It may force the media to actually press him on it, but him and his campaign can manage this. Plus, he's running against who is on tape admitting to sexual assault and who has faced numerous credible allegations.
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 24 2020 02:09pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 24 2020 03:03pm)
i mean..... about half of the dems already aren't happy about Biden being the nominee, but would vote for him anyways. a sexual assault allegation wont change that, and they're not worried about looking like hypocrites, or they wouldnt have 70+ year old white dudes running in the first place.

what do you see happening? the DNC removes biden somehow and does what exactly? hands it to Bernie?

well if we assumed this had enough critical mass to actually sink biden, then the logical exit strategy is that he voluntarily leaves the race and endorses bernie, yes. Biden can still be a rational actor with an interest in beating Trump that would overcome his own ambitions. The establishment would never spring for this unless it was perceived as the lesser of two evils and more likely to result in an election victory, so the fallout from Reade's accusation would have to be utterly devastating. With the media carrying water for Biden so far its looked like he would just brush it off, but damning evidence makes that hard.

also, there's other even stranger options like just going full smoke-filled-room and drafting Cuomo at the convention. People are already talking about that. But there's plenty of moderates that could be sprung rather inoffensively into the race if Biden were to tuck tail, especially Klobuchar by virtue of not being a male rapist.

that said, I do think this scandal has a real danger to Biden that shouldn't be downplayed. Having Biden tainted by a rapist label will absolutely depress turnout and swing votes among white liberal women. The pussy hat brigade who nearly propped up Hillary Clinton would vanish. It might not make much of a difference to other critical demographics like the minority vote (which Trump has been so consistently targeting mind you), but its going to be very very hard for Biden to drum up the screeching harpy demographic while Tara Reade talks about how he grabbed her by the pussy.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Apr 24 2020 02:11pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Apr 24 2020 02:11pm
Man, this woman is irresistible. Who WOULDN'T sexually assault her?
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 24 2020 02:14pm
Quote (thundercock @ Apr 24 2020 03:11pm)

give her credit, she still aged better than an asian girl
Apr 24 2020 02:15pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 24 2020 01:14pm)
https://celebpie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/339f79fb084ea7e9639f78138ce256.jpeg

give her credit, she still aged better than an asian girl

Yikes, that's a woman who doesn't trim her pubes for sure.
Gold: 100,701.50
Apr 24 2020 02:16pm
Quote (thundercock @ Apr 24 2020 10:15pm)
Yikes, that's a woman who doesn't trim her pubes for sure.

Ask Joe about this
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 24 2020 02:18pm
LOL @anyone of you thinking that Biden would hand his nomination to Bernie if he had to drop out.

Quote (thesnipa @ 24 Apr 2020 22:03)

Hillary 2016: "It's her time"
Hillary 2020: "I am INEVITABLE"

Quote (IceMage @ 24 Apr 2020 22:06)
Why can't he just continue to deny it? "I've never done anything like that." Defenses don't have to be rock solid to work.

I don't think this is that big of a deal. It may force the media to actually press him on it, but him and his campaign can manage this. Plus, he's running against who is on tape admitting to sexual assault and who has faced numerous credible allegations.

I agree with you that he will be able to survive this scandal. If Trump could get away with far worse accusations, Biden will be able to survive this.

But I'm also in agreement with ^Goomshill that the obvious, glaringy hypocrisy will have bad electoral repercussions for the candidate of the party of #metoo and women's rights.

White, suburban women might very well be the decisive bloc of swing voters once again (they were pivotal for the Democrats in 2018, and afaik, they were also crucial in every election between 1992 and 2012), and like Goom says, such a scandal would depress turnout for Biden, at least among this one group of voters.
Apr 24 2020 02:18pm
Quote (Djunior @ Apr 24 2020 01:16pm)
Ask Joe about this

I was told that Joe was into little girls so I imagine that this woman's nether regions weren't really his type. Checkmate.
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 24 2020 02:20pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 24 2020 03:09pm)
well if we assumed this had enough critical mass to actually sink biden, then the logical exit strategy is that he voluntarily leaves the race and endorses bernie, yes. Biden can still be a rational actor with an interest in beating Trump that would overcome his own ambitions. The establishment would never spring for this unless it was perceived as the lesser of two evils and more likely to result in an election victory, so the fallout from Reade's accusation would have to be utterly devastating. With the media carrying water for Biden so far its looked like he would just brush it off, but damning evidence makes that hard.

also, there's other even stranger options like just going full smoke-filled-room and drafting Cuomo at the convention. People are already talking about that. But there's plenty of moderates that could be sprung rather inoffensively into the race if Biden were to tuck tail, especially Klobuchar by virtue of not being a male rapist.

that said, I do think this scandal has a real danger to Biden that shouldn't be downplayed. Having Biden tainted by a rapist label will absolutely depress turnout and swing votes among white liberal women. The pussy hat brigade who nearly propped up Hillary Clinton would vanish. It might not make much of a difference to other critical demographics like the minority vote (which Trump has been so consistently targeting mind you), but its going to be very very hard for Biden to drum up the screeching harpy demographic while Tara Reade talks about how he grabbed her by the pussy.

i just dont see anything here that will unseat him. could happen ofc, but i dont see it. this will be a footnote win or lose come election time.

Quote (thundercock @ Apr 24 2020 03:18pm)
I was told that Joe was into little girls so I imagine that this woman's nether regions weren't really his type. Checkmate.

he just likes to nuzzle his nose into a woman's hair, 6 year old head hair or 18 year old bush, doesnt matter. he's in there.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 24 2020 02:21pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev153545556571036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll