d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Got Questions About God? > #1 Can You Really Trust The Bible?
Prev1484950515278Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,042.00
Apr 30 2013 11:42am
Quote (brmv @ Apr 29 2013 11:40pm)
speaking of philosophy of perfection/perfectionism you find good resources from stanford university online, since you have such thirst for knowledge let me recommend to read (as example)
http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/perfectionism-moral/ and especially all the references given - perhaps you get some grasp that your ideas on the subject are not the only ones
let me emphasise that you should reread the (short) conclusion a few times

I don't have the time to read on philosophy I'm pretty sure I already identify with. I'm assuming you believe in absolute right and wrong? A philosophical notion you must embrace in order to strive for "perfection", no?
Gold: 11,700.00
Apr 30 2013 02:10pm
Quote (dajusta @ 30 Apr 2013 17:42)
I don't have the time to read on philosophy I'm pretty sure I already identify with.  I'm assuming you believe in absolute right and wrong?  A philosophical notion you must embrace in order to strive for "perfection", no?

take some time you misuse reading the bible over and over again and learn some philosophy - helps the thinking process
if you knew more about philosophy you would have widened your horizon and would avoid to always jump to conclusions
Gold: 0.00
Apr 30 2013 09:51pm
Quote (AEtheric @ May 1 2013 01:16am)
you see, you're going about this in a completely wrong way.

Look, if you have e^(i*pi)+1=0 then 0 means that there is nothing that you can come up with that will describe e^(i*pi), while e is eulers constant, which shows that this is the e-webz, and i is the imaginary constant, or your blind faith, and pi is the constant of god, showing that your blind faith multiplied by it creates a negative consequence when made the power over e.

You do know that, that Mathematics equation supposedly proves the existence of God?
"Some have suggested that the compact formula ei*pi + 1 = 0 is surely proof of a Creator and have called this formula "God’s formula."

Copy and paste the bolded into Google and you'll see what I mean.

Quote (brmv @ May 1 2013 01:28am)
you never explain anything, you just babble and babble and babble reflecting what has been done to you
it's not called explaining but (attempted) brainwashing

Yes I do, your heart is too hard to see it.

This post was edited by CPK001 on Apr 30 2013 09:52pm
Apr 30 2013 10:46pm
Quote (CPK001 @ 1 May 2013 03:51)
Yes I do, your heart is too hard to see it.

when you claim that i have to assume that your brain is too soft to think for yourself
Gold: 10,042.00
May 1 2013 12:20am
Quote (brmv @ Apr 30 2013 01:10pm)
take some time you misuse reading the bible over and over again and learn some philosophy - helps the thinking process
if you knew more about philosophy you would have widened your horizon and would avoid to always jump to conclusions

Re-read the post again.
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
May 1 2013 01:04am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 30 2013 08:51pm)
Some have suggested that the compact formula ei*pi + 1 = 0 is surely proof of a Creator and have called this formula "God’s formula
Nice of you to mistype "God's formula".

May 1 2013 04:37am
Quote (dajusta @ 1 May 2013 06:20)
Re-read the post again.

thx for the suggestion but no need
while i grant you that you have some sort of philosophy on some things in a common language watered down usage of the term 'philosophy'
all indications are that you are rather sophiaphobic as shown eg by your resistance to even consider informing yourself on non-biblical scriptures
but to allow you to learn something let's look at some philosophical positions on 'perfection':
one implies that 'perfection' is like 'utopia' something which never can be achieved
another implies the notion of completeness, which for a 'life' would require both substantial good and substantial evil
yes another implies that you never can judge 'perfection' from within the context
and there are plenty more, nearly as many as there are different schools of philosophy
so the question you have to ask yourself:
"do i want to gain knowledge through reflective understanding or am i happy with some fuzzy beliefs"
and to be clear about the last term: http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/belief/
Gold: 0.00
May 1 2013 05:10am
Quote (Azrad @ May 1 2013 05:04pm)
Nice of you to mistype "God's formula".

Well I didn't actually type that in. That was in quotation marks.

When I posted the website, it wouldn't let me post the site on here because it doesn't like the particular site that I posted.

That is why I said below that you should copy and paste the bolded to see the site where I found it from.
May 1 2013 05:30am
Quote (CPK001 @ 1 May 2013 11:10)
Well I didn't actually type that in. That was in quotation marks.
When I posted the website, it wouldn't let me post the site on here because it doesn't like the particular site that I posted.
That is why I said below that you should copy and paste the bolded to see the site where I found it from.

you understand the formula?
Gold: 2,285.00
May 1 2013 07:18am
Quote (CPK001 @ Apr 30 2013 09:35am)
I said you overlooked some of the big names in the Bible and you said that was a plainly silly comment. I then said that because you overlooked the big names in the Bible you came to your conclusion as you did. Now I understand how you came to your conclusion but I also know where you went wrong.

*snipped terrible analogy for brevity*

Now the point I'm making is that you can steer towards one pathway and lead to the logical end of the sum. However, the method that you did use to reach your conclusion was wrong.
So when I say you overlooked some of the big names in the Bible, it is obvious what conclusion you were going to come to: Jesus never lived.

Nice Strawman. That's not any conclusion that I have ever come to. But since you brought it up, my conclusion from having read the Bible is that it's a work of semi-historical fiction, and that there's no reason to believe either that Yahweh is real or that Jesus was the son of any god.

Now in regards to the 5 billion people, they can be changed one disciple at a time. So not all will enter the kingdom of Heaven, some people just will not listen until it is too late.
Their hearts are hardened and we will mourn their loss when they feel the reality of Hell. The message is not there to brainwash you but to warn you. It is up to you to heed the warning.
We will not stop warning you either. You will be warned until the day you die.

And now you've gone into a religious spiel. You plainly made a horrible argument back there in post 445.

You're right in saying that if I tell the word there is no such thing as Yahweh, then 5 billion people will agree. However, if 2 billion people tell the world that there is such a God as Yahweh, + the billions of other people that have lived all through history then surely the 5 billion people will agree.

You can't dismiss the accounts of historical claims along with the claims of the here and now. The sheer number alone amounts to more than 5 billion. This is true because the population has been living their respective generation for more than 2000 years with roughly 100 years each. 20 generations telling the single generation of the here and now that there is such a God as yahweh.

Now try to claim that 5 billion people won't believe.

Are you backing away from this statement?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1484950515278Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll