d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1495051525363Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.76
Oct 13 2015 03:41am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 9 Oct 2015 02:44)
yep but only if they are baptized by full immersion

http://www.magarchive.tcu.edu/images/2008-04/AM%20Blessing%20animals.jpg

Cat's thinking******* 'Somebody's about to get seriously fucked-up'
Gold: 0.20
Oct 13 2015 07:57am
If my soul (if i have one) could cruise around the universe sure.
Gold: 260.11
Oct 13 2015 08:57am
For God loved us so much he sent himself as a sacrifice to himself to appease his own blood lust and save us from himself.
Oct 13 2015 09:34am
Quote (Thor123422 @ 13 Oct 2015 09:57)
For God loved us so much he sent himself as a sacrifice to himself to appease his own blood lust and save us from himself.

You know my story, I don't want to come across as a Christian apologist but your one sentence is rather false.

Imagine for a bit that there is a deity, that somehow planted the seed of life here on earth which is a pretty great planet all in all. Then consider mankind and all that we've accomplished. Since we are for the moment believing in the deity let's believe in heaven or at least another plane where our soul(conscious mind) goes if we please Him. Now look at the earth the gift of life on earth he gave us and what have we done with it? We've raped the earth to such a degree that warning signals are going off but still the pillage continues because it's cost effective and easy. We've evolved into thinking logical humans who can solve enormous problems we can create rockets that fly into space. Yet we solve our differences by brute force.

What a disappointment, What failures humankind is we've fucked up a really good thing. This Deity really loves the man wants his project to work out and he knew the root problem he made the inhabitants human and humans are inherit screw-ups. So he decides to take the blame and goes down to earth And try to give man some guidance and set up some leadership, and show his great love for them by taking on their sins and dying a mortal death while being without sin himself. Through his love he's given them a way to join him in heaven. That is why god came down. According to a Christianish view.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 14 2015 01:13am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ 13 Oct 2015 18:34)
I don't want to come across as a Christian apologist but your one sentence is rather false.

no kiddin

This post was edited by the_rest on Oct 14 2015 01:36am
Oct 14 2015 03:18am
Quote (the_rest @ 14 Oct 2015 02:13)
no kiddin

don't get mouthy or I'll put you over my knee
Gold: 186.16
Oct 15 2015 06:29pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 13 2015 03:34pm)
You know my story, I don't want to come across as a Christian apologist but your one sentence is rather false.

Imagine for a bit that there is a deity, that somehow planted the seed of life here on earth which is a pretty great planet all in all. Then consider mankind and all that we've accomplished. Since we are for the moment believing in the deity let's believe in heaven or at least another plane where our soul(conscious mind) goes if we please Him. Now look at the earth the gift of life on earth he gave us and what have we done with it? We've raped the earth to such a degree that warning signals are going off but still the pillage continues because it's cost effective and easy. We've evolved into thinking logical humans who can solve enormous problems we can create rockets that fly into space. Yet we solve our differences by brute force.

What a disappointment, What failures humankind is we've fucked up a really good thing. This Deity really loves the man wants his project to work out and he knew the root problem he made the inhabitants human and humans are inherit screw-ups. So he decides to take the blame and goes down to earth And try to give man some guidance and set up some leadership, and show his great love for them by taking on their sins and dying a mortal death while being without sin himself. Through his love he's given them a way to join him in heaven. That is why god came down. According to a Christianish view.

Sorry, but I DO want to come across as an apologist and your sentence is also incorrect. We didn't evolve from lower life forms. All of the technological advances of man are nothing in the eyes of God. He made them all possible and in 200 years, the ones that exist today are going to seem very primitive. We haven't arrived as mankind would so like to think in his arrogant pride against God. The rest of what you said, I agree with. Jesus came down to save arrogant, prideful, sinners if they will humble themselves before Him and place their faith in Jesus Christ, believing in their heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for their sins.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2015 06:42pm
Quote (xfrodobagginsx @ 16 Oct 2015 00:29)
Sorry, but I DO want to come across as an apologist and your sentence is also incorrect. We didn't evolve from lower life forms. All of the technological advances of man are nothing in the eyes of God. He made them all possible and in 200 years, the ones that exist today are going to seem very primitive. We haven't arrived as mankind would so like to think in his arrogant pride against God. The rest of what you said, I agree with. Jesus came down to save arrogant, prideful, sinners if they will humble themselves before Him and place their faith in Jesus Christ, believing in their heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for their sins.

If you want to come across as an apologist you'll have to do better than that. That's some pretty piss-poor apologetics right there. Even Sye Ten Bruggencate can do better than that.

You're coming across as a preacher. Your post is utterly devoid of apologetic arguments.
Gold: 11,345.00
Oct 15 2015 06:57pm
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 15 2015 05:42pm)
If you want to come across as an apologist you'll have to do better than that. That's some pretty piss-poor apologetics right there. Even Sye Ten Bruggencate can do better than that.

You're coming across as a preacher. Your post is utterly devoid of apologetic arguments.

I wish i had the opportunity to shadow you for a little while. You're such a curious specimen i wonder if your online persona is the same as real life. Like do you constantly walk around just being edgy and always looking for some sort of verbal confrontation?

Gold: 0.00
Oct 15 2015 07:10pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 16 Oct 2015 00:57)
I wish i had the opportunity to shadow you for a little while. You're such a curious specimen i wonder if your online persona is the same as real life. Like do you constantly walk around just being edgy and always looking for some sort of verbal confrontation?

No. I spend my time laughing, chatting, eating, drinking, fucking and playing music and when I do disagree with someone they don't get all butthurt about it because I surround myself with friends who are mature and rational enough to have a discussion that isn't just sitting around agreeing with eachother and reinforcing their delusions.

This post was edited by Scaly on Oct 15 2015 07:14pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1495051525363Next
Closed New Topic New Poll