d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Shot At Rally In Pa
Prev1495051525385Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 46,068.00
Jul 14 2024 04:44pm
Quote (zorzin @ 15 Jul 2024 06:40)
The more I read into this, the more I realize that this kid was a genius. He just had a bad shot.

His line of sight on that roof was perfect
He initially evaded all law in the area
His mere gaze frightens a cop off a ladder
Every angle the secret service had on him was suboptimal

It's like he knew where they'd be ahead of time

I am more worried about the current state of American division than him being a genius.
A Stable , strong and robust America is relatively better for the world at large.

This is extremely burdensome to everyone.
Not to mention an America that can balance out conservatives and progressives with both allowing one another to live and let live and not spread / crusade ideologues in an intense manner to other parts of the world is extremely beneficial to growth world wide.
Gold: 1,445.00
Jul 14 2024 04:46pm
I could see the scenario where special services have a hard time working with Trump and getting him to comply/agree with their procedures. That doesn’t excuse their complete incompetence. I’d rather not jump to other wild conclusions, but they sure make it difficult.
Gold: 22,164.69
Jul 14 2024 04:52pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Jul 14 2024 05:44pm)
I am more worried about the current state of American division than him being a genius.
A Stable , strong and robust America is relatively better for the world at large.

Not to mention an America that can balance out conservatives and progressives with both allowing one another to live and let live and not spread / crusade ideologues in an intense manner to other parts of the world is extremely beneficial to growth world wide.

My running question for years now is whether the cycle of constant escalation would push us over the edge into catastrophe, or if we could fall back into civility. It seemed like there would be no organic crest, no point at which it just stops on its own, so would we reach a critical event at which either the country could destabilize and break out into chaos and the democracy be broken, or it could snap us back to reality and give people a reason to unify. Seminal moments like this. We've been in a car traveling at high speeds falling asleep at the wheel, and the moment we hit those rumble strips, will we wake up and drive straight or will we tumble off the road, roll over and hit a tree and burst into flames?

I'm hoping this is the former. It doesn't matter who wins the election between Trump and Biden as much as whether the country can get back to a civil path. If Trump gets a second term and the democrats go down the same path as they did for his first term, with endless witch hunts, sabotage, spying, leaking, charges and riots and burning down cities- we're not going to return to civility. If Republicans decide to fight fire with fire and prosecute all Trump's political opponents, hold inquisitions and lock up journalists and mass arrest protesters and give them decades in prison because we disagree with their politics- we're not going to return to civility.

People are acting like Trump being shot at is some unprecedent gigantic escalation, but the truth is its one very small step on the long road up to this point. Democrats have been arguing Trump should be put in prison for life, they are literally seeking to give him hundreds of years of prison time over some completely made up bullshit charges, ones that would find Biden guilty on the same theory and evidence. Tell me, what is the difference between killing someone and putting them in prison for life? I've said before in arguments about the death penalty that its a pretty minor functional difference, a life sentence is just as brutal. Democrats wanted Trump in prison for life, this kid wanted him dead, a pretty minor extra step from one official policy to one unofficial policy the democrats had already been toying with anyway
Jul 14 2024 04:58pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 15 Jul 2024 06:52)
My running question for years now is whether the cycle of constant escalation would push us over the edge into catastrophe, or if we could fall back into civility. It seemed like there would be no organic crest, no point at which it just stops on its own, so would we reach a critical event at which either the country could destabilize and break out into chaos and the democracy be broken, or it could snap us back to reality and give people a reason to unify. Seminal moments like this. We've been in a car traveling at high speeds falling asleep at the wheel, and the moment we hit those rumble strips, will we wake up and drive straight or will we tumble off the road, roll over and hit a tree and burst into flames?

I'm hoping this is the former. It doesn't matter who wins the election between Trump and Biden as much as whether the country can get back to a civil path. If Trump gets a second term and the democrats go down the same path as they did for his first term, with endless witch hunts, sabotage, spying, leaking, charges and riots and burning down cities- we're not going to return to civility. If Republicans decide to fight fire with fire and prosecute all Trump's political opponents, hold inquisitions and lock up journalists and mass arrest protesters and give them decades in prison because we disagree with their politics- we're not going to return to civility.

People are acting like Trump being shot at is some unprecedent gigantic escalation, but the truth is its one very small step on the long road up to this point. Democrats have been arguing Trump should be put in prison for life, they are literally seeking to give him hundreds of years of prison time over some completely made up bullshit charges, ones that would find Biden guilty on the same theory and evidence. Tell me, what is the difference between killing someone and putting them in prison for life? I've said before in arguments about the death penalty that its a pretty minor functional difference, a life sentence is just as brutal. Democrats wanted Trump in prison for life, this kid wanted him dead, a pretty minor extra step from one official policy to one unofficial policy the democrats had already been toying with anyway

This is terrible in all sense really...

All these kerfuffle is denying Americans from being a resilient , cohesive society with a strong sense of solidarity. Americans must be more Robust in such situations.
Things must go back on track and there needs to be a stronger and more vigorous bipartisan central to get her back on track.

It is good for Americans and it is good for the world. Just hope you guys work it out really.
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
Jul 14 2024 05:03pm
Quote (Tocino @ Jul 14 2024 06:46pm)
I could see the scenario where special services have a hard time working with Trump and getting him to comply/agree with their procedures. That doesn’t excuse their complete incompetence. I’d rather not jump to other wild conclusions, but they sure make it difficult.

how do you get this conspiracy when Trump got shot and had to duck himself.

it's not like Trump was given any warning. although it does appear that security detail was aware of the shooter far before the shooting.
how you can pretend this is Trump's fault while saying you don't want to jump to "other wild conclusions".
buddy, that's the wildest conclusion yet that Trump wasn't complying with protection.
Gold: 2,002.00
Jul 14 2024 05:03pm
Quote (Hamsterbaby @ Jul 14 2024 06:44pm)

That will never happen. We need to get rid of the two party system.
Gold: 1.73
Jul 14 2024 05:09pm
Quote (Fgs @ 14 Jul 2024 19:03)

I agree, and this will never happen until we have house/senate term limits.
Gold: 5,356.00
Trader: Trusted
Jul 14 2024 05:12pm
Jul 14 2024 05:15pm
Quote (Fgs @ 15 Jul 2024 07:03)

Well, it is up to the good people in America to make that move, but it seems that Traditional / Social and even independent media is pulling everyone apart.
Partisan politics have pitted the American people into a Good and Evil fight to the death Domestically and Internationally.

Not sure how you guys are going to work it out. The world is a lot more dangerous than the Cuban Missile crisis.

What America needs is a Kennedy / Nixon / Reagan ( Although some of the mentioned is flawed ) in our day and age. Those that I mentioned might be flawed in some ways or another. But they still keep things in line with civility.
Gold: 1,445.00
Jul 14 2024 05:24pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Jul 14 2024 04:03pm)
how do you get this conspiracy when Trump got shot and had to duck himself.

it's not like Trump was given any warning. although it does appear that security detail was aware of the shooter far before the shooting.
how you can pretend this is Trump's fault while saying you don't want to jump to "other wild conclusions".
buddy, that's the wildest conclusion yet that Trump wasn't complying with protection.

Every event probably has some level of threat(s) that are constantly being evaluated by secret service. If they took Trump off the stage for every potential incident it would be bad for Trump’s image. I don’t think it’s unlikely that Trump has these kind of conversations with SS. He doesn’t want to ruin his speech and image, unless they are certain of imminent danger. I don’t mean to blame Trump, I actually applaud him for his bravery.

Obviously the SS failed, but at the same time their job is hard. Especially if they could not visually confirm a rifle. It would be pretty horrible publicity to kill some photographer kid climbing a ladder to take a long “shot”.

Edit: typos

This post was edited by Tocino on Jul 14 2024 05:32pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1495051525385Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll