d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev152535455561036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 24 2020 09:10am
Quote (excellence @ 24 Apr 2020 16:57)

seems like the only people who cared about that on the left were Kamala the crooked cop and racist self-loathing privileged lefty white liberals. minorities were fairly pro-Joe in the primaries.

Latinos were not a monolithic voting bloc, but they leaned to Bernie, not Biden. At the end of the day, Blacks sticking with Biden and eventually supporting him in overwhelming numbers is what allowed him to stay in the race and outlast all the other candidates who would have been acceptable to the DNC (i.e. everyone but Bernie, Tulsi and Yang).
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 24 2020 09:13am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 24 2020 10:06am)
Of course it was a dirty attack that wasnt easy to counter. He could still have done a lot better countering it. For example by pointing out that busing was controversial even within the African Ameican community. Or that it was so unpopular that it was given up just a few years later, and for good reason.

But fine, you have given an explanation for his bad performance during the early debates. What's the explanation for his repeated atrocious campaign events in Iowa and New Hampshire, and for him still having horrible public appearances from time to time?

Those "woke rules" that the Democrats play by... could it be that they just suuuuuuuck?! ;) ^_^

Btw, and I know I've said this countless of times here on PaRD: Biden didnt win the primary based on his own strength, he won it because he was, despite huge personal shortcomings, still the the least flawed alternative to Bernie. The party establishment waited as long as it possibly could, hoping to find a better alternative. They didnt, so they said 'fuck it' and went with Biden.

if you wanted to make a compilation of Trump's flubs u could, same with Biden, or mayo pete, or HRC, or anyone who has 100+ hours of camera time to draw from.

yeah biden has said some weird ass shit, but he hasn't really been malicious as much as awkward. i can only speak personally, but when he goes full aggro against protesters its the most ive ever liked him. it makes me understand why trump voters love mean trump from a personal standpoint. but the "cornpop was a bad dude" moments, idk. just awkwardness. i dont see that as mental decline as much as him just trying and failing to connect with a younger generation or two.

Quote (excellence @ Apr 24 2020 09:57am)
seems like the only people who cared about that on the left were Kamala the crooked cop and racist self-loathing privileged lefty white liberals. minorities were fairly pro-Joe in the primaries.

the blacks love joe, sadly they arent a big enough voting pool so he has to appeal to what whites think is good for blacks, in hindsight, 40 years later.... lol

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 24 2020 09:14am
Gold: 4,404.67
Apr 24 2020 10:09am
Quote (thesnipa @ 24 Apr 2020 17:13)
ithe blacks love joe, sadly they arent a big enough voting pool so he has to appeal to what whites think is good for blacks, in hindsight, 40 years later.... lol

To be fair, Bernie was making inroads with younger blacks. Just not enough. It was the older blacks who overwhelmingly backed Biden.
So the same age split that we saw among whites between Bernie/Biden supporters was also there with blacks. Not as big, but it was there.
Hence, it's not like blacks are all totally unreceptive to more leftist policies or messaging. Older blacks just have a huge degree of loyalty to the Democratic party and its mainstream/establishment. Younger blacks... not so much.
Gold: 2,504.69
Apr 24 2020 10:34am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Apr 24 2020 11:09am)
To be fair, Bernie was making inroads with younger blacks. Just not enough. It was the older blacks who overwhelmingly backed Biden.
So the same age split that we saw among whites between Bernie/Biden supporters was also there with blacks. Not as big, but it was there.
Hence, it's not like blacks are all totally unreceptive to more leftist policies or messaging. Older blacks just have a huge degree of loyalty to the Democratic party and its mainstream/establishment. Younger blacks... not so much.

loyalty to the DNC, that's one way to see it. i think older blacks understand every decade or so a massive panderer comes along and promises to fix your neighborhood, lives, jobs, etc. then it fails, because they can't convince the mainstream to pay what it will cost. so they tend to just side with mainstream because they know platforms like Bernie's are a pipe dream bordering on outright lies.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 24 2020 10:35am
Gold: 285.00
Apr 24 2020 10:52am
Andrew Yang just emailed me asking to give money to Joe Biden.

Wtf.

Btw, never give money to the DNC guys, they will bother you for it forever. They've been asking for money since i donated like 20 bucks in 2008. I dodge them like i do my alumni association.
Gold: 22,164.69
Apr 24 2020 01:12pm
https://theintercept.com/2020/04/24/new-evidence-tara-reade-joe-biden/

new actual contemporary evidence emerges in the Tara Reade case

A transcript and hopefully soon audio have been recovered from an episode of the Larry King Live show on CNN from 1993 in which Tara Reade's mother called in and discussed anonymously and ambiguously about her daughter fearing retaliation from a prominent senator and being unwilling to go to the press. It match's Reade's account of talking to her mother about it, her mother urging her to go to the police, and telling her about calling into the Larry King show. Larry introduces her as calling from the same county Reade's mother lived in and the story matches Reades, and when the audio is available any doubt could be dispelled by analyzing the voice.

On August 11, 1993, King aired a program titled, “Washington– ‘The Cruelest City on Earth’?” Toward the end of the program, he introduces a caller dialing in from San Luis Obispo, California. Congressional records list August 1993 as Reade’s last month of employment with Biden’s Senate office, and, according to property records, Reade’s mother, Jeanette Altimus, was living in San Luis Obispo County. Here is the transcript of the beginning of the call:

KING: San Luis Obispo, California, hello.

CALLER: Yes, hello. I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington? My daughter has just left there, after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him.

KING: In other words, she had a story to tell but, out of respect for the person she worked for, she didn’t tell it?

CALLER: That’s true.

This also sends a shot across the bow of Biden's total denial:

The call also calls into question the credibility of Biden’s denial. Reade said that she filed a complaint about Biden’s harassment with Marianne Baker, effectively the office manager in the Biden office. The Biden campaign released a statement from Baker, which said that neither Reade nor any other employee had ever complained about improper behavior. “In all my years working for Senator Biden, I never once witnessed, or heard of, or received, any reports of inappropriate conduct, period — not from Ms. Reade, not from anyone,” Baker said in the campaign’s statement. “These clearly false allegations are in complete contradiction to both the inner workings of our Senate office and to the man I know and worked so closely with for almost two decades.”

So was she making up that she filed a complaint in 1993, and got her mother to believe it and call Larry King about it, and waited until 2016 to spring this elaborate trap?
Or did Joe Biden decide to take a strategic line in the sand with a lie and just got it exposed?
Gold: 285.00
Apr 24 2020 01:13pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Apr 24 2020 03:12pm)
https://theintercept.com/2020/04/24/new-evidence-tara-reade-joe-biden/

new actual contemporary evidence emerges in the Tara Reade case

A transcript and hopefully soon audio have been recovered from an episode of the Larry King Live show on CNN from 1993 in which Tara Reade's mother called in and discussed anonymously and ambiguously about her daughter fearing retaliation from a prominent senator and being unwilling to go to the press. It match's Reade's account of talking to her mother about it, her mother urging her to go to the police, and telling her about calling into the Larry King show. Larry introduces her as calling from the same county Reade's mother lived in and the story matches Reades, and when the audio is available any doubt could be dispelled by analyzing the voice.

This also sends a shot across the bow of Biden's total denial:

So was she making up that she filed a complaint in 1993, and got her mother to believe it and call Larry King about it, and waited until 2016 to spring this elaborate trap?
Or did Joe Biden decide to take a strategic line in the sand with a lie and just got it exposed?

But the other guys does it too.

Rape nullification.
Gold: 100,701.50
Apr 24 2020 01:24pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 24 2020 06:52pm)
Andrew Yang just emailed me asking to give money to Joe Biden.

Wtf.

Btw, never give money to the DNC guys, they will bother you for it forever. They've been asking for money since i donated like 20 bucks in 2008. I dodge them like i do my alumni association.

I once heard good comrades empty their wallets, or something along those lines ^_^

edit:

Quote (Skinned @ Apr 8 2020 10:15pm)
Only good komrades will empty them.

This post was edited by Djunior on Apr 24 2020 01:26pm
Apr 24 2020 01:28pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 24 2020 02:13pm)
But the other guys does it too.

Rape nullification.

and you are lynching negros!

I like the fact that enough someones somewhere were so buttblasted by their TDS they made a whole Donald Trump section in the Whataboutism wikipedia article. Its pretty normal for the site of course, but its the conspicuous stuff like that which gives me a chuckle.
Also, Biden's odds of surviving 2020 just dropped lower on this news cycle than if he had contracted Covid-19

Pretty rare for one of these he-said-she-said-30-years-ago rape accusations to have contemporary physical/verifiable evidence.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Apr 24 2020 01:28pm
Apr 24 2020 01:49pm
So where does the Biden defense train go from here? I am ~75% confident that Biden's campaign was literally paying the Krassenstein brothers to spam Reddit with astroturfed smears against Tara Reade for the past week. It was so conspicuous and direct that it made me think Biden's campaign is jumping into overdrive to fight this because they know he's vulnerable, because ya know, he probably did it exactly like she said. This Larry King Live archive is going to change the game, he can't just outright deny it now, can he?

How many middle aged women in San Luis Obispo had daughters working for 'prominent senators' in august 1993, let alone those who accused them of sexual assault? And if both the Larry King audio is available and a sample of her mother's voice found for matching, that's going to be pretty hard to deny.

If Biden had hedged his bets and decided to downplay the event and say it was only something like his normal 'handsy' groping like he does to everyone, and try to match it to what Tara Reade had said in public before this year, that would be a defensible position. But instead after she came out, he denied it in full and said nothing ever happened and no complaint was ever filed. Presumably they checked to make sure records were either never filed or destroyed before taking that position and felt confident they could get away with the lie. And now the 2020 election might hinge upon a call-in to a Larry King show
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev152535455561036Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll