d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2020 > Trump Vs. Pack O' Dems
Prev1525526527528529983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 260.11
Jul 16 2020 12:42pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 16 2020 12:59pm)
A person can wear many identity hats simultaneously.

Father, son, president, friend, Caucasian, businessman, etc.

It's his personal twitter handle, to me it's still a stretch to say that he is using his office to promote the brand.

Except he has said many times that his Twitter is considered official communication and he's sitting at his work desk in the photo. Seems the best argument you could make here that he's wearing two hats at once, and one of those hats should not be associated with specific products
Gold: 57.00
Jul 16 2020 12:46pm
i see the resident xenophobes and racists are out in full force (as expected) decrying anyone supportive of a minority-owned business
Gold: 14,569.69
Jul 16 2020 01:24pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 16 2020 09:40am)
Of course it is. Trump doesnt give a fuck, he's fighting for his political survival at the moment. He's not gonna let rules stand in his way when there's an opportunity to send a rare sign of strength amid a sea of bad news and the general sense of decline that's been surrounding him over the last weeks.

hanging with cans of beans might not be a sign of strength
Gold: 4,404.67
Jul 16 2020 01:40pm
Quote (theCrossbones @ 16 Jul 2020 21:24)
hanging with cans of beans might not be a sign of strength

A brand had made its support of Trump public, liberals called for a boycott, and now their sales are instead going through the roof. This shows that Trump still has "pull" with a certain segment of people.
And like I said, this also sends a signal to the rest of corporate America: "mess with me at your own risk, a backlash is still possible if you're too brazen in your opposition to me."
Gold: 14,569.69
Jul 16 2020 01:53pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jul 16 2020 12:40pm)
A brand had made its support of Trump public, liberals called for a boycott, and now their sales are instead going through the roof. This shows that Trump still has "pull" with a certain segment of people.
And like I said, this also sends a signal to the rest of corporate America: "mess with me at your own risk, a backlash is still possible if you're too brazen in your opposition to me."

therefore why its against the law.. which he is breaking
Gold: 2,504.69
Jul 16 2020 01:58pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 16 2020 01:28pm)
Maybe because i'm not that familiar with the oval office but from this pic i wouldn't immediately think he is in there. I bet vast majority of people are like me, i'v seen pics of it but usually you could see the full desk and you could actually see some of the office which makes it easily identifiable instead of a close up.

Is he promoting them? Yes.

Is he promoting them in an official capacity as the president of the US? To me that's still a stretch even with the named desk lol. If he was golfing with the Goya CEO and he said Goya has great products, i suspect the same people would be saying he abused his office so the desk somehow being proof that he is doing it in an official potus capacity is moot.

this is why Jimmy Carter sold his peanut farm, because to an honest man anything you do in office is done in an official capacity.

if u really think this is a stretch i honestly dont know what to say, POTUS is a powerful position for just these reasons. its why i cant name a single other sitting president who endorsed a single product, ever.

Quote (thundercock @ Jul 16 2020 03:13pm)
wat

yeah like idk wat to even say to that.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jul 16 2020 02:24pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Jul 16 2020 02:13pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Jul 16 2020 11:28am)
Maybe because i'm not that familiar with the oval office but from this pic i wouldn't immediately think he is in there. I bet vast majority of people are like me, i'v seen pics of it but usually you could see the full desk and you could actually see some of the office which makes it easily identifiable instead of a close up.

Is he promoting them? Yes.

Is he promoting them in an official capacity as the president of the US? To me that's still a stretch even with the named desk lol. If he was golfing with the Goya CEO and he said Goya has great products, i suspect the same people would be saying he abused his office so the desk somehow being proof that he is doing it in an official potus capacity is moot.

wat
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Jul 16 2020 02:17pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 16 Jul 2020 18:25)
It's really Trump flexing his muscle: "look, you urged people to boycott this brand for publicly supporting me, and it instead backfired badly and the brand's sales are going through the roof."
It's an indication that Trump's base is still there and still wields economic power. Trump's influence over his base has always been the true source of his power. It's the reason why he was able to bully the Republican party into obedience, it's the reason why twitter hasnt dared to shut down his account, it's the reason why most corporations used to tread very carefully on anything Trump-related.

In recent weeks, corporate America had been increasingly coming out in favor of the BLM protests and liberal causes in general, and increasingly aligned themselves with censorship of conservative voices.
By emphasizing the Goya-Beans-counterexample, Trump is sending a message to corporate America that his power is not broken (yet?) and that publicly turning on him poses a larger risk to their bottom line than they think.

is there anything trump could do that you wouldn't try to downplay / make excuses for? even the most blatant examples of his law breaking, racism, incompetence, nepotism, corruption... haven't given you ANY pause when it comes to your boot-licking. that's why it's called a cult btw...
Jul 16 2020 02:29pm
Quote (fender @ 16 Jul 2020 22:17)
is there anything trump could do that you wouldn't try to downplay / make excuses for? even the most blatant examples of his law breaking, racism, incompetence, nepotism, corruption... haven't given you ANY pause when it comes to your boot-licking. that's why it's called a cult btw...

I'm not excusing his behavior here, I'm explaining it. It is indeed a blatant abuse of power. What else do you want me to say?

"Oh no, now I see how wrong I was all the time. Trump is so corrupt and incompetent, how could I have ever supported such a man? All the horrible things he's done... but now that he's promoting a can of beans from inside the Oval Office... NOW he really crossed the line. Go Biden!"

Is that what you want to hear from me?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jul 16 2020 02:29pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1525526527528529983Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll