d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Immigration, Etc... > And Illegal Immigrants
Prev1495051525377Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,485.00
Jun 23 2018 10:46pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 23 2018 11:00pm)
I'll be happy when people like you stop labeling all of them rapists and drug dealers and scammers and threats

that doesn't in any way suggest I support open borders I support this country holding itself to the highest decency standard even to those that are desperate and walk across a border

Dehumanizing people does not do anything other than make it even easier for hateful people to support their malicious leaders in treating people unjustly

We do not hold up to this country's values by solely attacking the most vulnerable in a circumstance where we have played a role in their desperation and profit off of those that don't get caught

I will be happy when the words that "patriots" so often speak about this country become true through action

There ya go again. You either want the US to let anyone in (which you deny), or you want to blame us for their plight.
You not only aren't a patriot, you really do seem to hate the US w/e it does.
If the US goes one way, you're against it, if it goes the other, you're against it.

Hillary, the crook, that gets you wet, lost. Deal with it.
Deal with it as a patriot.
Gold: 4,404.67
Jun 23 2018 11:03pm
Quote (Beowulf @ 24 Jun 2018 05:00)
I'll be happy when people like you stop labeling all of them rapists and drug dealers and scammers and threats

that doesn't in any way suggest I support open borders I support this country holding itself to the highest decency standard even to those that are desperate and walk across a border

Dehumanizing people does not do anything other than make it even easier for hateful people to support their malicious leaders in treating people unjustly

We do not hold up to this country's values by solely attacking the most vulnerable in a circumstance where we have played a role in their desperation and profit off of those that don't get caught

I will be happy when the words that "patriots" so often speak about this country become true through action

what you and other lefties and (closet) open borders enthusiasts dont get is the following: in the future, we will have to make a decision between either upholding our values and moral standards, or keeping our wealth and peace.
with an every increasing world population, diminishing natural resources and so on, we wont be able to have both.

mankind desperately needs to downsize back to a sustainable level. we can talk about moral standards and "one world one destiny" again when the world population has shrunk to a sustainable ~2 billion people by 2150. but during the next 100 or so years, the civilized world will have to protect its achievements and not get overrun by poverty, chaos, religious fanaticism and irresponsibility.

this is "the fall of the roman empire" all over again. and the roman empire was not followed by love, happiness and progress, no, it was followed by centuries of regression.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 23 2018 11:05pm
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 23 2018 11:11pm
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 23 2018 09:46pm)
There ya go again. You either want the US to let anyone in (which you deny), or you want to blame us for their plight.
You not only aren't a patriot, you really do seem to hate the US w/e it does.
If the US goes one way, you're against it, if it goes the other, you're against it.

Hillary, the crook, that gets you wet, lost. Deal with it.
Deal with it as a patriot.

just like I've stated before my allegiance will always be to the vulnerable from poverty stricken areas and not exclusive to those in the US

I don't hate the US, I try daily to not hate anything or anyone and fair criticism isn't hatred

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 23 2018 10:03pm)
what you and other lefties and (closet) open borders enthusiasts dont get is the following: in the future, we will have to make a decision between either upholding our values and moral standards, or keeping our wealth and peace
with an every increasing world population, diminishing natural resources and so on, we wont be able to have both. .

we can talk about moral standards and "one world one destiny" again when the world population has shrunk to a sustainable ~2 billion people by 2150. but during the next 100 or so years, the civilized world will have to protect its achievements and not get overrun by poverty, chaos, religious fanaticism and irresponsibility.

Without upholding values there is no peace just survivors of violence

also nice post
Jun 24 2018 02:17am
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 24 2018 01:11am)
just like I've stated before my allegiance will always be to the vulnerable from poverty stricken areas and not exclusive to those in the US

There's no problem with wanting to help the vulnerable. Go help them all you want.
Just don't bring them all here.

It's simple math, there are far more vulnerable people in the world, than this country can support.
You can feel however you want about that, but it won't change the numbers.

I can almost read your mind right now...but we can help many more than we are helping now.
That would be true if you were the ONLY person thinking that way. You're not.

You and those like you will keep bringing people here until it's far past too late. Then we will just have yet another third world country.
That's WHAT a 3rd world country is... a country that is unable to support it's population, so it drags everyone down.

You wanna help the down trodden, fine. Go to their country and help them. Join the Peace Corps, w/e.
Just don't destroy this country in the process.

Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 24 2018 02:37am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 24 2018 12:17am)
There's no problem with wanting to help the vulnerable. Go help them all you want.

It's simple math, there are far more vulnerable people in the world, than this country can support.

I can almost read your mind right now...but we can help many more than we are helping now.

You and those like you will keep bringing people here until it's far past too late. Then we will just have yet another third world country.
That's WHAT a 3rd world country is... a country that is unable to support it's population, so it drags everyone down.

You wanna help the down trodden, fine. Go to their country and help them. Join the Peace Corps, w/e.

I'm pretty sure the people who make less than 100 grand per year are the ones destroying this country. The ones who make less than that amount, take more in social benefits than they pay in.

Immigrants tend to work A LOT harder and cheaper than Americans so they are more productive dollar for dollar. I think the ideal scenario would be to take in more immigrants and then force uneducated, less productive Americans out of the country. Maybe we can have an exchange program?
Jun 24 2018 02:49am
Quote (thundercock @ Jun 24 2018 04:37am)
I'm pretty sure the people who make less than 100 grand per year are the ones destroying this country. The ones who make less than that amount, take more in social benefits than they pay in.

Immigrants tend to work A LOT harder and cheaper than Americans so they are more productive dollar for dollar. I think the ideal scenario would be to take in more immigrants and then force uneducated, less productive Americans out of the country. Maybe we can have an exchange program?

I think you've been brainwashed. It isn't about who is more productive dollar for dollar. That changes with the times.
It's about who wants to be an American, and those that just want to live and work here.

Folks that don't want to BE Americans, need not apply.
Gold: 21.93
Jun 24 2018 03:40am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 24 2018 07:49pm)
I think you've been brainwashed. It isn't about who is more productive dollar for dollar. That changes with the times.
It's about who wants to be an American, and those that just want to live and work here.

Folks that don't want to BE Americans, need not apply.

Oh bullshit, just say brown people like you mean and be honest for once in your life.
Jun 24 2018 07:01am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 24 2018 01:17am)

That's the ironic part I'm not as extreme in my view as you are in yours yet you always put extreme positions on me that I so not hold.

Everything with you is extreme
They are all scammers
They are all rapists
They all benefited from drug dealing
If someone supports compassionate treatment of the vulnerable they want open borders
If we want out values upheld we want all third world poor people in this country
Don't agree with me and far right thinking? Leave this country
Don't agree with me? You hate this country

I live in reality and the reality is doing as much as I reasonably can with what I have. I have a vote I use it. I have a voice and a brain I use them. I have a conscience I follow it. I don't hold any extreme positions because nothing gets done in a positive way when the focus is always generalizing and overreacting like what you do.

They are not my enemy. I will not treat them poorly for being poor and I will not support anyone with power that wishes to label them this country's enemy or a threat as a whole. They are not who destroys our economy they are not who lock our people in cages for crimes the wealthy break every day. They are not who sabotage this country for greed with corruption. They are not to blame for our problems. They are mostly poor and vulnerable people that want exactly what I wanted. I got out and I hope they find a way to as well.
Jun 24 2018 09:49am
Quote (Beowulf @ Jun 24 2018 09:01am)
That's the ironic part I'm not as extreme in my view as you are in yours yet you always put extreme positions on me that I so not hold.

Everything with you is extreme
They are all scammers
They are all rapists
They all benefited from drug dealing
If someone supports compassionate treatment of the vulnerable they want open borders
If we want out values upheld we want all third world poor people in this country
Don't agree with me and far right thinking? Leave this country
Don't agree with me? You hate this country

I live in reality and the reality is doing as much as I reasonably can with what I have. I have a vote I use it. I have a voice and a brain I use them. I have a conscience I follow it. I don't hold any extreme positions because nothing gets done in a positive way when the focus is always generalizing and overreacting like what you do.

They are not my enemy. I will not treat them poorly for being poor and I will not support anyone with power that wishes to label them this country's enemy or a threat as a whole. They are not who destroys our economy they are not who lock our people in cages for crimes the wealthy break every day. They are not who sabotage this country for greed with corruption. They are not to blame for our problems. They are mostly poor and vulnerable people that want exactly what I wanted. I got out and I hope they find a way to as well.

Well, I am extreme in my thinking. I was a lot like you when I was younger. I was wrong.

But you definitely misunderstand one thing. I don't think all immigrants are the enemy, just the illegal ones. Just the ones that want to come to the US and set up a little section of the UDS as a tiny version of their country.
I don't mind cultural differences, as long as it's kept on an individual basis. Maybe as big as say a family size. I don't wanna see pl;aces in MY country where people are holding meetings and rallies to start something that is horribly against the American way.
I don't do things like that when I go to other countries, and I don't expect it here.

By the way, you are seriously extreme in your assumption that all evil comes from the corporations or the rich.
Jun 24 2018 10:04am
Quote (Ghot @ Jun 24 2018 08:49am)
Well, I am extreme in my thinking. I was a lot like you when I was younger. I was wrong.

But you definitely misunderstand one thing. I don't think all immigrants are the enemy, just the illegal ones. Just the ones that want to come to the US and set up a little section of the UDS as a tiny version of their country.
I don't mind cultural differences, as long as it's kept on an individual basis. Maybe as big as say a family size. I don't wanna see pl;aces in MY country where people are holding meetings and rallies to start something that is horribly against the American way.
I don't do things like that when I go to other countries, and I don't expect it here.

By the way, you are seriously extreme in your assumption that all evil comes from the corporations or the rich.

I don't often use the word evil because I believe it takes away responsibility from those that cause harm knowingly and maliciously

In my world there are predators prey and protectors and although all can do harm and all can do good those that are abused and vulnerable through no true fault of their own should not face the harshness and continued mistreatment that they so often do

Those with wealth and power are not villains because they have one or both one becomes one by how they use their wealth and power and once it's used to pursue maximum greed while causing devastating harm to those less fortunate they become the problem that the poor pay the price for

My views are not related to my age but because I was once prey and now I believe I am obligated to do my part to protect those in hopes that they too one day have a chance to experience more freedom, more safety, more opportunity

I don't believe my obligation stops at the border of tribal land nor the border of this country. Extreme poverty is Hell and the areas hit hardest are often because of abuse of wealth and power by this very country in varying ways and degrees
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1495051525377Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll