d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1495051525378Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
May 1 2013 07:51am
Quote (CPK001 @ 30 Apr 2013 10:35)
Now in regards to the 5 billion people, they can be changed one disciple at a time. So not all will enter the kingdom of Heaven, some people just will not listen until it is too late.
Their hearts are hardened and we will mourn their loss when they feel the reality of Hell. The message is not there to brainwash you but to warn you. It is up to you to heed the warning.
We will not stop warning you either. You will be warned until the day you die.

Can you believe that?
eternal damnation for faults committed during a single earthly existence?
That is not justice, it is put equal to the creator imperfect human beings.
some religions still need to impose the law of fear in people because of their ignorance and moral backwardness.

consistent with yourself.
you would like to see your mother or father going to hell as you go to heaven?
need to get out of the obscurity that has blinded mankind for 1200 years.

Gold: 7,252.72
May 1 2013 07:53am
Quote (El Shadday @ May 1 2013 09:51am)
Can you believe that?
eternal damnation for faults committed during a single earthly existence?
That is not justice, it is put equal to the creator imperfect human beings.
some religions still need to impose the law of fear in people because of their ignorance and moral backwardness.

consistent with yourself.
you would like to see your mother or father going to hell as you go to heaven?
need to get out of the obscurity that has blinded mankind for 1200 years.

...you are comparing mans perverse sense of justice with Gods' perfect justice . It doesn't work that way , you have elevated yourself above the Almighty .
Retired Moderator
Gold: 848.00
Trader: Trusted
May 1 2013 08:05am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 1 May 2013 10:53)
...you are comparing mans perverse sense of justice with Gods' perfect justice . It doesn't work that way , you have elevated yourself above the Almighty .

I do not do that.
the misinterpretation of scripture make people believe.
God is unconditional love and perfect, does not judge, does not condemn.
offers numerous opportunities for our moral and intellectual growth.

fail, pay, fail again, pay again, until the time comes to tire of suffering, then we seek our improvement.

is the way it goes in our lives with everyone.
Gold: 7,252.72
May 1 2013 08:13am
Quote (El Shadday @ May 1 2013 10:05am)
I do not do that.
the misinterpretation of scripture make people believe.
God is unconditional love and perfect, does not judge, does not condemn.
offers numerous opportunities for our moral and intellectual growth.

fail, pay, fail again, pay again, until the time comes to tire of suffering, then we seek our improvement.

is the way it goes in our lives with everyone.

...you have created what I call a " Chinese menu " religion borrowing from Buddhism , Spiritualism , Christianity and Gnosticism , choosing one from column A , two from column B , one from column C with a large side order of heterodoxy .
Gold: 285.00
May 1 2013 08:15am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ May 1 2013 09:13am)
...you have created what I call a " Chinese menu " religion borrowing from Buddhism , Spiritualism , Christianity and Gnosticism , choosing one from column A , two from column B , one from column C with a large side order of heterodoxy .

That is a good metaphor.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
May 1 2013 03:02pm
Quote (CPK001 @ May 1 2013 04:10am)
That is why I said below that you should copy and paste the bolded to see the site where I found it from.
Don't need to since I'm intimately familiar with it. Just thought it was funny that you posted an incorrect version of it.

Gold: 722.53
Warn: 10%
May 1 2013 05:31pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ May 1 2013 08:13am)

I guess mine is a Chinese Menu as well. :cry:
Gold: 0.00
May 2 2013 09:27pm
Quote (brmv @ May 1 2013 09:30pm)
you understand the formula?

If you think you understand it then go right ahead and explain it to me in words that even I can understand.

Quote (bentherdonethat @ May 1 2013 11:18pm)
Nice Strawman. That's not any conclusion that I have ever come to. But since you brought it up, my conclusion from having read the Bible is that it's a work of semi-historical fiction, and that there's no reason to believe either that Yahweh is real or that Jesus was the son of any god.

Have you ever noticed that the Bible explains things in detail? Back from post #1 "conspiracy theorists usually have a very simple explanation."

I also listed a few examples where it does explain in detail. A lot of work was put into this book. Tell me, how far would you be willing to go to write a book for everyone, if it was a lie, to make sure everything made sense and written in detail?
Would you spend your whole lifetime trying to write this book?

And now you've gone into a religious spiel. You plainly made a horrible argument back there in post 445.

So I take it you're one of those 5 billion people who won't listen until it is too late then? If you died today, where do you think you will end up?
The only 'mistake' I made in post 445 is not to say 'those' 5 billion people but instead, 'YOU' as a part of the 5 billion people.

Are you backing away from this statement?

Nope. Where is your faith?
Gold: 1.00
May 2 2013 09:33pm
a person goes where he chooses. asking a person if they died today is an illogical question because it doesn't include a story. no one dies without a story.

why did god make man for a time and then give up?
Gold: 11,700.00
May 2 2013 11:42pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 3 May 2013 03:27)
If you think you understand it then go right ahead and explain it to me in words that even I can understand.

to be able to do that you have to tell me a bit about your mathematical knowledge - what do you know about the exponential function, ie e^x or exp(x), and/or power series?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1495051525378Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll