d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Iran Boogaloo
Prev14567883Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Jan 3 2020 05:20am
Quote (fender @ 3 Jan 2020 11:38)
what i'm saying is that this whole thing didn't START with attacks on US airbases - that's just a narrative chosen to make it look like americans are merely 'defending themselves' while indiscriminately bombing the shit out of people in a region they have no business being in to start with.

this whole framing of the issue very much suggests a very simplistic and shortsighted take of who the bad guys are, when in fact there are almost no good actors in this.

without that choice, one could just as well describe the attacks on US airbases as "consequence" of american terrorism on foreign soil - and with that i don't mean their killing of the terrorists they helped create in the first place, those are still bad guys of course, but the mindblowing body count amongst middle eastern civilians, directly and indirectly affected by america's warmongering.

so when you talk about "state-sponsored attacks", that is pretty ironic, even though i'm sure that's lost on you, as usual. but again, you're just a hack trying to defend whatever trump's latest take on the whole 'interventionist' issue is, so it's hardly surprising to see you bend over backwards to justify warmongering, after you defended abandoning one of the very rare good causes, under the guise of 'NON-interventionism'...

Indeed, this whole thing didnt start with attacks on US airbases. And yes, the U.S. have committed a lot of mistakes.

But let's not forget what Soleimani did to become the target of this airstrike in the first place: he was the public face and the mastermind behind Iran's foreign policy adventures. He was the man in charge when the Hezbollah destabilized Lebanon and launched rockets on Israel. The Quds Forces under his command funneled equipent to the Houthi rebels in Yemen and thus was one of the main factors for the continuation of this war[1]. He was orchestrating the Iranian attempts to seize control of the Iraqi government, his allied militias were the ones who violently knocked down the recent insurgence by ordinary Iraqis with hundreds of casualties, he is believed to have been behind the siege of the US embassy from 2 days ago. His forces were also one of the main actors during the Syrian civil war.

[1] I still believe that the war crimes by the Saudi-led alliance are worse than those of the Houthis, I would assign something like 66% of the moral guilt for the atrocities of the war in Yemen on the Saudis and 33% on the Houthis/their Iranian masterminds.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jan 3 2020 05:21am
Gold: 285.00
Jan 3 2020 06:12am
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 2 2020 11:27pm)
You do have a funny definition of ''popular uprising"
There's been a popular uprising in Iran against the regime after the new gas tax in november. There's been a popular uprising in Iraq against the Iranian backed government for the past 3 months
But armed militia members of a Hezbollah military unit (+2 more) backed by Iran, waving Hezbollah flags, led by the three top commanders of those militias- including the guy who just got his melon Gallagher'd- the same militias who were slaughtering the popular uprising against the regime- led an assault on the US embassy and you call it a popular uprising.

Because I'm looking at the coverage and people are dancing in Baghdad right now to celebrate the strikes;
https://twitter.com/saraassaf/status/1212920600508936192?s=21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saY604j0yCM

You see things through a very tinted lense. A large mob of people gathered with no resistance state or otherwise to take an embassy.

That is a popular uprising sir. No matter how you try to HRC/Beghazi that shit lol.

Even if they hate Iran they also hate the dude's that took their electricity a decade ago.

Quote (excellence @ Jan 2 2020 11:38pm)
quite a few never-Trumper election-deniers are going to be confused on how to approach this until the anti-American media and (D) party provides them the 'required response'

Take his dick out of your mouth and BREATH!

Quote (balrog66 @ Jan 3 2020 02:13am)
I ain't mourning over the dude, just hope this isn't going to escalate further than it already has.

It's also very odd how many people here suddenly approve of hawkish behaviour when Trump does it.

They were literally doves an hour ago.

What happened when people are devoid of values and only care about winning.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 3 2020 03:04am)
I think they approve of this behavior because Iran was begging for it and had to be put in its place. The quasi-siege for the US embassy on new years day, clearly arranged and steered by Iranian proxy forces, was one provocation too much.

It was in Baghdad. Iranians forces aren't operating in the open at the capital of their enemy.

You might as well blame the KGB for the Ferguson riots.

The people of Mesopotamia do not want Americans and Persians fighting in their territory matter how you guys spin this.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 3 2020 06:20am
Jan 3 2020 06:20am
Quote (Skinned @ 3 Jan 2020 13:12)
It was in Baghdad. Iranians forces aren't operating in the open at the capital of their enemy.

You might as well blame the KGB for the Ferguson riots.

It's really no secret that the Shiite militias in Iraq are under heavy influence by Iran.
Jan 3 2020 06:22am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 3 2020 07:20am)
It's really no secret that the Shiite militias in Iraq are under heavy influence by Iran.

You sure they love being occupied. That isn't emasculating at all.

So this is the move let the Kurds get butchered through betrayal and start a war with Iran in the North?

We get our war and Putin's dick is still in our mouth?

This is a result of Lavrov vs Trump.

Curious how this will play out. I know the dude leading us in this is a pathological liar so it is a wait and see thing.

And military generals are fair target for assassination I guess. But it opens a door on our service people.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 3 2020 06:34am
Gold: 2,504.69
Jan 3 2020 06:52am
"we want an end to these pointless endless wars in the middle east" trump voters.

"yeah bomb those fuckers" also trump voters.

yuck.
Jan 3 2020 07:02am
Quote (thesnipa @ 3 Jan 2020 13:52)
"we want an end to these pointless endless wars in the middle east" trump voters.

"yeah bomb those fuckers" also trump voters.

yuck.

yeah, lets conveniently ignore the months of provocation by Iran, which largely went unanswered by Trump.

wanting to end the pointless endless wars in the middle east does not, and should not, mean that we take any arbitrarily large amount of shit and abuse. when attacks by Iranian proxy forces killed US personnel and they marched on the US embassy a few days later, a line was crossed and a military answer had to be given.

do I think that it was necessary, or wise, to start with such a drastic step, assassinating one of Iran's very top guys? no - but I can see the rationale behind this strike, and I largely agree with it. wouldnt have chosen such a risky path if I had been in charge, but it's not unreasonable.
Jan 3 2020 07:04am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 3 2020 07:02am)
yeah, lets conveniently ignore the months of provocation by Iran, which largely went unanswered by Trump.

wanting to end the pointless endless wars in the middle east does not, and should not, mean that we take any arbitrarily large amount of shit and abuse. when attacks by Iranian proxy forces killed US personnel and they marched on the US embassy a few days later, a line was crossed and a military answer had to be given.

do I think that it was necessary, or wise, to start with such a drastic step, assassinating one of Iran's very top guys? no - but I can see the rationale behind this strike, and I largely agree with it. wouldnt have chosen such a risky path if I had been in charge, but it's not unreasonable.

you're of course right, all that provocation was far worse than 9-11 and we all love the Afghan war in hindsight. :rolleyes:
Jan 3 2020 07:05am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 3 2020 08:02am)

Didn't Trump pull out of an important resolution negotiated by a previous president because he knows everything?

There has literally been nothing on the news about provocation from Iran.

What has Iran done to trigger the assassination of one of their lead military guys?

There isn't even a Gulf of Tonkin incident here.

You are clearly delusional. If you are not then link the posts where we have been discussing these things, as we would as they happened. These things would not have been not talked about, nor are they in the news, local or international.

Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 3 2020 08:04am)
you're of course right, all that provocation was far worse than 9-11 and we all love the Afghan war in hindsight. :rolleyes:

911 wasn't blowback.

We can do what we want and kill who we want with impunity.

/s

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 3 2020 07:09am
Jan 3 2020 07:09am
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 3 2020 07:05am)
Didn't Trump pull out of an important resolution negotiated by a previous president because he knows everything?

There has literally been nothing on the news about provocation from Iran.

What has Iran done to trigger the assassination of one of their lead military guys?

There isn't even a Gulf of Tonkin incident here.

You are clearly delusional. If you are not then link the posts where we have been discussing these things, as we would as they happened. These things would not have been not talked about.

oil tanker got shot.

isn't it great that we've evolved? oil is no longer the in-the-shadows motivation, it's on the front page.
Jan 3 2020 07:11am
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 3 2020 08:09am)
oil tanker got shot.

isn't it great that we've evolved? oil is no longer the in-the-shadows motivation, it's on the front page.

We would probably shoot down their drones and attack their ships if they were off the coast of Florida without permission :lol:

Compulsory military services or active drafting for conflicts like what will result form this distraction would end this sort of stuff before it began.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 3 2020 07:14am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567883Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll