d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Chelsea Clinton Changes 2016 Election Dynamic
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Apr 24 2014 04:10pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Apr 24 2014 02:55pm)
I'm not a warmonger at all, I just don't trust Rand to come to the defense of our sworn, treaty-bound allies and to dissuade China from destabilizing the Pacific.

For the sake of freedom of trade, freedom of movement, and freedom of information an authoritarian regime with a long track record of censorship, ethnic nationalism, and economic blackmail can't be allowed to politically subdue an entire subcontinent in which half the worlds population dwells.

In retrospect, I think McCain would have been a good man to have had in the White House for the past six years. I dislike his economic policy but I think his threats would be credible. Obama is in over his head. Kerry too, I'm glad he lost even if it meant more Bush 2. I think Clinton has the global reputation and profile to be an effective commander in chief.
Gold: 500.00
Apr 24 2014 05:21pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 24 2014 05:10pm)
In retrospect, I think McCain would have been a good man to have had in the White House for the past six years.  I dislike his economic policy but I think his threats would be credible.  Obama is in over his head.  Kerry too, I'm glad he lost even if it meant more Bush 2.  I think Clinton has the global reputation and profile to be an effective commander in chief.

would anyone want to run the risk of mccain croaking and having barbie as our president?
Gold: 11,407.33
Apr 24 2014 07:06pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 24 2014 07:21pm)
would anyone want to run the risk of mccain croaking and having barbie as our president?

Id much rather have Palin than McCain. (although she isnt someone i would advocate in general)
idc if she wears a clown costume and starts a hip hop band. (actually that might be fun to watch)
McCain is a classic example of a war mongering corporatist neocon funded by the big banks who staunchly advocates trampling on our privacy and civil liberties.
And that is not me getting carried away either. Hes the poster child old man for most things in government that I abhor.(particularly from the republican side)

He has already done enough damage to this country from the senate.
Whether it was advocating the war in Iraq, war in syria, opposition to habeas corpus, patriot act support etc
Hes the type of politician that wants to ban or tax away all the things he doesn't like, whether its banning MMA, gay marriage or imposing even stricter mandatory penalties in the war on drugs.

Some of his only saving graces are his lower tax/freer trade policies, and you guys dont like that from what i can tell.

You know whats worse than a president that doesn't go through with his moronic threats to invade and bomb people? One who does.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Apr 24 2014 07:14pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 24 2014 07:14pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Apr 24 2014 06:21pm)

Gold: 226.37
Apr 24 2014 08:48pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 24 2014 05:10pm)
In retrospect, I think McCain would have been a good man to have had in the White House for the past six years.  I dislike his economic policy but I think his threats would be credible.  Obama is in over his head.  Kerry too, I'm glad he lost even if it meant more Bush 2.  I think Clinton has the global reputation and profile to be an effective commander in chief.

Obama has handled Ukraine poorly until now and badly mismanaged the crisis in Syria and has failed to achieve American objectives with respect to Iran. Iraq and Afghanistan have also not turned out as well as hoped, but he doesn't deserve all of the blame for that.

His foreign policy in Asia hasn't been that bad. Japan and the Philippines are deeper within the American orbit and inroads have been made with the various states in SE Asia. I'd say he's been weak with Taiwan and has been a witness to a definite warming of ties between S.Korea and China, which are the two things I'm most disappointed with.

Cambo - Rand would be fine with respect to Israel, and the Israelis will act on their own if they have to. I'm worried with respect to China and Russia.

I admire China in a lot of ways, but I won't let that come in the way of what I see as American national interest. China 's plays by different rules domestically than it expects its businesses to receive abroad, and the purchase of significant resource deposits in Canada and Australia represent a threat to American (and Anglosphere) security. The fact that state companies are the ones doing the purchases are especially problematic.

China also expects media and businesses dealing with China to adhere to its censor. That's pretty damning when most business leaders will gladly censor themselves in return for a greater market share. America can better negotiate its interests when it is at the center of a large, cohesive economic, military, and political bloc.

We can trade with China, but it should be on American terms, and the United States should be wary of a potentially aggressive China from accumulating too much power.

This post was edited by bogie160 on Apr 24 2014 08:49pm
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Apr 24 2014 10:56pm
I dont know who the Republican nitwit in charge is, that put his/their stupid slant on things , but hes utterly failing
and has been for 10-14 years and he should be fired....

Oh wait - hmmm - hes doing a great Job!

Keep up the Great work GoP/Fox Somebody give them an Award.

Quote (bogie160 @ Apr 24 2014 10:48pm)
Obama has handled Ukraine poorly until now and badly mismanaged the crisis in Syria and has failed to achieve American objectives with respect to Iran. Iraq

Wtf do you think he shoulda done - bomb the crap outta them all , send a million boots over and spent another trillion dollars of money no one has like Pres Bush did.

Its called Diplomacy and its a process - and hes doing the best he can without killing a 100k - 100m people , declaring all out ww3 and not costing anyone a dime.

John Wayne politics is so 80s, and thank god - men of reason > men of whose got the biggest balls.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Apr 24 2014 11:14pm
Gold: Locked
Apr 24 2014 11:39pm
Quote (Skinned @ Apr 24 2014 03:10pm)

I don't think Obama has done so poorly on the foreign front as everyone thinks he has.
Gold: 226.37
Apr 25 2014 08:20am
Quote (card_sultan @ Apr 24 2014 11:56pm)

Wtf do you think he shoulda done - bomb the crap outta them all , send a million boots over and spent another trillion dollars of money no one has like Pres Bush did.

Its called Diplomacy and its a process - and hes doing the best he can without killing a 100k - 100m people , declaring all out ww3 and not costing anyone a dime.

John Wayne politics is so 80s, and thank god - men of reason > men of whose got the biggest balls.

Diplomacy is supposed to advance American interests.

Allowing Putin to coopt American policy into supporting chemical strikes against civilians is bad diplomacy.

Making deals with Iran which then fall through? Bad diplomacy.

Failing to adequately support a revolution we encouraged? Poor foreign policy.

Appeasing America's enemies is not diplomacy, it's weak foreign policy. Obama has gotten burned one too many times and now he's taking a harder stance.

As Giuliani said at the 08 convention, Obama should have just called John McCain.

Gold: 1.50
Apr 25 2014 08:47am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Apr 23 2014 08:35pm)
...how in the world is it sexist to acknowledge that the female of the human species is by far the superior nurturer of newborns , infants and adolescents ? We are talking basic biology here .

Basic biology also dictates human corpses can't reanimate....
Gold: 500.00
Apr 25 2014 09:11am
Quote (Morphmcmanerson @ Apr 25 2014 09:47am)
Basic biology also dictates human corpses can't reanimate....

but biology is true except when it contradicts the bible
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll