d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Eyes On Australia
Prev1474849505181Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,504.69
Aug 2 2022 11:34am
Quote (WastedPenguinz @ Aug 2 2022 12:19pm)
what if the blog is made because the scholar is cancelled but still has a passion for their research? for which the deductions they make although contrary to group think, they feel is important enough to share with open minded people such as Ti?

youre the worst type TBH

this mentality piggy backs on the idea that contrary opinions in scholarly work are just an instantly cancelable offense.

whereas in reality scholars were calling for masks, then later research showed masks being ineffective to prevent contraction and the narrative changed, then cloth masks were also called ineffective, etc.

the truth is the narrative always changes, and if u have a contrary view you're met with a burden of proof to change the narrative, not outright censorship. those that get cancelled are the types that say dumb stuff like "just drink aged urine" then refuse to show proof it does anything. ivermectin claims bred ivermectin trials which led to some treatment. then less as it proved to be less effective than it was once thought.
Gold: 0.69
Aug 2 2022 12:09pm
mask kook australia
PEAK PASSED BUT WEAR YOUR MASK AS OFFICER'S DEPLOYED TO CRACK DOWN ON COMPLIANCE!!!
https://www.bitchute.com/video/2GB4zT2ijIOI/
Gold: 136.00
Aug 2 2022 09:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ 3 Aug 2022 03:34)

Quote (TiStuff @ 2 Aug 2022 15:55)

Quote (WastedPenguinz @ 3 Aug 2022 03:19)

I don't see why everything must be so full of conspiracy...

The problem is this:

There are tons of research papers that literally show that masks for example do have an effect of whether the virus gets spread around or not. Yes science can change and variables change therefore outcome changes however it is not outrageously weird to understand that masks help to block the particles that may spread otherwise...

Here for example the absolute first hit on google... This is a research paper showing that masks do work. Whether you HAVE to use it by law is a political question and has nothing to do with the science:
https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2014564118

Now on the other hand there are "blogs" saying the absolute opposite. Masks never help etc. which is not backed up by controlled tests or most of the time any kind of tests/research.

So in short we have: Numerous research papers (masks work) vs blogs or random videos (masks dont work)

It is for me easy to decide which one is a better for the community even if I don't know nothing about it.

If a research paper is being "cancelled" it's probably because it doesn't meet the standards of a real research paper.

I hate the today's politicians as much as most of you and know that mostly they don't have our best interest in mind but science "under normal circumstances" have not much to do with politics. A good example is global warming.

This post was edited by FantasyWorldII on Aug 2 2022 09:32pm
Aug 3 2022 06:27pm
Quote (FantasyWorldII @ Aug 2 2022 08:26pm)
I don't see why everything must be so full of conspiracy...

The problem is this:

There are tons of research papers that literally show that masks for example do have an effect of whether the virus gets spread around or not. Yes science can change and variables change therefore outcome changes however it is not outrageously weird to understand that masks help to block the particles that may spread otherwise...

Here for example the absolute first hit on google... This is a research paper showing that masks do work. Whether you HAVE to use it by law is a political question and has nothing to do with the science:
https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2014564118

Now on the other hand there are "blogs" saying the absolute opposite. Masks never help etc. which is not backed up by controlled tests or most of the time any kind of tests/research.

now if your going to make a mask topic move it to a mask thread or a covid thread. i know how frauds like to get threads closed down.

So in short we have: Numerous research papers (masks work) vs blogs or random videos (masks dont work)

It is for me easy to decide which one is a better for the community even if I don't know nothing about it.

If a research paper is being "cancelled" it's probably because it doesn't meet the standards of a real research paper.

I hate the today's politicians as much as most of you and know that mostly they don't have our best interest in mind but science "under normal circumstances" have not much to do with politics. A good example is global warming.

i already showed you at the very least something is wrong with "global warming"

now its time for you to put it on the line. explain what experiment and exactly how it works to back up your claim masks work.

here is the latest on masks. they are calling it the fogen effect
Facemasks and COVID-19 case fatality rate
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/349858647_Facemasks_and_COVID-19_case_fatality_rate

excerpt: The cause of this trend and the possible connection between long-term effects associated with SARS-CoV-2 and facemasks are explained in the theory herein by the ‘foegen effect’; i.e., deep reinhalation of pure virions caught in the facemasks as droplets can worsen the prognosis.

seems to be the same principle that results in bacteria phenomenon. the body breathes stuff out to get rid of it. but with a mask on you just breath it right back in.

the article concludes
This finding suggests that the use of facemasks in COVID-19 pandemic did contribute to an increase in the death toll counterintuitive of its purpose, making mask mandates a highly debatable epidemiologic intervention.

BTW i like the date on your link. just in time to whip up some pro masking to mandate masks

people like this? they dont receive counter arguments they just get "cancelled" do you se a problem with that or do you think that is how science works?
Dr Merritt: Face Masks Don't Work! You're Either Being Paid or Played!
https://www.bitchute.com/video/vpffR07rUn87/

This post was edited by TiStuff on Aug 3 2022 06:33pm
Aug 3 2022 07:32pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 4 Aug 2022 10:27)
i already showed you at the very least something is wrong with "global warming"

now its time for you to put it on the line. explain what experiment and exactly how it works to back up your claim masks work.

here is the latest on masks. they are calling it the fogen effect
Facemasks and COVID-19 case fatality rate
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/349858647_Facemasks_and_COVID-19_case_fatality_rate

excerpt: The cause of this trend and the possible connection between long-term effects associated with SARS-CoV-2 and facemasks are explained in the theory herein by the ‘foegen effect’; i.e., deep reinhalation of pure virions caught in the facemasks as droplets can worsen the prognosis.

seems to be the same principle that results in bacteria phenomenon. the body breathes stuff out to get rid of it. but with a mask on you just breath it right back in.

the article concludes
This finding suggests that the use of facemasks in COVID-19 pandemic did contribute to an increase in the death toll counterintuitive of its purpose, making mask mandates a highly debatable epidemiologic intervention.

BTW i like the date on your link. just in time to whip up some pro masking to mandate masks

people like this? they dont receive counter arguments they just get "cancelled" do you se a problem with that or do you think that is how science works?
Dr Merritt: Face Masks Don't Work! You're Either Being Paid or Played!
https://www.bitchute.com/video/vpffR07rUn87/

Well played sir. Finally something that is not complete Ti bullshit.
I don't want to discuss global warming because otherwise we would never be able to focus on one single topic.

So back to covid masks and our 2 research paper links:

First of all, your research paper was published in March 2021. The one I sent was published Dec 2020 and revised in January 2021. So not much difference there.

Now, before you look at the verdict of a research paper, you need to check what a paper tries to solve:
My paper:
In this narrative review, we develop an analytical framework to examine mask usage, synthesizing the relevant literature to inform multiple areas: population impact, transmission characteristics, source control, wearer protection, sociological considerations, and implementation considerations.

Your paper:
The purpose of this study was to find if mandatory masking influences the case fatality rate.

So in short, my is focusing on transmission and protection of those who don't have the virus. Yours on the other hand focuses on the health of people who have Covid and are using masks but has nothing to say about the effects of masks in regards to transmission.

This is why the verdict seem so different... Because they try to solve different questions.

So both articles are right in what they try to achieve.

The logical conclusion is:
* Masks are very effective in stopping the spread.
* Stay home if you have covid and if you don't want to wear a mask.
* If you have covid and must leave the house wear a mask for the sake of your community. As per your own paper "high death rate occurs when you wear facemasks over many hours despite being ill (example given: medical personnel)."

Was a good read, thanks!
Aug 5 2022 03:13am
Quote (FantasyWorldII @ Aug 3 2022 06:32pm)
Well played sir. Finally something that is not complete Ti bullshit.
I don't want to discuss global warming because otherwise we would never be able to focus on one single topic.

So back to covid masks and our 2 research paper links:

First of all, your research paper was published in March 2021. The one I sent was published Dec 2020 and revised in January 2021. So not much difference there.

Now, before you look at the verdict of a research paper, you need to check what a paper tries to solve:
My paper:

Your paper:

So in short, my is focusing on transmission and protection of those who don't have the virus. Yours on the other hand focuses on the health of people who have Covid and are using masks but has nothing to say about the effects of masks in regards to transmission.

This is why the verdict seem so different... Because they try to solve different questions.

So both articles are right in what they try to achieve.

The logical conclusion is:
* Masks are very effective in stopping the spread.
* Stay home if you have covid and if you don't want to wear a mask.
* If you have covid and must leave the house wear a mask for the sake of your community. As per your own paper "high death rate occurs when you wear facemasks over many hours despite being ill (example given: medical personnel)."

Was a good read, thanks!

you should of been pinged.
this is a australia thread and you posted a mask argument. i moved your mask argument to
no masks
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=84140232&f=27&o=2450
Aug 5 2022 05:42am
Quote (TiStuff @ 5 Aug 2022 19:13)
you should of been pinged.
this is a australia thread and you posted a mask argument. i moved your mask argument to
no masks

I was just explaining you the diff of the 2 articles lol

:bonk:
Aug 5 2022 05:45am
Quote (FantasyWorldII @ Aug 5 2022 04:42am)
I was just explaining you the diff of the 2 articles lol

:bonk:

i replied
its in this thread
no masks
Aug 5 2022 05:59am
Quote (TiStuff @ 5 Aug 2022 21:45)

I noticed you have trouble understanding conclusions.

It is especially bad today because of your buddy alex jones. It just shows you that you can only get so far with obvious lies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sct36Kli-Oc&ab_channel=ABCNews

PS gay frogs <3
Aug 5 2022 06:10am
Quote (FantasyWorldII @ Aug 5 2022 04:59am)
I noticed you have trouble understanding conclusions.

It is especially bad today because of your buddy alex jones. It just shows you that you can only get so far with obvious lies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sct36Kli-Oc&ab_channel=ABCNews

PS gay frogs <3

your just spinning out on off topic posts trying to get thread closed I will just have to report your nonsense. o? i dont care bout your TV link or alex jones wont click on it .........
BTW
you been answered in
no masks
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1474849505181Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll