d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Trump 2016 > Trump Vs Clinton
Prev14804814824834843169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 40.42
Jun 27 2016 12:40pm
Quote (Pollster @ 27 Jun 2016 10:34)

Trump has now flip-flopped multiple times on every single proposal he's made. I don't know how anyone could possibly be dumb enough to vote for this.

Mostly coz you're real mad that it's so unfair to be a white man, near as I can tell. :(
Gold: 20.31
Jun 27 2016 01:39pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jun 27 2016 11:40am)
Mostly coz you're real mad that it's so unfair to be a white man, near as I can tell. :(

The whole thing is just very amusing to me because Trump, as a candidate and potential president, is such a radical departure from Romney, McCain, W. Bush, Dole, H.W. Bush, and on back. Voting for him is just fundamentally different. A few presidency scholars have thrown out the controversial opinion that Reagan and his cue cards might not have been fit for the office but at least he was a Governor.

I can understand why people voted for George W. Bush, and tens of millions of them would be dumb enough to do it again even after it's clear that his presidency was an abject failure, but voting for Trump is still a departure from that. There's never been a major nominee so manifestly unqualified, not to mention someone who has disqualified themselves so many times. It really is kind of remarkable what we're seeing and why.
Gold: 388.33
Gold: 57.00
Jun 27 2016 03:51pm
Quote (majorblood @ 27 Jun 2016 17:47)

no refunds Bernie and sellout Warren, quite the support
Gold: 0.00
Jun 27 2016 03:58pm
Calling trump a flip flopper jay? have you seen your candidate ? Just because it might take 3 months, 6 months, 2 years doesn't make it any different
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 27 2016 03:59pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ Jun 27 2016 01:58pm)
Calling trump a flip flopper jay? have you seen your candidate ? Just because it might take 3 months, 6 months, 2 years doesn't make it any different

makes it quite a bit different actually
Gold: 40.42
Jun 27 2016 03:59pm
Quote (stimpy6298 @ 27 Jun 2016 13:58)

Lol yea, changing an opinion on an issue after years of careful thought or after lunch because you realise you've said yet another stupid thing, it's all the same, right?
Gold: 2,620.00
Jun 27 2016 04:00pm
Quote (majorblood @ 27 Jun 2016 16:47)

Quote (excellence @ 27 Jun 2016 16:51)
no refunds Bernie and sellout Warren, quite the support

Warren really has sold out recently. She used to be one of the toughest Senators on Wall Street and banking regulations, but now she's going full-out supporting Hillary.

I was very curious to see how she would handle the Sanders-Clinton dilemma. Bernie's rhetoric and ideology fits more of her message and all the books she's written, but Hillary was always the most likely to win the DNC nomination. I'm not surprised she waited this long to endorse Hillary (as opposed to the Massachusetts primary), and it also totally makes sense to play politics here and get on the good side of the future president.

But it is really sad to see how far Warren has come from her previous messages. She's worked so hard to try and reinstate two sections of Glass-Steagal, and now Hillary wants nothing to do with that (obviously). Warren has also harshly criticized the TPP, and now she's getting behind one of the TPP's biggest advocates.

Perhaps it is for the greater good. Perhaps Warren knows she should support Clinton in an effort to defeat Trump and that's what really matters right now. But I also think that she should use this opportunity and leverage to influence HRC into supporting more Wall Street and banking regulations.

But, she hasn't done that. She really is a sellout. Gunning for the VP spot, I suppose. Or getting on the future president's good side, which is certainly never a bad idea for your own political career. But man, what about all those books and speeches she made? What a sellout.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 27 2016 04:01pm
Quote (AiNedeSpelCzech @ Jun 27 2016 04:59pm)
Lol yea, changing an opinion on an issue after years of careful thought or after lunch because you realise you've said yet another stupid thing, it's all the same, right?

You realize one is a not a politician? You hillary people are quick to point out trumps flaws but won't take responsibility for your own
Gold: 28,296.75
Jun 27 2016 04:01pm
Quote (ThatAlex @ Jun 27 2016 02:00pm)
Warren really has sold out recently. She used to be one of the toughest Senators on Wall Street and banking regulations, but now she's going full-out supporting Hillary.

I was very curious to see how she would handle the Sanders-Clinton dilemma. Bernie's rhetoric and ideology fits more of her message and all the books she's written, but Hillary was always the most likely to win the DNC nomination. I'm not surprised she waited this long to endorse Hillary (as opposed to the Massachusetts primary), and it also totally makes sense to play politics here and get on the good side of the future president.

But it is really sad to see how far Warren has come from her previous messages. She's worked so hard to try and reinstate two sections of Glass-Steagal, and now Hillary wants nothing to do with that (obviously). Warren has also harshly criticized the TPP, and now she's getting behind one of the TPP's biggest advocates.

Perhaps it is for the greater good. Perhaps Warren knows she should support Clinton in an effort to defeat Trump and that's what really matters right now. But I also think that she should use this opportunity and leverage to influence HRC into supporting more Wall Street and banking regulations.

But, she hasn't done that. She really is a sellout. Gunning for the VP spot, I suppose. Or getting on the future president's good side, which is certainly never a bad idea for your own political career. But man, what about all those books and speeches she made? What a sellout.

I figured that speech I watched today would get this response from certain sanders supporters
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14804814824834843169Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll