d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Immigration, Etc... > And Illegal Immigrants
Prev1505152535477Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 24 2018 10:23am

People in poor countries, or countries where things are out of hand, do want our help. When we try to give it, they say No, we just want to come to your country.

I see two problems with this.

One, they want us to bring our military to their country and do what they tell us to. That's not how it works.
Two, they want to come to our country and tell us how our country should work. That's not how it works.

Lastly, they want to come to our country, but for whatever reason, they don't want to go through channels (aka, do it legally). That's not how it works.

This is the American way, so to speak. If countries want our help, fine, but we will do it our way.
If folks want to come here, fine, but do it legally (aka our way).

You seem to understand that countries have their own culture and methods. Every country BUT the US it seems.

It is illegal in this country to cross our borders w/o permission. I see no grey area there. Anyone who does, is being borderline illegal themselves.
It's pretty simple bro.
What these refugees and immigrants are doing is ILLEGAL. Siding with these illegal activities, is pretty much... treasonous.
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 24 2018 10:34am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 24 2018 09:23am)
People in poor countries, or countries where things are out of hand, do want our help. When we try to give it, they say No, we just want to come to your country.

I see two problems with this.

One, they want us to bring our military to their country and do what they tell us to. That's not how it works.
Two, they want to come to our country and tell us how our country should work. That's not how it works.

Lastly, they want to come to our country, but for whatever reason, they don't want to go through channels (aka, do it legally). That's not how it works.

This is the American way, so to speak. If countries want our help, fine, but we will do it our way.
If folks want to come here, fine, but do it legally (aka our way).

You seem to understand that countries have their own culture and methods. Every country BUT the US it seems.

It is illegal in this country to cross our borders w/o permission. I see no grey area there. Anyone who does, is being borderline illegal themselves.
It's pretty simple bro.
What these refugees and immigrants are doing is ILLEGAL. Siding with these illegal activities, is pretty much... treasonous.

Use silver with your firing squad or things might get hairy

Perhaps a good way for us to help the issue is to stop pillaging the world and profiting off those that you see as threats and scammers

Accountability for our policies on both sides of these borders and improving OUR behavior might do some good
Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 24 2018 01:44pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 24 2018 12:49am)
I think you've been brainwashed. It isn't about who is more productive dollar for dollar. That changes with the times.
It's about who wants to be an American, and those that just want to live and work here.

Folks that don't want to BE Americans, need not apply.

Of course it is. That's what our immigration policy is for work visas. As far as I'm concerned, you're a leech if you make less than 100k and you should thanking the people who actually make a net contribution to our society.

In your mind, what does it mean to BE American? This country is so diverse in political, religious, ethnic, and cultural that I don't think you can define it well. The largest Vietnamese community in America is an hour's drive from me...many communicate in Vietnamese only, are atheist, etc. What are they to you?

This post was edited by thundercock on Jun 24 2018 01:45pm
Jun 24 2018 02:04pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 24 2018 12:34pm)
Use silver with your firing squad or things might get hairy

Perhaps a good way for us to help the issue is to stop pillaging the world and profiting off those that you see as threats and scammers

Accountability for our policies on both sides of these borders and improving OUR behavior might do some good

Imma just call you Benedict Beowulf from now on.

/e Recurring theme with you. Everyone is innocent except the US.

This post was edited by Ghot on Jun 24 2018 02:04pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 24 2018 02:39pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 24 2018 01:04pm)
Imma just call you Benedict Beowulf from now on.

/e Recurring theme with you. Everyone is innocent except the US.

Policies and actions have consequences

It's not anti-american or hateful to expect accountability and improvement upon said policies and actions

This country has potential and that's what i love about it but I do not live in a fantasy land where this country upholds its values consistently enough or takes enough responsibility for the harm caused and the damage done

Republicans love accountability don't they? or are those just words? Treasonous to expect compassion? Hatred of the US because I want us to live our words?

We can do more and we can do better. I believe that because I don't hate this country and I see a glimmer of what she can be someday because of people much better than I making significant sacrifices to help her along the way

That doesn't mean getting rid of all the right wingers or letting everyone come in unchecked it just means valuing decency and compassion and incorporating it into our values when it comes to treatment of vulnerable people everywhere.
Jun 24 2018 05:15pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 24 2018 04:39pm)
Policies and actions have consequences

It's not anti-american or hateful to expect accountability and improvement upon said policies and actions

This country has potential and that's what i love about it but I do not live in a fantasy land where this country upholds its values consistently enough or takes enough responsibility for the harm caused and the damage done

Republicans love accountability don't they? or are those just words? Treasonous to expect compassion? Hatred of the US because I want us to live our words?

We can do more and we can do better. I believe that because I don't hate this country and I see a glimmer of what she can be someday because of people much better than I making significant sacrifices to help her along the way

That doesn't mean getting rid of all the right wingers or letting everyone come in unchecked it just means valuing decency and compassion and incorporating it into our values when it comes to treatment of vulnerable people everywhere.

What countries besides the US take advantage of other countries?
Jun 25 2018 03:08am

Trump says illegal immigrants should be deported with 'no judges or court cases'

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-trump/trump-says-illegal-immigrants-should-be-deported-with-no-judges-or-court-cases-idUSKBN1JK0OL

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Sunday that people who enter the United States illegally should be sent back immediately to where they came from without any judicial process, likening them to invaders who are trying to “break into” the country.

This is how things should be done.
There is nothing stopping these people from applying for a visa or refugee approval BEFORE they enter the US.
Instead they choose to ignore our laws and just walk across the border.

We have US citizens who can't find decent legal representation. Yet an illegal alien can with no problem.
Gold: 2,504.69
Jun 25 2018 08:32am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 25 2018 03:08am)

We have US citizens who can't find decent legal representation. Yet an illegal alien can with no problem.

so what you're saying is that immigrants earn more and work harder to have savings than citizens. got it.
Jun 25 2018 02:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 25 2018 10:32am)
so what you're saying is that immigrants earn more and work harder to have savings than citizens. got it.

And you keep saying you're smart. Engrish much?

Not seeing judge does not mean immigrant due process rights trampled: White House

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-trump-court/not-seeing-judge-does-not-mean-immigrant-due-process-rights-trampled-white-house-idUSKBN1JL2PN

Trump, congresswoman clash as tempers flare over immigration

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration/trump-congresswoman-clash-as-tempers-flare-over-immigration-idUSKBN1JL1DS

Gold: 17,384.69
Jun 25 2018 02:30pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1505152535477Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll