d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > October Invasion Of Israel
Prev15385395405415421177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 13 2023 05:32am
"animals" etc

Whatever it's Israel, Palestine, Or U.S : when religion meets nationalism/politics, things are going wild.

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Nov 13 2023 05:37am
Gold: 0.00
Nov 13 2023 05:44am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Nov 13 2023 01:32pm)
"animals" etc

Whatever it's Israel, Palestine, Or U.S : when religion meets nationalism/politics, things are going wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0yY5UbegtY

I agree although This video is very bad since it presents only one side. There are awful lot of pro-palestinian protests chanting the most horrible things.. the editor could have show it alongside.
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 13 2023 06:17am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ 13 Nov 2023 12:44)
I agree although This video is very bad since it presents only one side. There are awful lot of pro-palestinian protests chanting the most horrible things.. the editor could have show it alongside.

I know about the both sides... But I must say i searched for like 5 minutes videos on western side (in english, with english channels news) and alot of the documents seems to have a bias in favor of Israeli nationalists as example in 2 ways:
Even if a video title includes "right wing israeli nationalists" you will have:

- Instead of the chants/crazies: 1 western journalist facing camera and explaining things for like 4/5 of the video .
- Instead of the chants/crazies: A narrator saying things, generalizing on both sides, with videos of arab protests & street clashes (with palestinian flags) and alot of smoke from grenades .

So how badly things are presented, and since how long... Good question...
Gold: 45,309.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 13 2023 07:04am
I wonder about :

Calling for, aiding, or justifying the killing or harming of Palestinians in the name of ideology. Making dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Palestinians. Accusing all Palestinians as a people of being responsible for wrongdoing committed by a single group. Denying that what is happening in Gaza is ethnic cleansing and claiming its all made up numbers (The death toll). Denying Palestinians the right to self-determination. Drawing comparisons of contemporary Hamas policy to that of the Nazis and finally, Applying double standards re: the value of life, rights etc. when noting everything I just typed is taken from the definition of antisemitism but with a Palestinian slant.

I dont understand how Israel can hold up their charter re: antisemitism but will then use these same phrases against Palestinians.

On a side note, I read several articles relating to the 7th Oct attacks and how it is very difficult to physically and mentally kill a person, like what happened on that day. In this regard some of the rhetoric used by Israel is appropriate, noting you need to be in a very dark place mentally to do the things that happened that day. However, collectively calling all Palestinians animals is far down that slippery slope and the Israeli government got their at warp speed. In comparison to the terrorist attack, drone strikes, dropping bombs, pushing a button is very far removed from the horrors of that day and it appears that there is a degree of "out of sight out of mind", yet the death toll is now more then 10 times that of the terrorist attack.

making reference to the actual horrors of the terrorist attack, the details i mean, probably constitutes a suspension, which is the only reason I am not referencing them.

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 13 2023 07:11am
Nov 13 2023 07:16am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 13 2023 03:04pm)
I wonder about :

Calling for, aiding, or justifying the killing or harming of Palestinians in the name of ideology. Making dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical allegations about Palestinians. Accusing all Palestinians as a people of being responsible for wrongdoing committed by a single group. Denying that what is happening in Gaza is ethnic cleansing and claiming its all made up numbers (The death toll). Denying Palestinians the right to self-determination. Drawing comparisons of contemporary Hamas policy to that of the Nazis and finally, Applying double standards re: the value of life, rights etc. when noting everything I just typed is flipped from the definition of antisemitism but with a Palestinian slant.

I dont understand how Israel can hold up their charter re: antisemitism but will then use these same phrases against Palestinians.

On a side note, I read several articles relating to the 7th Oct attacks and how it is very difficult to physically and mentally kill a person, like what happened on that day. In this regard some of the rhetoric used by Israel is appropriate. However, collectively calling all Palestinians animals is far down that slippery slope and the Israeli government got their at warp speed. In comparison drone strikes, dropping bombs, pushing a button is very removed from the horrors of that day and it appears that there is a degree of out of sight out of mind.

Thats your own generalisations about the Israeli people.
I’m Israeli that don’t mind the self determination of Palestinians and I’m not generalise them at all.
There is a dissonance between everyone understanding that Hamas is a terror Organization that needs disappear and the way to do it which cost human life.
If any government in the world have a better way to do it or ever faced a similar situation and managed it better, I would have agree with 90% of what you wrote.
instead it seems like you (not only you, but people which “solves the dissonance”) are expecting Israel to send its troops to die since a dead soldier is OK over a dead civilian.
When this is what in stake here, I don’t know any western country to agree spearing its soldiers lives like that. More over, our country is very small and army service is mandatory. We all know people who are forced to fight in this war now. Our families. I will not support unnecessary soldier deaths from our side. That doesn’t mean I don’t support notifying the locals to evacuate and to assist them doing it in the best way we can..
it’s a complex situation and solving this “Hamas dissonance” is not something so simple as people here would like it to be.
I hope that helps you understanding our side of the coin.
Nov 13 2023 07:21am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ Nov 13 2023 01:16pm)
Thats your own generalisations about the Israeli people.
I’m Israeli that don’t mind the self determination of Palestinians and I’m not generalise them at all.
There is a dissonance between everyone understanding that Hamas is a terror Organization that needs disappear and the way to do it which cost human life.
If any government in the world have a better way to do it or ever faced a similar situation and managed it better, I would have agree with 90% of what you wrote.
instead it seems like you (not only you, but people which “solves the dissonance”) are expecting Israel to send its troops to die since a dead soldier is OK over a dead civilian.
When this is what in stake here, I don’t know any western country to agree spearing its soldiers lives like that. More over, our country is very small and army service is mandatory. We all know people who are forced to fight in this war now. Our families. I will not support unnecessary soldier deaths from our side. That doesn’t mean I don’t support notifying the locals to evacuate and to assist them doing it in the best way we can..
it’s a complex situation and solving this “Hamas dissonance” is not something so simple as people here would like it to be.
I hope that helps you understanding our side of the coin.

to be clear: when i say israel, i refer to the Israeli government. As I indicated to proximity yesterday, generalizations of Israel or jews, is by definition, antisemitic. if my post suggested I was stating all israeli's thought this way, then i apologise, obviously there are some wonderful palestinian, and israeli, and jewish and arab people, living alongside each other, and condemn what the israeli government is currently doing.

Note that nowhere did i advocate Israel to send its troops to die, and I was not advocating Israel to do what hamas did. when a snake comes into your house, you dont get down on your belly and fight fang to fang, you put on your boots and stamp on its head and kick it out the front door. in this instance, the international community is to my mind somewhat bemused that this is not what israel (government) did, targeted, precision strikes, killing the leadership of hamas, wherever they are, on the planet. instead we get 10000 dead and mass displacement of a civilian population. i am utterly unconvinced that the current policy/strategy will root out hamas, whereever they are sothat an attack like this will never happen again. I would go so far as to say that what is currently happening is guaranteed to ensure something like this will happen again. [ to stress: no one supports this, we merely highlight that if you kick a child long and hard enough, he is going to grow up with resentment and hard feelings ].

This post was edited by ferdia on Nov 13 2023 07:27am
Gold: 2,504.69
Nov 13 2023 07:31am
Quote (Goomshill @ Nov 10 2023 08:04pm)
I never bothered or figured out how to disable the notifications for this 5000+ reply thread. I just refresh jsp about 20 times and only click on a few names in the replies and I'd like to honor you penis hat as one of the few I've bothered to read. I think you can figure out a few I skip over

i had the same with hte joe biden thread. full pages of people id never bother to click!
Nov 13 2023 07:39am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 13 2023 03:21pm)
to be clear: when i say israel, i refer to the Israeli government. As I indicated to proximity yesterday, generalizations of Israel or jews, is by definition, antisemitic. if my post suggested I was stating all israeli's thought this way, then i apologise, obviously there are some wonderful palestinian, and israeli, and jewish and arab people, living alongside each other, and condemn what the israeli government is currently doing.

Note that nowhere did i advocate Israel to send its troops to die, and I was not advocating Israel to do what hamas did. when a snake comes into your house, you dont get down on your belly and fight fang to fang, you put on your boots and stamp on its head and kick it out the front door. in this instance, the international community is to my mind somewhat bemused that this is not what israel (government) did, targeted, precision strikes, killing the leadership of hamas, wherever they are, on the planet. instead we get 10000 dead and mass displacement of a civilian population. i am utterly unconvinced that the current policy/strategy will root out hamas, whereever they are sothat an attack like this will never happen again. I would go so far as to say that what is currently happening is guaranteed to ensure something like this will happen again. [ to stress: no one supports this, we merely highlight that if you kick a child long and hard enough, he is going to grow up with resentment and hard feelings ].

So I guess we will have to live with those “hard feelings”.
Israel’s administrator is something I didn’t chose and I’m against their policies.. I belong to other side of the political map.
That being said I’ll repeat what I already wrote in this thread, the Israeli people (Jews, Arab-Israeli, Druze, Bedouin.. ) were never more united behind our gov and our army. I believe Netanyahu needs to resign but I also believe that so far he is doing a good job managing the war..

/e
Yes, you didn’t wrote to send the troops in but in fact that’s what implies from the situation and the comments. What else do you suggest Israel should do ?

This post was edited by WhiteSouned on Nov 13 2023 07:40am
Nov 13 2023 08:13am
Quote (WhiteSouned @ Nov 13 2023 01:39pm)
So I guess we will have to live with those “hard feelings”.
Israel’s administrator is something I didn’t chose and I’m against their policies.. I belong to other side of the political map.
That being said I’ll repeat what I already wrote in this thread, the Israeli people (Jews, Arab-Israeli, Druze, Bedouin.. ) were never more united behind our gov and our army. I believe Netanyahu needs to resign but I also believe that so far he is doing a good job managing the war..

/e
Yes, you didn’t wrote to send the troops in but in fact that’s what implies from the situation and the comments. What else do you suggest Israel should do ?

its all a moot point now, could have should have, may have, its in the past, its too late to suggest something. ultimately we are here today and Israel (government) needs to figure out what it wants Israel (country) to look like tomorrow and in the years ahead. One has to accept that the Palestinian population is ever going to grow and that the jewish populations simply will not grow as fast contrary to what some people in this topic believe.
Nov 13 2023 08:32am
Quote (ferdia @ Nov 13 2023 04:13pm)
its all a moot point now, could have should have, may have, its in the past, its too late to suggest something. ultimately we are here today and Israel (government) needs to figure out what it wants Israel (country) to look like tomorrow and in the years ahead. One has to accept that the Palestinian population is ever going to grow and that the jewish populations simply will not grow as fast contrary to what some people in this topic believe.

That’s true.
Demographics are against the Jewish state.
I just look all over the globe and see none of what used to be big Jewish communities in the muslim countries. Jewish minority under muslim rule is a big no no.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15385395405415421177Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll