d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1538539540541542910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
Jun 5 2020 10:35am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 5 2020 11:33am)
Serious question, whatever happened with covid-19 and media cycle on it? It literally poofed overnight.

I thought 2nd wave was imminent, we need to be very slow at opening up, etc? All of that talk literally evaporated.

There were people clutching at pearls and articles being written how it’s irresponsible that moms were taking their kids to playgrounds and how we can’t be visiting our friends but now nothing on literally millions of people day after day rubbing shoulders protesting?

This is a prime of example of why so many people in my opinion are really distrustful of media. Something that was purported to be a concern of biblical proportions is no longer so at the drop of a dime.

I was hyped about Murder Hornets
Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 5 2020 10:40am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 5 Jun 2020 18:33)
Serious question, whatever happened with covid-19 and media cycle on it? It literally poofed overnight.

I thought 2nd wave was imminent, we need to be very slow at opening up, etc? All of that talk literally evaporated.

There were people clutching at pearls and articles being written how it’s irresponsible that moms were taking their kids to playgrounds and how we can’t be visiting our friends but now nothing on literally millions of people day after day rubbing shoulders protesting?

This is a prime of example of why so many people in my opinion are really distrustful of media. Something that was purported to be a concern of biblical proportions is no longer so at the drop of a dime.

Why do you need a second wave when you have the first one still running ? This "media cycle" saved hundred of thousands lives, because many people are now aware and use mask and take more social distancing, things we arent used in WEST.
Nobody want to kill old people like you do thanks god. I would wait winter before opening it.
Gold: 83.30
Jun 5 2020 10:46am
Quote (RedFromWinter @ Jun 5 2020 06:35pm)
I was hyped about Murder Hornets

Gold: 12,845.00
Jun 5 2020 10:57am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jun 5 2020 12:40pm)
Why do you need a second wave when you have the first one still running ? This "media cycle" saved hundred of thousands lives, because many people are now aware and use mask and take more social distancing, things we arent used in WEST.
Nobody want to kill old people like you do thanks god. I would wait winter before opening it.

I understand English is not your first language but it's not mine either and i fail to see how time after time you fail to understand even the most simple of questions.

I don't need nor want a second wave, nor do i want old people to die. I'm asking how concern over this virus was covered 24/7 and literally overnight it's not. Media covering and scaremongering was saving lives in mid to late May but literally overnight them covering won't be saving lives? Journalists were concerned about people visiting friends and family because of the virus but these same journalists have nothing to say how global protests with millions of people gathering is not a concern for virus spread?
Jun 5 2020 11:08am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 5 Jun 2020 18:57)
I understand English is not your first language but it's not mine either and i fail to see how time after time you fail to understand even the most simple of questions.

I don't need nor want a second wave, nor do i want old people to die. I'm asking how concern over this virus was covered 24/7 and literally overnight it's not. Media covering and scaremongering was saving lives in mid to late May but literally overnight them covering won't be saving lives? Journalists were concerned about people visiting friends and family because of the virus but these same journalists have nothing to say how global protests with millions of people gathering is not a concern for virus spread?

Usual "english" lowballing...

You still have coronavirus news every single day. Daily deaths being divided by 3 and almost all europe countries getting out of their first wave is probably helping in getting less bashed by it.

Again: thanks for the bashing, spared alot of lives.

Going further and start to bitch out on a second wave which 'is not coming' is another sign of intellectual deficiency: second wave may still come, later, autumn, winter.

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Jun 5 2020 11:09am
Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 5 2020 12:30pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 5 2020 09:33am)

That's how media cycles work. An extreme example of this phenomenon is 9/11. When something is more imminent, it's going to get more coverage. That doesn't mean that covid isn't important because it still is!
Gold: 260.11
Jun 5 2020 12:55pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 5 2020 11:33am)

Welcome to for-profit media. Want to change it? Change the regulations around media. That's the only way it's going to be any different.

Gold: 12,845.00
Jun 5 2020 12:57pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jun 5 2020 02:30pm)
That's how media cycles work. An extreme example of this phenomenon is 9/11. When something is more imminent, it's going to get more coverage. That doesn't mean that covid isn't important because it still is!

I like logical consistency. You can't tell me that corona wave 2.0 will be really bad so we need to stay home one day and then 24 hours later as people are protesting you have nothing to say on congregations of people that are hundred fold in context of virus spread.
Gold: 260.11
Jun 5 2020 01:05pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jun 5 2020 01:57pm)
I like logical consistency. You can't tell me that corona wave 2.0 will be really bad so we need to stay home one day and then 24 hours later as people are protesting you have nothing to say on congregations of people that are hundred fold in context of virus spread.

They are being logically consistent. They are pushing the stories that will make the most money in a fashion that will make them the most money.
Jun 5 2020 01:24pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 5 Jun 2020 20:57)

IMO what medias & most people didnt realize is that social distancing would become an habit and would lower propagation by a serious margin. Heat/Dry & Sun UVs is certainly helping it too.

Here in Paris or even in rural areas people are still using alot masks, even if almost everything is back to normal, while numbers are 10-20 times lower.
People are no longer shaking hands, it's a serious change. For how much time ? I dont know, maybe until the authorities clearly announce the end of pandemic (crossing immunity) or NOT.

I'm expecting the same is happening in US /e everywhere btw. C19 is now rampant.

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Jun 5 2020 01:32pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1538539540541542910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll