d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1515253545578Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
May 3 2013 04:42am
Leibniz > Newton
Gold: 655.00
May 3 2013 04:47am
Quote (brmv @ May 3 2013 06:39am)
but you didn't explain 'general relativity' including space curvature etc so whoever sees this get's a wrong understanding
and it doesn't explain why you can't go past the speed of light
and newton's apple is not an explanation but an anecdote about him having a 'flash of light'

a basic explanation that most any one could understand was what i gave.

the point is that light is a constant speed, not that you cant go faster then it, you can go faster then light, if you start off allready moving faster then it, though this introduces imaginary numbers which still is better then a divide by 0.

the apple represents a basic explantion of gavity.

all any oen is asking for is a basic explanation of e^(iπ)+1=0 akin to the many examples ive set forth.

if you have problems providing such a simple task, the only conclusion i can come to is that you dont understand what your talking about well enough to be talking about it, almost as though in the process of explaining the complexities you hope to come to a better understanding your self.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on May 3 2013 04:58am
Gold: 11,700.00
May 3 2013 05:13am
Quote (Ylem122 @ 3 May 2013 10:47)
a basic understand that most any one could understand was what i gave.

the point is that light is a constant speed, not that you cant go faster then it, you can go faster then light, if you start off allready moving faster then it, though this introduces imaginary numbers which still is better then a divide by 0.
the apple represents a basic explantion of gavity.
all any oen is asking for is a basic explanation of e^(iπ)+1=0 akin to the many examples ive set forth.
if you have problems providing such a simple task, the only conclusion i can come to is that you dont understand what your talking about well enough to be talking about it, almost as though in the process of explaining the complexities you hope to come to a better understanding your self.

i suggest you take your explanation in post #516 next sunday morning and tell those to people coming out of church and see how many understand and can then explain those to others
and don't forget "the equation e^(iπ)+1=0 is the special case of the more general complex function e^(iz)=cos(z)+i*sin(z) for z=π" see post#512
unfortunately without some grasp of basic complex analysis, what the exponential function does and/or sine and cosine it's quite difficult
but if you feel you can explain e^(iπ)+1=0 in simple terms without branching out into preliminary explanations, you are welcome

May 3 2013 06:30am
Quote (brmv @ May 3 2013 07:13am)
i suggest you take your explanation in post #516 next sunday morning and tell those to people coming out of church and see how many understand and can then explain those to others
and don't forget "the equation e^(iπ)+1=0 is the special case of the more general complex function e^(iz)=cos(z)+i*sin(z) for z=π" see post#512
unfortunately without some grasp of basic complex analysis, what the exponential function does and/or sine and cosine it's quite difficult
but if you feel you can explain e^(iπ)+1=0 in simple terms without branching out into preliminary explanations, you are welcome

so you dont plan on explaining it simply?

i dont know what the equation is or what it represents, i was hoping for a simple explanation from some one who fully understands it.

ive never had a person confused by the explanation in post 516, its what i use to explain the basics of relativity to people who arnt necessiarly sciency or interested, adding that when you explain something simply, even people who arnt interested can become intrigued.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on May 3 2013 06:33am
May 3 2013 06:51am
Quote (Ylem122 @ 3 May 2013 12:30)
so you dont plan on explaining it simply?
i dont know what the equation is or what it represents, i was hoping for a simple explanation from some one who fully understands it.
ive never had a person confused by the explanation in post 516, its what i use to explain the basics of relativity to people who arnt necessiarly sciency or interested, adding that when you explain something simply, even people who arnt interested can become intrigued.

you know that you have not explained the theory of relativity if you do not say more about time dilation - just a comment because from your statement i would not get that critical point
and no, imo the formula cannot be understood without some basic knowledge of complex analysis
but if someone can do it, i stay corrected
May 3 2013 07:03am
Quote (brmv @ May 3 2013 08:51am)
you know that you have not explained the theory of relativity if you do not say more about time dilation - just a comment because from your statement i would not get that critical point
and no, imo  the formula cannot be understood without some basic knowledge of complex analysis
but if someone can do it, i stay corrected

if some one wants to calcualte out the orbit of mercyry so that it matches the real orbit, i did a poor job.

if some one wants the basic understanding of how time, speed and the speed of light ae connected, i did a wonderful job.

imo, you just dont understand it well enough, e^(iπ)+1=0 that is.

its not that i want you to proove it, just explain it, how it reflets to the real world, how its used to show proof of god, and why some that think it as proof of god are wrong.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on May 3 2013 07:12am
May 3 2013 07:40am
Quote (Ylem122 @ 3 May 2013 13:03)
if some one wants to calcualte out the orbit of mercyry so that it matches the real orbit, i did a poor job.
if some one wants the basic understanding of how time, speed and the speed of light ae connected, i did a wonderful job.
imo, you just dont understand it well enough, e^(iπ)+1=0 that is.

sorry but i did not gain any understanding of time dilation from what you wrote, so i do not consider your explanation viable
but i have seen some quite simple explanation of the theory of relativity
the big difference is here that with the theory of relativity one speaks about something conceptual
while the formula e^(iπ)+1=0 like many other mathematical results have nothing to do with physical concepts
the concept of the theory of relativity we talked about when we were ~12 years old
not exactly sure where complex analysis fits in where you live, tried to google for some information, only thing i found was

SYLLABUS FOR MATH 552 (752I), SECTION 001, COMPLEX ANALYSIS from the University of South Carolina
and MATH2520 from the University of New South Wales (Australia)
you can check to see what the prerequisites are for those two courses to appreciate what is considered necessary to understand the formula from which e^(iπ)+1=0 is derived
May 3 2013 08:09am
Quote (brmv @ May 3 2013 09:40am)
sorry but i did not gain any understanding of time dilation from what you wrote, so i do not consider your explanation viable
but i have seen some quite simple explanation of the theory of relativity
the big difference is here that with the theory of relativity one speaks about something conceptual
while the formula  e^(iπ)+1=0 like many other mathematical results have nothing to do with physical concepts
the concept of the theory of relativity we talked about when we were ~12 years old
not exactly sure where complex analysis fits in where you live, tried to google for some information, only thing i found was

SYLLABUS FOR MATH 552 (752I), SECTION 001, COMPLEX ANALYSIS from the University of South Carolina
and MATH2520 from the University of New South Wales (Australia)
you can check to see what the prerequisites are for those two courses to appreciate what is considered necessary to understand the formula from which e^(iπ)+1=0 is derived

re read it, time dilates because light must stay constant which though observable evidence has proven to be constant, and distant/velocity are set values.

its not that i want you to proove it, just explain it, how it reflets to the real world, how its used to show proof of god, and why some that think it as proof of god are wrong. or atleast how it relates to these concepts in this thread.

i.e. the equation e^(iπ)+1=0 contains the 5 constants perfectly, and some see this pefect combination of the constants as a sign of an intelligent creator of the univers and the laws of physics, similar to how some people see the same in a bannana.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on May 3 2013 08:15am
May 3 2013 08:52am
Quote (Ylem122 @ 3 May 2013 14:09)
just explain it, how it reflets to the real world,it does not reflect anything specific in the real world, as said it has nothing to do with physical concepts
how its used to show proof of god,because it is a beautiful formula which contains 5 fundamental 'numbers': 0, 1, i (the square root of -1) and the two most commonly used transcendental numbers e and π (pi)
and why some that think it as proof of god are wrong.why should it be, it is just special case of a formula and looks beautiful [just e^(iπ)=-1 changed to have a 0 as well]
or atleast how it relates to these concepts in this thread. because someone called it "god's formula"?
i.e. the equation e^(iπ)+1=0 contains the 5 constants perfectly, and some see this pefect combination of the constants as a sign of an intelligent creator of the univers and the laws of physics, similar to how some people see the same in a bannana.

you got the answer how is was claimed to be 'godly' yourself

This post was edited by brmv on May 3 2013 09:06am
May 3 2013 09:09am
Quote (brmv @ May 3 2013 10:52am)
you got the answer how is was claimed to be 'godly' yourself

seemed like rather weak reasoning, i was expecting more to it, perhaps something to extent of it allowing infinite things to come from nothing. thanks for the explanation.

though on the other hand, its said that in coming up with e=mc^2 einstien said its how he felt god would have made it.

This post was edited by Ylem122 on May 3 2013 09:14am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1515253545578Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll