d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Andy Ngo
Prev1495051525372Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,407.33
Jul 7 2019 05:43pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 7 2019 07:35pm)
I mean we can see a clear path to radicalisation in the groups we're talking about. They aren't just 'lone wolves'. They are part of communities that actively encourage eachother to greater acts of extremism until eventually someone takes it to the level of murder.

They're also roaming around in masks btw...

You can disagree that the method of violently assaulting people without immediate threat to your person is a poor way to stop these extremist groups and I would happen to agree with you in most cases. Like I've said many times - it gives ammo to the other side. But to downplay the threat that these groups pose is to play right into their hands as well.

The Milo thing was included kinda tongue in cheek. His rhetoric is common among the right however. The idea that journos should be murdered is not alien to their discourse.

These right wing groups absolutely do what antifa does, and worse tbh. Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys especially are all about starting fights - Antifa are mostly about self-defense and the defense of communities.

Stop lying.
antifa are open about their eagerness to attack people and 'by any means necessary' tactics, and there are countless videos proving they attack innocent people. Its not in self defense.
Meanwhile the proud boys only fight with antifa scum and they are the good guys for doing so.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Jul 7 2019 05:45pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Jul 7 2019 05:46pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 7 2019 04:35pm)
I mean we can see a clear path to radicalisation in the groups we're talking about. They aren't just 'lone wolves'. They are part of communities that actively encourage eachother to greater acts of extremism until eventually someone takes it to the level of murder.

They're also roaming around in masks btw...

You can disagree that the method of violently assaulting people without immediate threat to your person is a poor way to stop these extremist groups and I would happen to agree with you in most cases. Like I've said many times - it gives ammo to the other side. But to downplay the threat that these groups pose is to play right into their hands as well.

The Milo thing was included kinda tongue in cheek. His rhetoric is common among the right however. The idea that journos should be murdered is not alien to their discourse.
These right wing groups absolutely do what antifa does. Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys especially are all about starting fights.

in the US which is where my focus is on this far right wingers are mostly old and they talk a lot of shit. they say lock everyone up that they don't like they say racist shit they post racist memes weaponized patriotism all that junk generally pretty harmless physically their damage is done via voting, they are reliable voters and they are actually doing it how it should be done even though they are definitely wrong on many issues imo.

the left extremists are younger and younger people are going to make more poor decisions on the streets they have more energy and brains that aren't fully developed and that leads to more poor and impulsive physical actions

as I've already said in previous posts the "right wingers" that cruise the streets in the US from the groups you mentioned looking for trouble are much more bar fight biker gang types than real political radicals, plenty of racists? sure but they are living out a fantasy just like antifa are

You wanna take down the far right in the US have young people pull their heads out of their asses and vote reliably and locally

no violence no running around in masks if young people show up to vote they change how things are done. That's the legal way it's the morally sound way and it's the civilized way

Gold: 0.00
Jul 7 2019 05:47pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 8 Jul 2019 00:43)
Stop lying.
antifa are open about their eagerness to attack people and 'by any means necessary' tactics, and there are countless videos proving they attack innocent people. Its not in self defense.
Meanwhile the proud boys only fight with antifa scum and they are the good guys for doing so.

The Proud Boys are the good guys.

At least you took your mask off. Now everybody knows who you are.
Gold: 11,407.33
Jul 7 2019 05:50pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 7 2019 07:47pm)
The Proud Boys are the good guys.

At least you took your mask off. Now everybody knows who you are.

I dont need a mask. I'm not some scummy antifa coward.

Yes they are the good guys and are they are fully justified in fighting back against antifa.
Gold: 57.00
Jul 7 2019 05:53pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 7 Jul 2019 18:50)
I dont need a mask. I'm not some scummy antifa coward.

Yes they are the good guys and are they are fully justified in fighting back against antifa.

one thing’s for sure while the average antifa criminal scumbag is a privileged lefty they aren’t nearly as pale and pasty as their cowardly wannabe leader scaly

*LAUGH OUT LOUD*
Jul 7 2019 05:53pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 8 Jul 2019 00:46)
in the US which is where my focus is on this far right wingers are mostly old and they talk a lot of shit. they say lock everyone up that they don't like they say racist shit they post racist memes weaponized patriotism all that junk generally pretty harmless physically their damage is done via voting, they are reliable voters and they are actually doing it how it should be done even though they are definitely wrong on many issues imo.

the left extremists are younger and younger people are going to make more poor decisions on the streets they have more energy and brains that aren't fully developed and that leads to more poor and impulsive physical actions

as I've already said in previous posts the "right wingers" that cruise the streets in the US from the groups you mentioned looking for trouble are much more bar fight biker gang types than real political radicals, plenty of racists? sure but they are living out a fantasy just like antifa are

You wanna take down the far right in the US have young people pull their heads out of their asses and vote reliably and locally

no violence no running around in masks if young people show up to vote they change how things are done. That's the legal way it's the morally sound way and it's the civilized way

If there was no resistance you'd soon see why it was needed.

'The far right are generally harmless'?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/homegrown-terrorists-2018-were-almost-all-right-wing/581284/

Ok buddy.
Jul 7 2019 05:56pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 7 2019 04:53pm)
If there was no resistance you'd soon see why it was needed.

'The far right are generally harmless'?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/homegrown-terrorists-2018-were-almost-all-right-wing/581284/

Ok buddy.

millions and millions of of hardcore conservatives in the US that buy into all the far right shit and yes most of them are generally physically harmless

when I look at thing I keep in mind how many people there are out there and I don't let the internet echo chambers and exaggerating warp that realization
Jul 7 2019 05:59pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 8 Jul 2019 00:56)
millions and millions of of hardcore conservatives in the US that buy into all the far right shit and yes most of them are generally physically harmless

when I look at thing I keep in mind how many people there are out there and I don't let the internet echo chambers and exaggerating warp that realization

Uhuh. Millions of them buy into that shit. None of them are harmless. They all contribute to the stochastic terrorism that occurs with alarming regularity in the US.

You think voting will change their minds?

Kinda too late for that once the fash are running the white house isn't it?

This post was edited by TransTankie on Jul 7 2019 06:01pm
Jul 7 2019 06:03pm
Quote (TransTankie @ Jul 7 2019 04:59pm)
Uhuh. Millions of them buy into that shit. None of them are harmless. They all contribute to the stochastic terrorism that occurs with alarming regularity in the US.

You think voting will change their minds?

lol I've lived side by side by meme conservatives that believe all the nonsense most of my life from midwest to west coast

they will spout fox news and all the random political rumors they heard or just made up

they vote republican from top to bottom and outside of politics they are just people. we go to church together we help each other we co-exist fine

they are just people with flaws and with good qualities I think when someone on the left forgets that they are not being principled
Jul 7 2019 06:11pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 8 Jul 2019 01:03)
lol I've lived side by side by meme conservatives that believe all the nonsense most of my life from midwest to west coast

they will spout fox news and all the random political rumors they heard or just made up

they vote republican from top to bottom and outside of politics they are just people. we go to church together we help each other we co-exist fine

they are just people with flaws and with good qualities I think when someone on the left forgets that they are not being principled

Ofc they do. Most people want to be good people. They're not trying to cause harm. That's why we approach deradicalisation by first gaining an understanding of the issues people face and the reasons they believe what they do. Your average conservative is just a dumb bigot... they're not trying to be hateful they're just ignorant.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1495051525372Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll